Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
OMG I HATE PEOPLE!

Hopefully they catch those scum suckers!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
scottyvegas
X SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRSM6 1988 Sportside
SUCKS
MODS: PEDDERS XA COIL OVERS, STAGE 3 CAM, McLEOD CLUTCH, SKIP SHIFT, , HURST SHORT THROW, CAI INTAKE, SCOOP, WASHER RELO KIT, KOOKS HEADERS, KOOKS HI FLOW CATS, CUSTOM TUNE, QTP CUT OUTS, PAINTED STRIPES, PAINTED SS EMBLEMS, PAINTED FIN, PAINTED REAR TAIL LAMP BEZELS, HERITAGE GRILLE, DUCTS, AAC STUFF, BAER ROTORS, HAWK PADS, FUZZY DICE, LASER BEAMS, DISCO BALL, SYBIAN & 3 CHROME VALVE STEM CAPS................
scottyvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Lunatic

Drives: 80 Camaro Z28
Damn, hope everything gets better for you and your family. Sounds like one of the worst days, crazy.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #32
DallasMaroLover

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
wtf is wrong with people?! sometimes i seriously wonder but then I see good people and regain hope in the human race.
I dont know how you dealth with that man, that sounds like a night from hell. Hope you got everything that was taken compensated for! Sorry to hear this, having something stolen is the worst feeling ever
Some peeps suck, but you're right, there are still a few good people out there. The night sucked, but I am very positive and tried to keep my wife and daughter calm cause they were freaked since they had our address.

I appreciate it!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #33
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble! I hope they catch those bastards

And I hear you on the half assed dealership repairs. Same happened to my truck after a fender bender a year or two ago. Some dealerships you pretty much have to threaten to make them do their job. It's bullsh*t.
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:56 PM   #34
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by olblue75 View Post
At least you wasnt in the car and the ****tards werent brazen enough to jack you with your family in the car, where someone could have gotten seriously hurt. Car can be easily fixed or replaced anytime a busted up or dead family member cant be fixed or replaced as easy.
I agree!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #35
archtaan

Drives: car
Sorry to see that happen to your car. Hopefully those prints are the thugs that broke into your car and you can get some restitution.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #36
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBattery View Post
I know there are aftermarket solutions, possibly maybe even a mod to the existing alarm system... but would a glass break sensor have prevented them from stealing anything inside the car?
Probably not. These A-holes were determined. Mine was one of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus1dab View Post
If it's one thing I really hate.........it's a thief. Sorry man, hope they can fix you up just like new.
Me too!! You work hard for your things and fools just think they can take it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwestofash View Post
I'm sorry for all that happened to you over the past couple of months. I fortunately have never had to deal with that and i never hope to. However, i'm glad you got that dealer straightened out, I hope the issues are finally resolving, and do not fear Justice is not out runnable.
Thanks!!! Life is still good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteman View Post
they never catch car thieves from prints. i can't believe they actually pulled them. car theft is only a misdemeanor in texas, and you're out of jail the next day. it takes 3 counts of car theft for it to become a felony. it's a simple law to break if you want to break one with very few consequences. i think the misdemeanor gets stepped up if the merchandise stolen from the car is over a certain value though.

was there anything in your car they saw and wanted? i couldn't tell from your post if you got your wallet out before they broke in or if you left it there during the concert.

FWIW, i've had two camaros broken into. one time they saw a faceplateless cd player and stole it, and the other time they saw a used alternator (broken) in the back seat. they found $3,000 worth of stereo equipment in the trunk once inside the second car. i learned the hard way every SINGLE THING inside your car that is not stock needs to be hidden or removed. it never fails you'll be spotted by the one crook who thinks 3 pennies is worth shattering a window for; a lot of time they think 3 pennies in the cupholder means $20 in the glove box.

I knew it would be a slim chance to catch them but I'd rather inconvenience them even with 1 night of jail and some type of fee than to not do anything.

I don't think he meant it in a racist manner, but just was trying to point out some people doing this type of crime.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #37
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your trouble! I hope they catch those bastards

And I hear you on the half assed dealership repairs. Same happened to my truck after a fender bender a year or two ago. Some dealerships you pretty much have to threaten to make them do their job. It's bullsh*t.
I agree. I just hope they get some type of punishment.

I hate dealerships!
Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 PM   #38
silvy

Drives: Corvette
If I was on a jury and you were on trial for shooting and killing someone who was breaking into your car, I wouldn't vote to convict.
silvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #39
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Omg I almost cried when I saw the pictures. Especially how they ruined the beautiful Inferno Orange paint. I hope the pieces of crap that did it get whats coming to them ten fold. Glad to hear though that everything worked out with getting her all fixed up in the end.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #40
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
sorry to hear of all this. What a pain in the rectum.

I am very very leery of where/when to ever park my new ZL1 when I get it. It's going to be very hard bcuz even in the safest spots, there is always someone who wants to cause pain..... Grrrrrr
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 PM   #41
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Man, so sorry to hear about your ride... makes you just wanna be sitting there watching your car at all times. waiting.. Then and whoop till the get there.. then let the do their jobs..

Sucks buddy.. Didn't you have a Rolex in your center console? Also a new Maggie sitting in the front seat waiting to be installed? LOL
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok.

Thread cleaned up.

No more remarks about race, etc or there will be no friendly warnings. I will hand out infractions. DONE.

With that said, .....

I take at least 3 burglary of vehicles a week. I took two yesterday. Usually when there is one, there are a few more. Some people just don't like to report them because they don't have the insurance to cover their loss, don't have the time, aren't worried about what was taken, etc etc...

But, the simple fact is this.

There are hundreds of burglaries of vehicles that go on each and every day in our cities. HUNDREDS. It's not "one group" of people who do them all. It's group after group after group...some are crimes of opportunity as well. All it takes is for one ... "not bad person" to see a purse sitting on the floor board of a vehicle and think...."damn, it sure it rough paying the bills this month. That might have cash in it....jewelry....a credit card where I can fill up my tank...hell, they have insurance and the bank will refund the money charged and taken anyway."

PEOPLE.....

THIEVES DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

This is their lively hood. This is their JOB. They break into cars and don't give two shits about the damage to your car, the fact that you are worried your identity might be stolen, the fact that you just lost hundreds of dollars in repairs. They will do it for anything from a cell phone in the center console, to a back pack on the floor board, to a towel which appears to be covering up something that "we" don't want the criminal to see.

Here's the bottom line....coming from an officer who takes these reports all the darn time.....

If you leave it in your car, your car is probably going to get broken into.

I've taken hundreds of vehicle burglary reports and it's always....ALWAYS the same.

"But I never thought it would happen to me."

That's right folks...go ahead and keep leaving your purse, your laptop, back pack, all of your most personal valuable items in your car and I promise you, it only takes time. It will happen. That goes for leaving the GPS on the windshield, the radar detectors, etc as well..

OP, I'm not trying to rip on you at all. Not at all. And I can say it....since it's happened to me. I know where you are coming from. I had a truck get broken into for the stereo system and the same truck stolen. I did it too... But, I learned.

Before I end, let make one example...

Would you leave several thousand dollars in cash on your front seat or floor board?....with only a piece of glass between you an the outside world? Probably not. That's what a criminal sees when they see a purse, a back pack, a lap top bag....etc.

Remember, it's a piece of glass. That ain't crap.

Be smart. Take it with you or don't take it at all.

And if you must take it in the car and leave it when you go somewhere to get out of the car, put it in the trunk before you get where you are going. Don't get out of the car and then put it in the trunk. You might as well advertise to the world where your goodies are. Then, it's a drivers side window and a simple button on the drivers side door. Or you just fold the seat down. How hard is that?

No, nothing is safe....remember that.

OP, again, I mean NO disrespect and am sorry your car got broken into. Again, it's happened to me. But, I hope some of the words typed here might save a few people from major headaches...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote