Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-28-2014, 03:18 PM   #15
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDave83 View Post
think the APEX site is down....
I thought it was just me.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #16
BGKySS

Drives: Cyber Grey 2010 2SS RS
Is the Apex website down? When I click on the link in Apex's signature it doesn't work?
Old 11-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
40% off on Hawk brake pads! Best price on these I've ever seen. Ordered up front & rears for my ZL1 conversion.
Thank you for your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDave83 View Post
think the APEX site is down....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
I thought it was just me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGKySS View Post
Is the Apex website down? When I click on the link in Apex's signature it doesn't work?
Traffic spikes have knocked the site off line a couple times today but it is back up.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 04:10 PM   #18
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
i see some good deals, but i'm not out shopping.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #19
racergirl

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS A6 Camaro
If you go out to malls, there are incredible deals. I work at Express (a clothing store) and everything was half off. It was crazy. Like it looked like a hurricane after Thursday night

Former Camaro: 2013 2LS
BONE STOCK: 13.953@100.77 With Bolt-Ons: 13.646@101.60
With 75 shot and Bolt-Ons: 12.587@111.25
Performance Mods: CAI Intake, MRT V2, SLP Underdrive Pulley, DRs, Skinnies, Rear seat delete
racergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #20
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
Bought a 40" Samsung led 1080p for $326 Canadian today. A teenage boy is going to be very happy.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #21
2SScamaro2010

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
40% off on Hawk brake pads! Best price on these I've ever seen. Ordered up front & rears for my ZL1 conversion.
I picked up a set also, wasn't planning on buying anything this year until I seen that.
Mods: SW Retro Chambered cat back, CAI cai black, APEX scoop and ww tank, RX catch can, APEX Skip-shift Eliminator, Hurst short throw, Speeddawg knob, Kooks 1 7/8 headers high flow cats, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Livernois dyno tune, ZL1 grill and side skirts.WHP: 415 WTQ: 407
2SScamaro2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:50 AM   #22
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I swore off Black Friday shopping many years ago. However, yesterday (Friday... BLACK Friday) I wasn't able to sleep (stress) in the early morning, so I just figured I might as well get up, kill time by giving Black Friday a shot.

My local BassPro was to open at 5AM, with "doorbuster" deals, and lots of ammo (my main objective). I arrived at 4:20AM, to an almost full parking lot. I found a space, and went to go stand in line.

The line of people waiting to get in started at the front door, of course... then wound down the sidewalk, past the restaurant, down the other sidewalk, out to the street, up the street, back into the parking lot again, back towards the store, and ALMOST to the front door again (I'm sure that the tail reached the front door within a few more minutes, as there was an infinitely long parade of vehicles attempting to get into the lot)... about a 1/2 mile of people.

I took my place at the tail, and stood in line for a few minutes. However, I soon heard BassPro employees, rolling around in golf carts, announcing over the megaphone that all ammo vouchers had been handed out, and that there would be no more ammo available. So I bailed... back home, empty- handed, by 530 AM.

(I do give kudos to BassPro for letting us know that the ammo would not be available: Of course, they want to get us inside the store to buy lots of OTHER items, too, but letting us know that the ammo was not available was a thoughtful gesture. Yes, it stopped me (and, from the looks of things, lots of other ammo seekers) from even entering the store, but it saved me a lot of wasted time, and I will express my gratitude by (A) returning to that store at some other time, and dropping some cash... and (B) by sharing the evidence with others that BassPro was willing to sacrifice people walking through the door in order to reduce frustration and wasted time for their customers.)
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote