Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-02-2011, 11:56 PM   #43
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
So wait. You'd get beat by a v6 camaro?! Then you did a fuse reset and you gained less than 20hp and now you spank v6's. Wow.

Btw, I'm just giving you a hard time! Lol
The 20HP is peak gain, you pick up allot more than that on the low end of the curve with the pull.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #44
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
Well mine runs pretty strong. Vararam, tune and throttle body. If it's 95 degrees outside, it does not spin. If it's 85 degrees outside, it will spin. I guess the combination if the concrete and tires being so hot and the air thinner it loses some power but gains traction. If you didn't know, the pirelli has a 200 tread wear and a nitro drag radial has a 100 tread wear. So the pirelli's hook up pretty good for a stock tire. A normal passenger tire is usually rated around 400 plus tread wear, so i think you get the picture. Some roads hook better than others also.
Unless your car has been tuned the stock tables have the car massively start pulling timming at 88 degree air intake temp readings. It will start pulling before that but at 88 degrees the timing pulling is nuts.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #45
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
YEa Im sorry for my L99 too...
Gonna be beat on....I can lay rubber for blocks..

Yes our poor L99's just not puttin down the power .
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #46
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
My 2lt/rs auto burns tire just fine i dont see how your SS wouldnt
Allan Hernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #47
69camaro6speed

Drives: 69camaro6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwall1181 View Post
Hey guys... Well, I tried the fuse pull twice already with no success !! Both times I left the 5 & 20 fuses out over night, put them back in in the morning and no change at all! I am scheduled to take it back to the dealer Tuesday. They better fix it or they can keep the piece of shit !! Ill post back with what the outcome is. JCL-2SS, you said the 5 & 10 fuses... did you mean the 5 & 20 or am I doing it wrong ?!?
Ok, I been building and tuning race engines for over 20 years with 3 engine masters challenge wins (with B.E.S racing engines )just little info on me.
I have a new 2010ss2/rs was going to leave it stock for a while.so our local track has been doing a cool cruse-street car heads up drive it in arm drop with no times on the board.
I go down to make couple runs and bring my efilive to scan it (leave my laptop at home so I don't talk my self into tuning it wanting to leave it stock)
Its hot out first big problem second gms tune for doing a burn out in a heat soaked with car with 3000 D.A. BAD Idea.I had a heck of a time getting tires to spin with very little water.
The car would fall on its face.Could not get it to move off the line the same every time.so I get home down load my logs and WOW There we have it. under this condition you can do the fuse pull all day long its still going to strugle
ok 219 degs coolant,129degs air temp,weather so bad the corrected hp is probly 330 75%throttle its still closed loop 14.68 afr puts it into detenation bad -10 degs total timing with 14.68afr car sounds like its on a 2 step at this point its making 150 hp?idk you cant lug a engine that hard with this condition.

If I was in better d.a.(direct altitude),cooler water temp,cooler air temps,change the power enrichment setting (do a tune)that will all help.

when you have all that going against you it goes into detenation done no power

I can fix it with tuning I am sure but cold air intake, 160 deg thermostat,lower fan setting would be a big help.

I will do a tune first then see how much better it helps, 14.68 afr with 75%throttle full load is crazy then throw all the tempatures on top of it omg

That being said gm is in a gas milage box they do that for the happy foot guy whos on and off the gas they didnt think about the burn out guy or drag racers.They need to add a table for pe delay vs air and coolant temp bypass simple fix.
69camaro6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #48
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
Yea Im hyped just left the gym!

lol'd
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #49
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985airborne View Post
Yea Im hyped just left the gym!
P O W E R B A R ... ! !

JASON
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #50
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Those Pirellis are about $200 each, btw. Just saying.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 AM   #51
cybergrayls3

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs..m6..CGM
Dude put a stall in your car.. maybe like 34-3600 rpm...you will be posting on here trying to get it to stop spinning! Even on drag radials it will spin hard
-CAI cold air intake (black)/Apex scoop
-LSR shifter
-Rick Crawford intake manifold
-Monster level 3 clutch
cybergrayls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
detroitjohnny

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 and many more
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camaro6speed View Post
Ok, I been building and tuning race engines for over 20 years with 3 engine masters challenge wins (with B.E.S racing engines )just little info on me.
I have a new 2010ss2/rs was going to leave it stock for a while.so our local track has been doing a cool cruse-street car heads up drive it in arm drop with no times on the board.
I go down to make couple runs and bring my efilive to scan it (leave my laptop at home so I don't talk my self into tuning it wanting to leave it stock)
Its hot out first big problem second gms tune for doing a burn out in a heat soaked with car with 3000 D.A. BAD Idea.I had a heck of a time getting tires to spin with very little water.
The car would fall on its face.Could not get it to move off the line the same every time.so I get home down load my logs and WOW There we have it. under this condition you can do the fuse pull all day long its still going to strugle
ok 219 degs coolant,129degs air temp,weather so bad the corrected hp is probly 330 75%throttle its still closed loop 14.68 afr puts it into detenation bad -10 degs total timing with 14.68afr car sounds like its on a 2 step at this point its making 150 hp?idk you cant lug a engine that hard with this condition.

If I was in better d.a.(direct altitude),cooler water temp,cooler air temps,change the power enrichment setting (do a tune)that will all help.

I can fix it with tuning I am sure but cold air intake, 160 deg thermostat,lower fan setting would be a big help.

I will do a tune first then see how much better it helps, 14.68 afr with 75%throttle full load is crazy then throw all the tempatures on top of it omg

That being said gm is in a gas milage box they do that for the happy foot guy whos on and off the gas they didnt think about the burn out guy or drag racers.They need to add a table for pe delay vs air and coolant temp bypass simple fix.
WOW!! THAT is interesting and usefull information. Thanks a bunch. Gives us all a better idea of whats going on in there.
detroitjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #53
sinister55

Drives: 2006 mazda cx-7, 2005 C55 AMG, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor626 View Post
Well first off you don't have 420hp, but rather 400. Secondly, you're gonna need a lot more power if you're intent on lighting up the tires. It may very much also be that you need to perform a fuse pull, see the L99/LS3 stickies to understand what I'm on about.
Actually the 400 lbs of torque is what really matters, and just traction off and sport mode can let a burnout happen.
sinister55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:08 AM   #54
iMONEY

Drives: RS 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
Turn off TC/SC.
Press firmly on brake.
Continue to press firmly on brake while simultaneously pressing firmly on accelerator pedal.
Change tires.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 AM   #55
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camaro6speed View Post

Wow, that was hard to read. Are you by any chance related to Nightfall? j/k. I've given Nightfall too much grief.

Nightfall, I apologise. You're a good kid. Back in Black, brother
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #56
goatslapper
12.527@112.33 MPH

Drives: 2010 black ss/rs cgm stripes
Fuse pull,c.a.i.,93 sunoco,
Priceless

goatslapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, burnout