Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 01-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Arrow Where to Tune & Dyno My SS?

I want to deactivate the AFM on my SS badly, without changing any other settings. So can this even be done? I also want to dyno the car. Can the dealership deactivate the AFM for me? Any other places that would do it in Orange County? I live in Mission Viejo.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Call Shawn at http://www.socaltuning.com

(562)305-3532 tell him Guillermo sent you

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #3
sav1

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
well come to "Dyno day Meet"

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57872

"What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil"
sav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
Team STILLEN

Drives: Varies
Shoot us a call. We have been a Diablo Sport dealer for years and have our Dynojet on site. Our installation facility is top notch with only the best equipment and technicians. Stop by for a tour and see what else we do for the Camaros. (714) 540-5566 extension 140. We're just next to John Wayne Airport.

Team Stillen
Team STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
familycaronROIDS!
CMS built

Drives: 13 5.0
Cunningham MotorSports 951 471-2898 (Lake Elsinore)

Great Work and Great prices. Tuning is there cup of tea....

wrenched & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports
familycaronROIDS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #6
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSS View Post
I want to deactivate the AFM on my SS badly, without changing any other settings. So can this even be done? I also want to dyno the car. Can the dealership deactivate the AFM for me? Any other places that would do it in Orange County? I live in Mission Viejo.
I think I'm going for a Diablo Sport tuner once i get another couple thousand miles on mine. Remember, a tune (outside of a dealership) will void your warranty.

I mainly want to tune out the AFM too, but I've heard really good things about how a basic tune really makes this Camaro come to life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
...tell him Guillermo sent you
I use this everywhere...

I got a foot massage (free) with my last hair-cut,
I got an extra Big Mac in my MacDonalds happy meal,
I got 50 yard line tickets to the superbowl,
I got some guy hittin' on me as he carried my groceries to my car (eek... I guess it's not so wise to throw your name around just anywhere)

Jus' kiddin'!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone
...tell him Guillermo sent you.
I use this everywhere...

I got some guy hittin' on me as he carried my groceries to my car (eek... I guess it's not so wise to throw your name around just anywhere)

Jus' kiddin'!
Hahaha. That was funny!! Thanks. I needed that laugh today.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:

...I use this everywhere...

Jus' kiddin'!

If you mention his name at your local strip club, they will really take care of you
Old 01-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribone View Post
Hahaha. That was funny!! Thanks. I needed that laugh today.

You are very welcome! I couldn't help myself. I've only been around here since 11/09, but I've seen how much you help everyone on this board, I wanted to give a little back. (my own special way)

The Camaro may be what brings us together, but it's the community that keeps us commin' back!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM   #10
Adam@ST

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Welcome aboard..let me know if I can be of service. Thanks Adam
Adam@ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Adam@ST

re warranty

[QUOTE=5thGenOwner;1419025]I think I'm going for a Diablo Sport tuner once i get another couple thousand miles on mine. Remember, a tune (outside of a dealership) will void your warranty.

True..for the most part if you sneeze wrong the dealers will try to find a way to squeak out of the warranty. But you can ask your tuner for a copy of the custom tune, so if you need to take it in, you can reset the car to stock,and reload the tune to put it back in. This will only work for a Diablo Predator. If its tuned with HP Tuners or XFI LIve,the dealer who tuned it will need to set it back to stock. Either way, I do these small things as a courtesy.Also its wise to have a friend..in my case, my customers will benefit, as I have known the service director at my GM store for over 15yrs. He will take care of my crowd and overlook all the basic mods. When we start talking superchargers its a little harder tho.Sometimes, it is who you know.. Thanks Adam

Last edited by Adam@ST; 01-27-2010 at 11:23 AM. Reason: misprint
Old 01-27-2010, 11:31 AM   #12
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
[QUOTE=Adam@ST;1421872]
Quote:
I think I'm going for a Diablo Sport tuner once i get another couple thousand miles on mine. Remember, a tune (outside of a dealership) will void your warranty.

True..for the most part if you sneeze wrong the dealers will try to find a way to squeak out of the warranty. But you can ask your tuner for a copy of the custom tune, so if you need to take it in, you can reset the car to stock,and reload the tune to put it back in. This will only work for a Diablo Predator. If its tuned with HP Tuners or XFI LIve,the dealer who tuned it will need to set it back to stock. Either way, I do these small things as a courtesy.Also its wise to have a friend..in my case, my customers will benefit, as I have known the service director at my GM store for over 15yrs. He will take care of my crowd and overlook all the basic mods. When we start talking superchargers its a little harder tho.Sometimes, it is who you know.. Thanks Adam
that's a wonderful idea outside the fact that there's a hashed date stamp that is embeded every time a tune is installed.

all the dealer needs to do is check the date stamp and they'll know you reflashed it two days ago. just something to think about; i know some dealers are fine with mods but it's important people know everything when they're going into something like this.

if your gonna play, just pay and be done with it.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #13
Adam@ST

"[QUOTE=bolteon593;1421899]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@ST View Post

that's a wonderful idea outside the fact that there's a hashed date stamp that is embeded every time a tune is installed.

all the dealer needs to do is check the date stamp and they'll know you reflashed it two days ago. just something to think about; i know some dealers are fine with mods but it's important people know everything when they're going into something like this.

True, which is why I said, bolt on mod friendly.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
Adam@ST

Quote:

if your gonna play, just pay and be done with it.

Boy do I live by this rule!! Well said. Thanks Adam