Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Out early 2008. pre-production 2007 ?

ok. I am new to this site. but just say hey and I just got back from one of the chevy dealers here in fayetteville and they said they will not mark it up and it will be out early 2008. pre-production 2007. They got the memo (did you get the memo?) lol. ok well over and out.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
i want to see a copy of the memo...think i'll swing by my dealer today of i get the chance and see what i can dig up...on paper.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
matthewmiller01

Drives: 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
FWD me a copy too! My dealership here said that I would be able to order around mid 2008. They also said to expect to pay "sticker or a little bit over". I told them I don't have to have the first one in town (though it would be nice to see it come off the truck). So I will check with other dealers around and if no one will let it go for sticker or less, then I will just have to wait another year and save up that much more money. :p
Old 08-17-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Here's the news after calling 8 dealers. 6 of the dealers said they have absolutely no clue when they will begin accepting orders because there has been no verified release of information regarding options and dates. Therefore, they will not accept orders at this time nor can they accurately speculate as to when they will be accepting them (6 dealers said this).

One dealer said it is not in stone, but they will possibly be accepting orders in March or April of next year.

The last dealer said he has information confirming that it will be made in 07 and released in 08 towards the end of the year possibly as an 09 model. I then asked how he got his information. He said through a GMinsidenews website. I asked how I could get this information. It is through a network not accessible to the public. SO, I asked another dealer about this site. He said he read it too and that everything was speculation only. AND, that at this time....NO ONE KNOWS.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #5
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT
The last dealer said he has information confirming that it will be made in 07 and released in 08 towards the end of the year possibly as an 09 model. I then asked how he got his information. He said through a GMinsidenews website. I asked how I could get this information. It is through a network not accessible to the public. SO, I asked another dealer about this site. He said he read it too and that everything was speculation only. AND, that at this time....NO ONE KNOWS.
Thanks for doing the legwork and sharing the info! Seems the dealers are as much in the dark about this as we all are
Old 08-17-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Meant to put my last post here due to more info from the dealership. But you can check it out on the price gouging thread...just put it up. And...you got it...the dealers all have no clue. All they get is a daily bulletin with upcoming information (some true but some speculation). It all depends upon who's reading it and who likes to spread the rumors! No one really knows for sure at this time.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I know what went on with my dads brand new saturn sky. he placed an order in early feb and got the car a couple months later. this was while the car was in preporduction he orderd the car. if it is the same way and pre production is in 07 then I have no doubts it will be out in 08. what part I don't want to even guess but I'm sure that it will be out in 08.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:52 AM   #8
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
i think it will be release early 08
Old 09-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
"early '08"...(shaking head "nope".)

It's a pretty sure bet it'll be late '08. I'll be visiting the dealer where I ordered the SS from next week to see what further information I can find out.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #10
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
My guess is that we will know definitively when they show what will hopefully be the production protoype at SEMA. Can't wait to see it!
Old 09-03-2006, 01:18 AM   #11
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Who knows? Maybe they will do some changes to it in order to better represent a true production model. They have the blueprints to work off of. Keep showing the silver concept. In they meantime (10 months), they get the production version set up. That's plenty enough time to put together a vehicle that would better represent a true production model. If not, they're sure to release some new info on engines, options, etc.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:17 AM   #12
$anani

it's just way to early to know any strong information on the camaro. i think its just to early to be wasting ur time on trying to found out when to get on the list this will be my first new car and camaro for me.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by $anani View Post
it's just way to early to know any strong information on the camaro. i think its just to early to be wasting ur time on trying to found out when to get on the list this will be my first new car and camaro for me.
Come on now, $anani! I will agree that yes, it is a bit early to get any strong info on the Camaro. GM will most likely continue giving us bits and pieces (hopefully some more at SEMA). However, it's NEVER too ealry to try and figure out when to get on "THE LIST" at your local dealer. Remember that saying that goes, "the early bird gets the worm"? Well, I know that I won't be stuck at the end of the line saying, "boy, I wish I woulda just tried to give'em a call" while everyone else is out and about in the new Camaro. I'm keeping in touch w/ my dealer(s) and when I get info, I'm letting ya'll in on it.
I am happy to hear this'll be your first new car and even better....it's gonna be the Camaro. Once you get into a Camaro, you get hooked. I could have bought a brand new car when my 02 Z28 was totalled. But, what did I do? I flew up to Iowa from San Antonio to pick up my SS. There's nothing like it. I just hope I can figure it out financially to where I can keep my SS w/out having to sell it to afford the new Camaro. Now that would be sweet.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:07 AM   #14
$anani

i see it. u been on a list before? im going to see what my local chevy dealers say on the camaro. i let u know. i just hate it not getting any info running around but i take ur advice on it. i own a 99 chevy s10 now and soon be paid of f. so i be starting my savings.

Closed Thread