Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #1
usabodyguard
Addicted to HP

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Cool FNG, this is my current toy/ride...

Hey whats happening... Im Dave or Big D (6'8" 295lbs) I live in socal, and own a tactical PSD training company (overseas operators, bodyguards, EP agents, LEO, etc) and in my spare time I enjoy building show vehicles.

I do not yet own a 5th gen camaro, but I am in the market for one. I am doing my research and advance work on building one, and this site has been great so far... ive narrowed my camaro model and mods down pretty far, once I get the car I will have everything ready to go, for the most part, so the total build will take less than 6 weeks. I will keep the specifics generalized until I finalize everything, but so far here is what I have -

2011 2SS RS, sunroof, color matched body kit
wheels/tires
full suspension upgrades
tvs 2300 blower
CAI
LT headers and full exhaust
Double din mod and full sound system

As for color I will keep that under wraps until I order, but I think I have a pretty good eye for what looks good... in fact this is my latest project that appeared on a magazine cover just a couple of months ago, and was featured at SEMA '09... i built this in my shop, with the help of several sponsors, the truck has appeared in several tech articles in magazines too.

2004 Silverado
LSX block - 427cid
TVS 2300 cogged over driven 15psi
fully forged internals, ARP bolts throughout motor and SC
10 rip ATI pulley
Custom coil covers
Eagle forged crank, eagle forged H beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, Comp cam, WCCH L92 stage 2.5 heads, C.H.E. bushing rockers, Patriot springs, TI pushrods.
LS7 TB
Alkycontrol methanol progressive injection
Aeromotive complete one off fuel system, surge tank -10 lines
Wilwood brakes 6 piston 16" rotors front, 4 piston 14" rotors out back
Fully built 1500hp performabuilt/CK performance transmission 4l80
Circle D 278mm billet TC
one off forged 2 pc wheels 22x10
Caltrac traction bars
Full belltech suspension
custom paint / interior (all seude and leather)
Much more...
750+RWHP

Couple of pics...

Do you see the yellow grand sport corvette in the reflection? The story behind why I built the truck was the fact I cant fit in a Z06, so I built a truck to compete with a vette, albiet in a straight line hahaha, but still.

But now that I fit in a camaro, the seat all the way down and back, I am hooked and cant wait to get one.

BTW - the truck has 600 miles on the new complete set up and IS for SALE!! Contact me for more details... anyways, looking forward to meeting some of you, building a new camaro, and having fun with a new project!

Comments and questions are welcomed!
D
usabodyguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 AM   #2
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Too nice man... Welcome to the site!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:26 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
That is a super clean truck Big D. I hope I get to see it when we have our meet at stillen in a few weeks. Welcome!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Wow that truck is sick
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Can't wait to see what your Camaro turns out like! Welcome & congrats on the planning...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
all i can say is WOW.
welcome to C5.remind me to never make you mad.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #7
usabodyguard
Addicted to HP

Thanks for the compliments guys! Anyone from the Ventura county area? There is a cruise in next sunday 4/11 at the ventura auto mall - 10am - 3pm... pm me for details if youre interested in going... it will be at one of the empty dealership lots with plenty of parking. I will be there with my truck.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
ssalter

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom w/ blk & iom
WOW!!!
I was at SEMA, and saw your truck, sorry for the drool in the engine compartment!!!
That truck is SICK!!!
700RWHP i bet is alot of fun. I drive the same truck everyday, cant imagine double the power.
Nice work

I bet your Camaro will be Top Notch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usabodyguard View Post
Hey whats happening... Im Dave or Big D (6'8" 295lbs) I live in socal, and own a tactical PSD training company (overseas operators, bodyguards, EP agents, LEO, etc) and in my spare time I enjoy building show vehicles.

I do not yet own a 5th gen camaro, but I am in the market for one. I am doing my research and advance work on building one, and this site has been great so far... ive narrowed my camaro model and mods down pretty far, once I get the car I will have everything ready to go, for the most part, so the total build will take less than 6 weeks. I will keep the specifics generalized until I finalize everything, but so far here is what I have -

2011 2SS RS, sunroof, color matched body kit
wheels/tires
full suspension upgrades
tvs 2300 blower
CAI
LT headers and full exhaust
Double din mod and full sound system

As for color I will keep that under wraps until I order, but I think I have a pretty good eye for what looks good... in fact this is my latest project that appeared on a magazine cover just a couple of months ago, and was featured at SEMA '09... i built this in my shop, with the help of several sponsors, the truck has appeared in several tech articles in magazines too.

2004 Silverado
LSX block - 427cid
TVS 2300 cogged over driven 15psi
fully forged internals, ARP bolts throughout motor and SC
10 rip ATI pulley
Custom coil covers
Eagle forged crank, eagle forged H beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, Comp cam, WCCH L92 stage 2.5 heads, C.H.E. bushing rockers, Patriot springs, TI pushrods.
LS7 TB
Alkycontrol methanol progressive injection
Aeromotive complete one off fuel system, surge tank -10 lines
Wilwood brakes 6 piston 16" rotors front, 4 piston 14" rotors out back
Fully built 1500hp performabuilt/CK performance transmission 4l80
Circle D 278mm billet TC
one off forged 2 pc wheels 22x10
Caltrac traction bars
Full belltech suspension
custom paint / interior (all seude and leather)
Much more...
750+RWHP

Couple of pics...

Do you see the yellow grand sport corvette in the reflection? The story behind why I built the truck was the fact I cant fit in a Z06, so I built a truck to compete with a vette, albiet in a straight line hahaha, but still.

But now that I fit in a camaro, the seat all the way down and back, I am hooked and cant wait to get one.

BTW - the truck has 600 miles on the new complete set up and IS for SALE!! Contact me for more details... anyways, looking forward to meeting some of you, building a new camaro, and having fun with a new project!

Comments and questions are welcomed!
D
ssalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
usabodyguard
Addicted to HP

Like I said, its for sale!! Only $5, mandatory handling charges are a bit more tho LOL...

Tags
lsx, tvs2300