Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who Wins, the Longhorns or the SOONERS?
Sooners 12 44.44%
Longhorns 15 55.56%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2010, 11:54 AM   #15
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
This is the best post so far as I totally agree and your score could be correct .
I only wish we would run the same offense that Gilbert ran during the nc game however We have switched to a running style offense this year with no rinningback. Plus gilbert is a shotgun type qb not a behind the center style we have him learning now It's funny most everytime we run the spread we drive down and score however we run this new one and we go 3 and out and turn over the ball if we say f this new offense and go back with what
We have run the last 5 years we will have a chance however if we try running over and over as we have the last 4 weeks it could be a long day.
Oh....J-N-H, even if we let them win one, they would have to win 18 more just to pull even with us in the series!!! As it stands 59-40-5.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #16
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyMan View Post
Oh....J-N-H, even if we let them win one, they would have to win 18 more just to pull even with us in the series!!! As it stands 59-40-5.
True.

But, not a great percentage sonsidering OU should get the second choice at all the talent out of Texas......... According to what I hear anyway.....

And you don't consider Rome, a greater nation than ourselves do you.

They have WAY more time on top of the world than we do.

It's all about NOW my freind.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
PonyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
True.

But, not a great percentage sonsidering OU should get the second choice at all the talent out of Texas......... According to what I hear anyway.....

We got your "NOW", OU is 1-4 in the last FIVE RRR, UT has been to the National Championship twice in the last five years and actually won.....can't get more "NOW" than that!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #18
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
True.

Quote:
We got your "NOW", OU is 1-4 in the last FIVE RRR, UT has been to the National Championship twice in the last five years and actually won.....can't get more "NOW" than that!!!

I dont care who won last year , 5 years ago or even 10 years ago Yes I love it over all we still hold the trophy however that means nothing for now or the future.
All we can do is control now and the future is yet to be decided.

Texas is having a rebuilding year unlike most years where we lose a guy or two

we have lost 3 offensive lineman , a Qb and a Wr which both meant the world to this offense last season.

I think everyone is seeing just how good now COLT and Jordan were.

IMO this is a game that neither team really has a identity.

OU will of course come out FIRED up being undefeated and knowing how we have played lately.

We need to Hit them in the mouth and shut the OU crowd up and give the Texas Fans something to get loud about.

PLay smart , protect the ball and dont let bad plays haunt us for the rest of the game.

Yes its all fun and games and bragging rights however I am one to say this year is a rebuilding year and thats how it is.........

if Texas wants to say lets give it our all and leave it on the field HELL YEAH

This is the game where kids grow up to be men.

as in recent years I dont see this game this year making a big deal on recruiting right now as TEXAS already has there team next year recruited.

This is a Game where one of these teams is going to find there identity.

No we are not going to let OU win one and OU isnt going to let us Win one.

It could be a run away but I have a hunch this is going to be a low scoring ball game and the winner with the least amount of turn overs will win.

you two can sit here and bicker over your opinions lol let the game start and when its over move on and congrats to the winner.

1 thing we can all agree on neither Team looks Good right now lol

Yes Landry jones looks a little more seasoned as he should be with more expierenced however thats going to be a good match up his arm his wr's and Texas secondary. ( thats on whoever shows up )

Any given days guys

its 4:29pm and OU STILL SUCKS
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:40 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Oh yaaaaaa, well OU can kick yer dads but......................

So the passed 5 years, even thought a great five years, wasn't quite as good as OUs previous 5. One NCship and 4 played in. sith 5-0 over UT.

I wonder whos gonna be the big boyz over the NEXT 5 years???

Don't matter though.

I love the OU UT game....... Always have..............
Old 09-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #20
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
GO HUSKERS

Sorry guys, I had to do it.
Do they even have fans?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #21
PonyMan

OKBlitz.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- The Oklahoma Sooners indefinitely suspended wide receiver Jaz Reynolds Wednesday for comments he made on Twitter.

Just after a campus shooting took place at the University of Texas at Austin Tuesday, Reynolds tweeted "Hey everyone in austin, tx………kill yourself #evillaugh."

In a press release, Stoops said, "...Our rivalry with Texas will not come at the expense of dignity and respect. We have great concern for what happened in Austin and I am incredibly disappointed that someone connected with our team would react so callously..."

What this story fails to tell you is that Jaz Reynolds has not played in a game yet this season. Suspending him is like suspending a kid who is on the injured reserve list. Had this been Ryan Broyles who said this, Sooner Nation would be all up in arms over Stoops suspending him. But we all know Stoops wouldn't suspend his best player on the team, days before the biggest game of the year. Class act OU!!!

And you even suck at sucking, but it is 7:41AM and you still suck
Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 AM   #22
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Classy.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 PM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
OKBlitz.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- The Oklahoma Sooners indefinitely suspended wide receiver Jaz Reynolds Wednesday for comments he made on Twitter.

Just after a campus shooting took place at the University of Texas at Austin Tuesday, Reynolds tweeted "Hey everyone in austin, tx………kill yourself #evillaugh."

In a press release, Stoops said, "...Our rivalry with Texas will not come at the expense of dignity and respect. We have great concern for what happened in Austin and I am incredibly disappointed that someone connected with our team would react so callously..."

What this story fails to tell you is that Jaz Reynolds has not played in a game yet this season. Suspending him is like suspending a kid who is on the injured reserve list. Had this been Ryan Broyles who said this, Sooner Nation would be all up in arms over Stoops suspending him. But we all know Stoops wouldn't suspend his best player on the team, days before the biggest game of the year. Class act OU!!!

And you even suck at sucking, but it is 7:41AM and you still suck
Whoa.......

And I thought most of your comments on here were sarcasm.

You're serious???

Stoops has ALWAYS shown that he will not hesitate to suspend. Even more so than Mac Brown.

And you talk as if there was a question....... You don't have any idea what Stoops would have done.

He has shown nothing but integrity and honesty since he's been at OU. Mac Brown is a fake backstaber and everyone who really pays attention knows it. Cry baby Brown.

Bob Stoops has more credibility than Brown does as far as this goes.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:
Whoa.......

And I thought most of your comments on here were sarcasm.

You're serious???

Stoops has ALWAYS shown that he will not hesitate to suspend. Even more so than Mac Brown.

And you talk as if there was a question....... You don't have any idea what Stoops would have done.

He has shown nothing but integrity and honesty since he's been at OU. Mac Brown is a fake backstaber and everyone who really pays attention knows it. Cry baby Brown.

Bob Stoops has more credibility than Brown does as far as this goes.

WOAH lol

Cry baby brown ?

every year we play OU if something isnt going right for OU then Bob is shaking his head with that look on his face like he wants to cry then he bugs the ref for plays to come about it like they are going to go back and change it.

Of course coaches are going to get pissed and show emotion if they dont think something is right its called being a coach and trying to stand up for there team but come on you cant say Bob doesnt go overboard during our UT/OU games.

both coahces show emotion not just brown.

oh and the " integrity and honesty " BS not at all times.

Every coach has his flaws im sure Bob is a good guy but he is no where Mr good ol boy lol

Brown doesnt save UT players from getting in trouble thats good old Alumni $$$$$$$$$ who happen to be lawyers not the coach.

BRown is the one who kicked romance taylor off the team.
Brown is the one who kicked one of our top recruits off the team this offseason because he cant get his head on right.

Brown is the one who kept sergio kindle out of the first two games last year for his BS he did because he knew he had to there was no getting out of that.

Brown is the one who suspended benson back in 04 for 2 games after being thrown in jail. ( not until 06 did he start removing from team for something like that )

I recall bob has suspended a few guys from the team from a few games however how does a player get to play after stealing gas ? lol

NO ONE is perfect not Brown nor Bobby lol

The air may smell fishy at times coming from Austin however the same Air comes down from Norman at times as well lol

Every university has it.

LEave the BS out of it and let these kids play
Old 10-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
PQ was drinking the kool-aid last night again

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #26
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
WOAH lol

Cry baby brown ?

every year we play OU if something isnt going right for OU then Bob is shaking his head with that look on his face like he wants to cry then he bugs the ref for plays to come about it like they are going to go back and change it.

Of course coaches are going to get pissed and show emotion if they dont think something is right its called being a coach and trying to stand up for there team but come on you cant say Bob doesnt go overboard during our UT/OU games.

both coahces show emotion not just brown.

Crazy huh??? Wasn't meant for you actually. I know Mac is a good guy. But my statement is as rediculous as the post.

oh and the " integrity and honesty " BS not at all times. Yuh huh.......

Every coach has his flaws im sure Bob is a good guy but he is no where Mr good ol boy lol

Brown doesnt save UT players from getting in trouble thats good old Alumni $$$$$$$$$ who happen to be lawyers not the coach.

BRown is the one who kicked romance taylor off the team.
Brown is the one who kicked one of our top recruits off the team this offseason because he cant get his head on right.

Stoops canned his STARTING QB the week before the first game of the season once. All I'm saying is It's absolutely unfair and invalid to critisise Stoops for punishing a kid.

Brown is the one who kept sergio kindle out of the first two games last year for his BS he did because he knew he had to there was no getting out of that.

Brown is the one who suspended benson back in 04 for 2 games after being thrown in jail. ( not until 06 did he start removing from team for something like that )

I recall bob has suspended a few guys from the team from a few games however how does a player get to play after stealing gas ? lol Hey,,,,, gas is expensive. Hotta fill up the H2...... lol

NO ONE is perfect not Brown nor Bobby lol

The air may smell fishy at times coming from Austin however the same Air comes down from Norman at times as well lol

Every university has it.

LEave the BS out of it and let these kids play

For the most part. Just thought it was an odd time and reason to call out Stoops.

Dude, Mac Brown stole a whole tanker full of gas once. And robbed a bank. PLUS, he took a book from the library and didn't check it out.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #27
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Quote:

For the most part. Just thought it was an odd time and reason to call out Stoops.

Dude, Mac Brown stole a whole tanker full of gas once. And robbed a bank. PLUS, he took a book from the library and didn't check it out.

LMAO

You know I wouldnt have even said anything to begin with I can honestly careless what he is like meaning his personal self.

Here is to a GREAT Game tomorrow hopfully NO ONE gets Hurt
Old 10-03-2010, 10:21 PM   #28
PQ
Booooosted.

That game should have ended in a tie.