Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Help Needed

My fiancee just got a call from her dealer this morning, her car is being built today and she had originally ordered Cyber gray metallic. She doesn't know what to do because she really wants that color but also really wants the car. She is basically torn with what to do. I have tried getting in touch with FBodfather to see if he had any more info on the constraint but haven't heard back from him yet. Personally I would wait and let the dealer send another car in his allocation in front of hers, but this isn't my decision to make. I also don't want her to tell him she will wait on Cyber gray metallic just to find out that she'll be waiting for another two months for her color. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
She needs to get the color she wants, its her car, her payments, and true happiness only happens when you get what you want. I am waiting on CGM too...
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
yesno20102ssblack

Drives: 2011 2SS Camaro Red
Hello
If she wants a car anytime soon she really should go to a 2nd color choice

Richard
yesno20102ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
She needs to get the color she wants, its her car, her payments, and true happiness only happens when you get what you want. I am waiting on CGM too...

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

that is what i told her, she isn't gonna be happy with any other color. Especially when she sees the CGM camaro on the road while she is driving another color.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #6
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Wait for CGM. It'll be on constraint for less than 4 weeks. It'll be worth it.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldgoal00 View Post
that is what i told her, she isn't gonna be happy with any other color. Especially when she sees the CGM camaro on the road while she is driving another color.
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Remind her that a 2 month wait gets her a car she will probably own for many years. What's the point of rushing into something now, knowing that in a year you'll be looking out the window trying to figure out what kind of loss will be acceptable because you're sick of that damn silver/red/blue and wish you had CGM?
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Actually she is calling right now to cancel her order. GM really screwed up, how can a major car manufacturer take so long to make a car in a certain color. If they knew this was going to be a problem they should not have offered the car to begin with in this color, or at least announced, like the summit white, that it would not be available till the summer time or later. What is the point of pre-ordering a car when you are not going to take delivery of it until a month or two prior to it showing up around dealerships for sale to the general public. Like I told her, she's not going to be happy when she sees camaros driving around on the street while she waits at least 4 weeks for her color, and she also would not have been happy if she ordered one in another color just to see the actual color she wanted a few months later. It's a lose-lose situation and I think GM really failed this time, they made such a big hype about this car and then they can't even come through for loyal camaro fans that have pre-ordered this car months in advance.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Good thigns come to those who wait.

BTW, my guess on the CGM date has come and gone. :(

I said March 17th.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldgoal00 View Post
Actually she is calling right now to cancel her order. GM really screwed up, how can a major car manufacturer take so long to make a car in a certain color. If they knew this was going to be a problem they should not have offered the car to begin with in this color, or at least announced, like the summit white, that it would not be available till the summer time or later. What is the point of pre-ordering a car when you are not going to take delivery of it until a month or two prior to it showing up around dealerships for sale to the general public. Like I told her, she's not going to be happy when she sees camaros driving around on the street while she waits at least 4 weeks for her color, and she also would not have been happy if she ordered one in another color just to see the actual color she wanted a few months later. It's a lose-lose situation and I think GM really failed this time, they made such a big hype about this car and then they can't even come through for loyal camaro fans that have pre-ordered this car months in advance.
Canceling over 1 or 2 months.

Dude, she didn't really like this car as much as she let on. Hope she treets your future marriage better than that. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Also, sorry to send another post, this information about not knowing a definite time frame as to when the color will be taken off of constraint is total BS. Someone at GM has to know the exact time frame when this will be taken off of constraint, and I feel like we are just having our strings pulled around like puppets. Does GM think they are keeping customers happy with all these unannounced changes and dates that change? Why can't we be just told the truth from the beginning about things and then people can make rational decisions based off of general knowledge. FBodFather, your input would be appreciated as to why we can never get a definite date from GM, last time I messaged you, you said it would be a two week delay, now my dealer is saying a 4 week delay. What is so hard about adding a different color paint to the lineup?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
Joe Remi

Drives: '17 Impala V6 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Canceling over 1 or 2 months.

Dude, she didn't really like this car as much as she let on.
It sounds like she'll be fine waiting for cars to hit the lots and deciding what she really wants then. Something tells me the inability to get it RIGHT NOW has caused her to rethink the whole thing. Not necessarily a bad thing.
Joe Remi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

She needs it right now b/c she doesn't have another car to drive her other car was totaled last month.