Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Steffen

Drives: Ford Edge
HELP PLS: decision in 2 days: 2SS RS vs 2LT RS

Hi again,

please (P L E A S E) help me with this damn hard decision:

On Monday, I got to decide between these two offers:

1) Victory Red 2SS convertible
- used one, 1400 miles from 2013 (!)
- RS package
- grey leather interior
==> $ 35.800 (plus tax, plus registration etc.)

2) Summit White 2LT convertible
- new one, 0 miles from 2014 (!)
- RS package
- beige leather interior
==> $ 33.900 (plus tax, plus registration, etc.)
==> $ 6.000 incentives included (3000 dealer, 2000 GM, 1000 private offer)

To do if I go for option...:

1) …2SS... It comes with black stripes. I got to remove them (possible, right?)
2) ….2LT... I would want to install the NPP (dual mode exhaust)

Damn hard choice!!!!

- I like both colors but I prefer white
- I'd love to have the 2SS, but I would be ok with 2LT as well (In Germany I could make use of the 2SS (highways are partly unlimited there..), but here in US doesn't matter so much. I'd like to stay legal and the 2SS is bad tempting..)
- I would remove the stripes on the 2SS. No go for stripes!
- On the 2LT I had to add the NPP (dual mode exhaust) in order to get decent sound.

Both rides are waiting in the Chicago area. Deals and offers are agreed by written mail commitment. I got to decide for Monday evening - must cancel one appointment with one dealership.

YOU tell ME, which appointment to cancel…

Last edited by Steffen; 05-31-2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo
Steffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #2
Steffen

One more thing:

the 2SS was waiting at the dealership since Jan. 2014 !!! Dealer got it from an auction from Florida!

According to CarFax, there is no accident, the 1400 miles only are for real and everything seems to be good.

BUT: why they didn't sell the car during the last 5 months then???
Old 06-01-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
SS hands down if everything checks out with it.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #4
chuckstacamaro

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS BRM Purchase 03/19/2014
2SS/RS. You will want to upgrade later if you get the 2LT, so better off with 2SS/RS from the start. I bought a 2010 LS in 2009 and upgraded to the 2SS/RS this past march which is a lot more fun to drive and besides the Gas Mileage difference is not that drastic as long as you don't hammer the pedal all the time on the SS/RS. I only lost 4 MPGs.
chuckstacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
SS!
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 PM   #6
Steffen

It was a damn hard decision to take, but since today I'm a proud owner of a Summit White 2LT RS.

Why not the 2SS RS?

- I don't like red so much (after checking colors the whole weekend).
- I don't like stripes at all (would have to take them off of the 2SS!)
- The interior was not in the color I wanted
- More gas (more fun for sure, but more gas… )
- Higher insurance (I don't have a driver history in the USA. Once I got one, insurance might be ok for a 2SS as well…)
- Front of the 2014 models is definitely hotter than the previous versions...

The summit white 2LT RS convertible, in the other hand, came EXACTLY in the way I wanted to have it!! White, blue interior (awesome combination..!), RS package and NPP (!!!!).

I love it. It's not fast. I know it. But it's fun to cruise around and to be good with gas prices (Detroit area, MI: $ 3.96 for 87 octane in Novi yesterday!!!!) as well as to be good with insurance prices.

I got $6.300 discount under MSRP.

I'm more than happy.

Last edited by Steffen; 06-02-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-03-2014, 01:00 PM   #7
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
congrats my dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
It was a damn hard decision to take, but since today I'm a proud owner of a Summit White 2LT RS.

Why not the 2SS RS?

- I don't like red so much (after checking colors the whole weekend).
- I don't like stripes at all (would have to take them off of the 2SS!)
- The interior was not in the color I wanted
- More gas (more fun for sure, but more gas… )
- Higher insurance (I don't have a driver history in the USA. Once I got one, insurance might be ok for a 2SS as well…)
- Front of the 2014 models is definitely hotter than the previous versions...

The summit white 2LT RS convertible, in the other hand, came EXACTLY in the way I wanted to have it!! White, blue interior (awesome combination..!), RS package and NPP (!!!!).

I love it. It's not fast. I know it. But it's fun to cruise around and to be good with gas prices (Detroit area, MI: $ 3.96 for 87 octane in Novi yesterday!!!!) as well as to be good with insurance prices.

I got $6.300 discount under MSRP.

I'm more than happy.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
DwRed1LTV6

Drives: '11 VR 2LT HHr
Congrats on the 2LT/Vert RS

DwRed1LTV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #9
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Get the SS!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Or nevermind lol!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 PM   #11
Steffen

Damn! This car is so awesome, I can't even await in the morning to get into the car and drive to work. In the evenings I go a hell of a detour around just to ride this supreme and super intense car!!!

Unbelievable HOW much car Chevrolet is giving us for the money!!! I repeat from above: i know it's not really a fast ride (unless like the SS), but c'mon and let's see the whole picture! The modern V6's are not slow at all! And the overall impression and sensation to ride down the streets consists of much more than HP and torque. Sure, 10 years ago I would probably bought the V8 and hang around in the cities at the traffic signs… but WTF?!? I enjoy driving this car much more than ANY car I ever had before in Germany (Honda CRX's, Toyota Celica, BMW !).

I'm telling you guys, it's hard to get out of this car. PURE emotion and fun! Chevrolet delivered 110%!!!

I just moved to the USA, now having this car. I love my life and I love this car. And the love story with that amazing Camaro just has begun…

Different story but all came together today: I could pick up this fantastic Camaro today. It's my first new bought car ever. I got awarded and promoted at work.

Only downside: on Friday this week, my girlfriend comes back to town and she's gonna kill me for the Camaro! She hates it, by the deep of her heart. Didn't give any kind of comment the past days like "what color?", "when did you pick it up?" etc…
I hope it doesn't turn out that the Camaro was the trade out for my girlfriend.

Life's insane…
Old 06-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #12
Scarlet14

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Crystal Red Convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
Damn! This car is so awesome, I can't even await in the morning to get into the car and drive to work. In the evenings I go a hell of a detour around just to ride this supreme and super intense car!!!

Unbelievable HOW much car Chevrolet is giving us for the money!!! I repeat from above: i know it's not really a fast ride (unless like the SS), but c'mon and let's see the whole picture! The modern V6's are not slow at all! And the overall impression and sensation to ride down the streets consists of much more than HP and torque. Sure, 10 years ago I would probably bought the V8 and hang around in the cities at the traffic signs… but WTF?!? I enjoy driving this car much more than ANY car I ever had before in Germany (Honda CRX's, Toyota Celica, BMW !).

I'm telling you guys, it's hard to get out of this car. PURE emotion and fun! Chevrolet delivered 110%!!!

I just moved to the USA, now having this car. I love my life and I love this car. And the love story with that amazing Camaro just has begun…

Different story but all came together today: I could pick up this fantastic Camaro today. It's my first new bought car ever. I got awarded and promoted at work.

Only downside: on Friday this week, my girlfriend comes back to town and she's gonna kill me for the Camaro! She hates it, by the deep of her heart. Didn't give any kind of comment the past days like "what color?", "when did you pick it up?" etc…
I hope it doesn't turn out that the Camaro was the trade out for my girlfriend.

Life's insane…

Something tells me your girlfriend will learn to love it. All we need now is a picture of your beauty (you can also let your girlfriend be in it if you must!)

Congrats on all the great things happening in your life.
Scarlet14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2lt, 2ss, camaro, offer