Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #155
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
You have that backwards. The tires on THOR were Rain and Snow.
I know. They were saying that the summer tires that are now on Mrs. #3's SS made her car sound better (than it did previously and the Thor currently). I'm guessing that there's more tire noise with the winter rubber vs the summer.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 AM   #156
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Right. They were saying that the summer tires that are now on Mrs. #3's SS made her car sound better (than it did previously and the Thor currently).
Oh ... missed that ... can't imagine it sounding even better. I'll be over in the corner sitting quietly.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 AM   #157
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Okay, so which one of you guys is that with the mullet?
gtjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:07 AM   #158
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Did't take many, was too busy droolin over the maro! Here are a few, I am sure there will be more and I can't wait for the video!
The pics you did take were great! very sharp - what kinda camera is that? The yellow really stands out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
A little late to the party here.

Along with everything that was said about the car. I couldn't agree more.

Brembo check was very impressive... LS3 very impressive... Traction Control not as limiting as I would have thought, suspension is very... deceiving... Meaning it feels so mild mannered, that you think its a little too plush... But when it matters the response of the car is exceptional... All in all it's everything we all hoped it would be. If you can get a chance to go for a ride please do, you won't regret it. It adds a whole new dimension to the car that you don't get from pics or staring at it in a showroom.

Now, As for Mr. and Ms. #3. Two of the absolute nicest people you could meet. Truly generous with their time and information. My wife truly enjoyed the time she was able to speak with Ms. 3 and I can't begin to tell you how eager Mr. 3 was to share what he knew about the car. It's no wonder the car is what it is. With people like these two working at GM and providing feedback on how to improve the camaro... I had to be a success.

Jim and Lisa, I Know I said it at the track, but I feel it is worth repeating. I can't thank you enough for your willingness to share your family vacation with a bunch of drooling camaro gear heads. If I slobbered on you, I'm sorry...

If GM has any more people like you working there, I have great confidence that there are brighter days ahead for the General. If there is anything I can ever do for either of you just say the word... It would be my pleasure.

Fbodfather. I can confirm that there was a little mustang appetizer, and it even "leaked" a little as we blew by... I'm sure it whimpered also but I was too busy laughing to hear it... Just in case you wanted to know...

Again, thanks to everyone who came by, great group of people. If I remember there was a pretty nice sample of GM cars, A GTO, Cobalt SS, SS Impala, a Colorado, and a Silverado.

Thanks to everyone.

It's never too late to hear everyone's experience. Each person brings a unique touch to the table. This is just one of those things you have to experience for yourself cause no matter how many times/ways you hear the story ~ it's just not the same as being there.

Quote:
One thing I'd like to add, as I was discussing with gottahaveit, the exhaust note is great. I was previously thinking that I'd likely upgrade the exhaust once some good aftermarket options are available but now I'm pretty sure it's going to stay stock. It's pretty quiet when it's just sitting there or when you're cruising but when you get on the gas, it roars. And apparently, somehow, the summer rubber lets the exhaust sound better than the winter tread? When he was driving down the road a couple hundred yards away, you couldn't really hear the car. And then he got on the gas... heads turn.
I agree 100%! When Thor idles you can barely hear it running but WOW! does it sound good when the rpms get up there. I'm waiting on the catbacks now too.

Quote:
I know. They were saying that the summer tires that are now on Mrs. #3's SS made her car sound better (than it did previously and the Thor currently). I'm guessing that there's more tire noise with the winter rubber vs the summer.
I rode in Mrs. #3's car and was really impressed how quiet the cabin was especially on crappy MI roads. Tires will definitely make it sound different but I don't plan on putting winter tires on anyway.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #159
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjacket View Post
Okay, so which one of you guys is that with the mullet?
LMAO. If you would be refering to this guy, that be me. I must say though that I do not have a mullet, just long hair with a hat on. Yes my hair is long, just as long in the front and side as the back! No mullet but that is too funny. As soon as it gets long enough I can pull it back, no more hat. Got a kick from this though, thanks!

Attached Images

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #160
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
The pics you did take were great! very sharp - what kinda camera is that? The yellow really stands out.

Thanks, can't believe only took 13 pics though. Last time I seen the maro I took over 60 pics. I guess I was just enjoying the view instead of worrying bout the pics!

Olympus FE-100

Real happy with it, takes great pics and easy to use!

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Old 04-06-2009, 10:27 AM   #161
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
I think I took 13 pics also. I put the camera away after 5 minutes so I could spend some quality time going over the car. I will post the pics tonight.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #162
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
So i've been gone from the site for a couple days and i come back and find out I NAMED SCOTT'S CAMARO!!! How long are you guys in FL i can't get a day off till tomorrow.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #163
Silver Streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
So i've been gone from the site for a couple days and i come back and find out I NAMED SCOTT'S CAMARO!!!
WTG!!

Thor is a great name!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #164
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
please tell me that your coming to miami!!!!!
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #165
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Here's a couple pics.
Attached Images

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #166
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Great photos, especially the last one of the future Camari owner.

Finally found a car wash today so THOR is gleaming.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #167
nitromater13

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
will you be in orlando???
nitromater13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:57 PM   #168
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
Just for kicks here are a couple that I shot:

LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote