Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 AM   #57
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez333 View Post
exactly. People get excited about the "v8" - it has mystique. When people ask that, they're not trying to diss you - they just want to share in that mystique. Acting like a douche and making fun of their Civic or minivan just makes one look very shallow.
It's because the SS has an aggressive stance to it that the V6 doesn't (as much so), the angrier looking front fascia, the rumble of a V8. There are so many people that associate V6 with women and I mean sure for the most part it maybe true, but there are also a lot of people on this forum that it doesn't.

Also to the OP, as BLIZZPAT said it's the attitude, it's like when I pull up to someone in a base model BMW, it's as if they think buying a BMW instantly means they have the worlds best car. It's not the brand, it's the model and trim. I have nothing but respect for anyone that has a Camaro LT, SS or otherwise. It's the mentality that regardless of which model you bought you are king of the road and it's just not true. People on this forum are going to be more respectful to you (for the most part) people in passing are not going to show you the kind of respect that the SS command's.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 AM   #58
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post

And in all cases anyone who has ever said anything negative about my car was always driving a POS so anything they say is not valid to me.
i am not sure i really agree with you though. you act like just because the person doesn't have a decent car there opinion doesn't matter. good or bad i take peoples comments. and they all count. sure some of the comments might be jealousy, but some might be negative and true at the same time. but people also think that if its negative the guy is "trolling" or its pure jealousy. which is not always the case.

just because i didn't buy a 150k lambo i cant tell the owner i like the green color better than the black? or why didnt you get the murcielago

maybe some of the people who bash the v6 think the car is a waste of money, and if they had the money they would get something faster or something like that.

plus i would rather bash some body with more than i have, other wise i would feel be bad.

Last edited by mikeSS; 05-31-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #59
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
It's because the SS has an aggressive stance to it that the V6 doesn't (as much so), the angrier looking front fascia, the rumble of a V8. There are so many people that associate V6 with women and I mean sure for the most part it maybe true, but there are also a lot of people on this forum that it doesn't.

Also to the OP, as BLIZZPAT said it's the attitude, it's like when I pull up to someone in a base model BMW, it's as if they think buying a BMW instantly means they have the worlds best car. It's not the brand, it's the model and trim. I have nothing but respect for anyone that has a Camaro LT, SS or otherwise. It's the mentality that regardless of which model you bought you are king of the road and it's just not true. People on this forum are going to be more respectful to you (for the most part) people in passing are not going to show you the kind of respect that the SS command's.
well said. i know what you mean by people buying a base car and thinking they have the best car. like some BMW owners. think just because its a BMW its fast. well really thats not the case.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:05 AM   #60
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i am not sure i really agree with you though. you act like just because the person doesn't have a decent car there opinion doesn't matter. good or bad i take peoples comments. and they all count. sure some of the comments might be jealousy, but some might be negative and true at the same time. but people also think that if its negative the guy is "trolling" or its pure jealousy. which is not always the case.

just because i didn't buy a 150k lambo i cant tell the owner i like the green color better than the black? or why didnt you get the murcielago

maybe some of the people who bash the v6 think the car is a waste of money, and if they had the money they would get something faster or something like that.
Exactly. Some people are really just too uptight.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #61
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Exactly. Some people are really just too uptight.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:29 AM   #62
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post

plus i would rather bash some body with more than i have, other wise i would feel be bad.
I agree with you but I gurantee you the guy with the v6 didnt go asking the guy with the pos car why he doesnt buy himself a decent car. Just my 2cent
Old 05-31-2011, 02:31 AM   #63
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I think the better question is why are SOME people who bought sixers so insecure? You must be self conscience or have insecurities about not having a v8 or it wouldnt bother if other people made comments about it.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:36 AM   #64
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
I think the better question is why are SOME people who bought sixers so insecure? You must be self conscience or have insecurities about not having a v8 or it wouldnt bother if other people made comments about it.
There must be something up or there wouldn't be a new thread every other day.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:37 AM   #65
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
In a way your right the OP does sound kind of lame in his initial thread.Theres no reason why anyone should feel self consience about this Im sure everybody has there own reason on buying the car of THEIR CHOICE.

Last edited by Allan Hernandez; 05-31-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 AM   #66
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
It's late...

Devil's advocate, does anyone really care what others think about their car?

Other than someone getting bent out of shape enough to cause harm to me, my family or my car, I could care less what others think.

Are they signing your checks, putting a roof over your head or food in your stomach?

Don't let others opinions ruin your day.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #67
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
What dont you get about it a 2lt guy can tell you the same thing why are we gonna pay around the same for a simple SS when I can own a 2lt that looks way better.

You see not everybody bought there car to go to the track.I was 18 when i bought mine it was my first new car and didnt see the point with getting the v8 sense insurance and just flat out keeping up with the v8 maintainace wise was money I didnt want to worry about in the future.

wow you're telling me a v6 doesnt need maintenance? or the two extra spark plugs will break bank? also saying a lt car looks better than a ss is kinda stupid.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:58 AM   #68
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The IOM Ninja View Post
There must be something up or there wouldn't be a new thread every other day.
honestly it never ends. and the same comments get said.
-its got over 300HP
-what do you drive?
-its got more HP than a 30 year old v8 engine.

we say something like this

you car is nice, and you shouldn't care what people think. they are probably just jealous. ..... every week the same thing.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #69
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAwheelman View Post
wow you're telling me a v6 doesnt need maintenance? or the two extra spark plugs will break bank? also saying a lt car looks better than a ss is kinda stupid.
Well i never said the v6 didnt need maintenance its obvious every car does am I rite? but im sure it takes a bit more $ to keep up with a v8..

Why is kind of stupid because it has a diffrent motor? Appearence wise it doesnt have any diffrences but now if someone does a couple of cosmetic mods on there 2lt and make it look unique and nice is it not fair to say that a 2lt can look better then an SS?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 AM   #70
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Footnote: 436hp (ss) in a 3800lb car is not fast. Your V6 has over 100 less. It's kind of like that, do you expect people to be impressed, or...?

Closed Thread