Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-20-2011, 08:44 AM   #57
DallasMaroLover

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
Tag is right. You give a thief a reason to break into your car by leaving out items they would want to steal. Your car may have very well been spared damage if they had no purse to go after.

Another thing to also think about- taking your prized Camaro to a concert. Not me- no way. Same with football games, etc. Thieves know how long you will be gone.

It is unforutnate, but it is the world we live in.
You're right about taking it to a concert. I never take her to places like that but as a damn coincidence, my wife's Altima had a flat tire that freaking day. I remember telling my wife, "I don't want to take the beast but I have no time to repair your car." Sucks cause this was the 1st time I had taken it to any event. Never again!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #58
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm0666 View Post
What did you do to deserve all of that in few days?
THROW STONES AT GOD, FIRED ON HIM WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER???

What a rotten luck. You better sell your car, stay in your home and don't go anywhere. Be careful passing under chandeliers, avoid electrical appliances, take extra precaution when going out from bathtub.
And hope for a change of luck.
This year it has felt like I might've done these things. It has been one thing after the other.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #59
DallasMaroLover

Everyone is right. The purse should've never been in the car. Again, it's the 1st time I had taken it to the concert and the first time my wife doesn't take her purse with her. She feels terrible and responsible and continues apologizing. It's all good. It happend and they're ok. Now we always remember to not leave valuables in it after a hard lesson.

Thank you all for your words and advice. Many people are just plain horrible human beings but we must push ourselves to remember that we still have good people in the world. It's hard to believe it but they're there. Just look at u guys!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705

They will eventually get what they deserve. That's how you have to look at it. And your car will be fixed, her property be replaced.

It's funny....even with all these stories...and all the reports we take. Officers still leave their guns and BF jackets in their cars when they go somewhere. What happens? Yup. Then we, the other officers, look at them like, 'you ********s!!!...." because they should know better. They take the reports all the time. But, they do it anyway. Those are the people I want to slap upside the head.... Sure, just give the bad guys your radios, your guns, your bullet proof vests....you won't need them!

I could go on and on about all the people I've taken reports for...shotguns, AR15's, the swat team from out of town that had all their competition guns stolen from their rental van.... Ugh...it goes on and on...

But one thing remains true. If you leave it, expect it to be gone. If you have to leave it, put it in your trunk BEFORE you get there.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #61
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Thats all ****ed up!!! I believe a thief hand should be taken for stealing peples hard earned property!!! I hope the ****er gets caught and do some time time!!!!
Old 11-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #62
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Sooooooooooo sorry about your baby. Glad it is all better now. I would have been devistated as you were. Just take the lesson learned & never leave anything visable in the car that idiots would want to steal! I get so anxious everytime I have to leave my baby parked anyplace where I can't see it. This is why. Way too many mean people in the world. Enjoy having your baby back.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #63
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31BZ06 View Post
Damn, that sounds like the worst night ever. Between the wallet, the car, the pruse... just plain shitty. Sorry to hear about that
For real!
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #64
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

They will eventually get what they deserve. That's how you have to look at it. And your car will be fixed, her property be replaced.

It's funny....even with all these stories...and all the reports we take. Officers still leave their guns and BF jackets in their cars when they go somewhere. What happens? Yup. Then we, the other officers, look at them like, 'you ********s!!!...." because they should know better. They take the reports all the time. But, they do it anyway. Those are the people I want to slap upside the head.... Sure, just give the bad guys your radios, your guns, your bullet proof vests....you won't need them!

I could go on and on about all the people I've taken reports for...shotguns, AR15's, the swat team from out of town that had all their competition guns stolen from their rental van.... Ugh...it goes on and on...

But one thing remains true. If you leave it, expect it to be gone. If you have to leave it, put it in your trunk BEFORE you get there.
Wow!! You would think cops would know better! I'm gonna control what I can control in the future. Thanks again!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #65
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS

At least they left fingerprints!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #66
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
...the swat team from out of town that had all their competition guns stolen from their rental van...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #67
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Sorry about your car, did the police get a hit on any of the prints?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #68
Madness11
086YN

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Demon of Madness
I had an incident similar to that. I was out with a now ex girlfriend and we were eating a late dinner at ihop after playing pool at a local hall. I had a bad feeling when I parked my motorcycle and put my helmet and backpack in her car. I saw some young looking people that looked about maybe 20 years of age when we were walking into the ihop. They were just lingering in the parking lot and just sitting there by their car. We go inside and I don't think anything about it but I just tried to brush away that gut feeling that something was wrong. We go through dinner and start to head back to the car. We get along side of the car and werent paying attention and we started kissing and getting ready to say goodnight. I look and I said "I can't believe you left your window open." She said no I didn't. I flipped out, I realized then that crunching sound under our feet was the small amount of glass that fell out of the car. The rest of the glass was pushed into the car and they sat in the car and pulled out a walmart special head unit maybe worth $100 and didn't work properly in the first place and my backpack.......I had my checkbook in my backpack because I had to buy a set of tires for the bike earlier that day. I was about to explode. She got on the phone with the police because I couldn't talk right I was so mad. She got off the phone with the police and I get a phone call from my mother....odd timing. She goes ARE YOU OK?!?!?! THE POLICE ARE HERE WITH YOUR BACKPACK AND CHECKBOOK AND I THOUGHT YOU GOT PLOWED OFF THE ROAD AND KIDNAPPED OR SOMETHING!!!!! I said no I am on a date and her car got broken into and they stole my shit! The cops show up and don't do anything except for file a report. They told me the only thing in the backpack was the checkbook. They had thought somebody was sitting dead on the side of the road and that is why they stopped to check it out. No checks were missing. Needless to say I got an ASS CHEWING FROM HELL from my parents when I got home. you dont need to have your checkbook on you in places it can get stolen reh reh reh......I said I had to pay for tires and stuff at the cycle shack earlier and hadn't been home. shit happens.

Crazy that the same night her car was broken into, the cops delivered my checkbook to my house after she got off the phone with the dispatcher.
Madness11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #69
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Sorry to hear your car gotten broken into,I wouldn't want to catch any sucker fooling around with mind or he will be dead meat'

QUOTE=DallasMaroLover;4033297]So I hope everyone is doing great first of all. I haven't been on here in a while cause its been a hectic year which includes my baby getting broken into a couple of months ago. I took my wife and daughter to a concert and everyone thing went down hill. I paid $30 to park in the parking garage directly in front of the American Airlines Center here in Dallas, Texas. Halfway thru the concert I went out to my car cause I noticed I had left my wallet in there accidentally. About 30 minutes later, the stage caught on fire. While we are getting evacuated, my daughter drops this expensive wallet she had just purchased and some bitch ass lady that was in the crowd with us trying to get out picks it up, takes off and disappears!!!!

Now the crazy heart breaking part. We are walking to the garage seeing all the fire trucks and ambulances everywhere taking our time because there is traffic everywhere. As we walk into the garage we notice there are cops talking to people and some are even crying. My wife notices that they got broken into. As we get to my car, mine was one of 5 that was vandalized. My heart just sank!! I take such good care of her and she doesn't even have a single ding, but what I saw was horrible. The assholes took a crowbar or screwdriver all the way around the door and finally ripped out the window. My wife had for the first time ever left her purse on the floor and of course got stolen. ID, credit cards, flex card, my wifes intelli-keys from her vehicle, etc.

This was one of the most stressing incidents I have experienced. The following day CSI wanted to take prints, so I had to meet them in a mall in Dallas since I live in a different city. I waited for 4 hours for them to get there and even had to re-file a police report because they had lost the one I made the previous night.

I thought it would be a good idea to take the vehicle to the dealership to get repaired, but the dealership I took it to couldn't be more incompetent and unprofessional as they were with me. Upon picking up my vehicle 2 weeks later, there was wax all over, the wheel well cover was hanging and not snapped, the plastic molding behind the mirror was broken, the door was still bent, the seal around the door was hanging, big bubble in the paint, and when I got back to work, I noticed the bumper was about to fall off because they forgot to screw it back. Of course when I pointed these things out nicely they acted as if it was no big deal. When not getting anything resolved, I called General Motors and though it took a while, they got it resolved. They fired the guy in the shop, the shop manager and gave me Onstar with navigation free for 2 years. The dealership, Reliable Chevrolet in Richardson, Texas.

I also had to get my wife's car rekeyed due to the bastards having the keys for her keyless car.
She is back to normal and looking amazing, but I knew that some of my fellow Camaro lovers would be able to understand the pain and stress this caused.

Here are some pics[/QUOTE]
Old 11-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #70
DallasMaroLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Sorry about your car, did the police get a hit on any of the prints?
Not yet. Hopefully they get caught for something sometime and justice is done for my baby