Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #267
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I was in the same CHL training as you taught by an ex-cop. The key is criminal mischief and between dusk and dawn. I can even protect my neighbor's property. I confirm it with the local PD.
The key is not criminal mischief.

Your life being in danger would be the key. But go ahead and shoot someone, just don't be upset when you're staring a life sentence in the face and then complaining about the good ol' days in 'Murrica
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #268
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I think the key here is spanking NOT beating.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #269
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
my dad used the belt on me......good times.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:11 PM   #270
Camaro25

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT RS
Wow, that really sucks. My first Camaro got keyed right in the parking lot of the bodyshop after being repaired. I got into an accident, the other guy was at fault and had no insurance, so I got stuck paying the deductible. They had just finished fixing it and pulled it outside. The secretary noticed a couple kids standing beside it and when she went outside she caught them keying it. Their parents got the bill for the repaint.
Camaro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #271
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
OK fellas. Recap:

A pair of J-off kids vandalized the car very badly. It's wrong, horribly wrong. The owner has every right to be angry. Everyone seems to agree, this is a reason to be displeased a whole bunch. Scream at the sky unhappy, kick a squirrel unhappy (ok, maybe not, don't hurt squirrels) . We all wish there was some magic wand to correct this in a flash.

And the parents... blah blah blah. Look, there's no time machine to use and enact your preferred method of prevention with these kids to avoid the situation. It's done.

Don't you all feel we have talked about "I'd kill those kids" enough to satisfy the machismo of the average male by now? It's natural to vent by making assertions of what we would do in X Y or Z situation but reading this thread is almost embarrassing by page 10. We're grown ups here. The kids have an excuse for idiotic behavior: they are s-head kids. I dunno about you all but I don't have the luxury of claiming ignorance in my behavior any more. There's probably a higher road we could travel here.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #272
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I'd hire some kids to fight them
pay them with candy, no paper trail
That can be done, but it will take cash, not candy. Then if things go south, there aren't many kids that would hold water. There was a dad who got arrested for it here.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:12 PM   #273
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Any update??

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #274
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Title says it all. Waiting to hear from insurance company, but hoping it's a total. The amount of damage is insane. Every body panel is damaged, 6 of 7 pieces of glass broken or chipped, both headlights and taillights, both mirrors, dents and deep gouges all over it.

So if you have young children, spank them when they are bad and teach them respect for others peoples property.

I'm currently stuck driving a Fiat 500L for a rental. What a TURD!

Likely no justice to be had since mom and dad are supposedly in jail and they are minors.
Attached Images

DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 PM   #275
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I am just sick to my stomach looking at your poor car. While the urge to weigh vengence is very strong I'm sure it would just end with you getting charged. There really seldom is a balancing of the scales so to speek with these incidents. My wife is a social worker and gets to deal with human garbage or as I call them wasting perfectly good oxygen.

Hope your insurance company can make you whole and you can get a new ride to enjoy. It really is a shame but abandoned kids from broken homes and bad parents are going to unleash their hatred somewhere and I gave up on the whole Karma idea a long time ago. Just get your new ride and move on. Truely sorry this happen to you.,

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #276
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxcc6spd View Post
Title says it all. Waiting to hear from insurance company, but hoping it's a total. The amount of damage is insane. Every body panel is damaged, 6 of 7 pieces of glass broken or chipped, both headlights and taillights, both mirrors, dents and deep gouges all over it.

So if you have young children, spank them when they are bad and teach them respect for others peoples property.

I'm currently stuck driving a Fiat 500L for a rental. What a TURD!

Likely no justice to be had since mom and dad are supposedly in jail and they are minors.
-______________________________________________-

jesus. christ.
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #277
dookie454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Hopefully Ins considers it a total, pays you good, then usually will offer a buyback for the car... that buyback price is usually pretty cheap... then you can decide to buy it back and part it out, or just use it as a beater if the buyback is cheap enough... that would be one sweet beater...
dookie454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:33 AM   #278
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
Not totaled and I'm fuming. Total damage est about $13K.

Anybody want to buy a Camaro with "Fresh Paint"?
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #279
zissophiss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
I had a buddy that had to fight tooth and nail to get his car totaled. There was even frame damage and they didn't want to do it. He finally got it taken care of and bought a brand new car.

Insurance companies love to take your money but the minute you want some of it back, look out.

Make sure they take into consideration the depreciation hit the car may take. If they can fix all of the damage the upside is you get a brand new paint job. From what I have heard on this board, that is not necessarily a bad thing. I would make sure you get someone that has an awesome reputation for paint and body work.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

zissophiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #280
Dmaxcc6spd

Drives: 71 Camaro SS - 17 Camaro SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Yes, there is a correct way to lovingly spank - which by the way is recommended in the Designers book.

I'm far from done with these people, but trying to move forward. Shop says it may take a month and insurance is moving as fast as the government. They said it could take 24-48 hours to SCHEDULE a tow. I'm not happy with their service down on the farm.

I found a really nice replacement at a local dealer, but I'm trying to figure out how to upgrade to a 1LE.

Thanks to everyone for their support.
14 Camaro RS (gone - totaled by 8&9 year olds)
17 Camaro 1LE HBM Ordered 02/21 Built 4/24, Delivered 5/4
Dmaxcc6spd is offline   Reply With Quote