Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Hood alignment

Anyone have an issue with the drivers side front corner of the hood sticking up about 1/8" too far?

The bumpers aren't too high, as I can push the corner down to align it. It appears to me as if the front fascia actually needs to come up just a bit in that one spot.

Any ideas?
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Anyone have an issue with the drivers side front corner of the hood sticking up about 1/8" too far?

The bumpers aren't too high, as I can push the corner down to align it. It appears to me as if the front fascia actually needs to come up just a bit in that one spot.

Any ideas?
Evotion,

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
Evotion

Let me start by saying I think it is great that Customer Service is involved here. Even if they don't always give the answers we want to hear, I think it speaks volumes about they effort GM is making to help their customers.

I do have another question though. I am taking my car in tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn to have my hood alignment issue taken care of (hopefully). My local dealer and I don't have the best relationship service dept. wise, my question is this. What are my rights as a customer when they take my car? I really don't trust them alone with my car, and really don't want to let the car out of my sight.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Quote:
Let me start by saying I think it is great that Customer Service is involved here. Even if they don't always give the answers we want to hear, I think it speaks volumes about they effort GM is making to help their customers.

I do have another question though. I am taking my car in tomorrow at the butt crack of dawn to have my hood alignment issue taken care of (hopefully). My local dealer and I don't have the best relationship service dept. wise, my question is this. What are my rights as a customer when they take my car? I really don't trust them alone with my car, and really don't want to let the car out of my sight.
I would go at an other desaler. Warrenty will apply.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I just put the heritage grill on mine and noticed the front fascia was shimmed up to match the hood under 2 of the plastic retainers under the hood on the drivers side...I put them back when I reinstalled the fascia ....perfect fit
Old 08-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #6
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Find another dealer.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
Evotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
I just put the heritage grill on mine and noticed the front fascia was shimmed up to match the hood under 2 of the plastic retainers under the hood on the drivers side...I put them back when I reinstalled the fascia ....perfect fit
Thanks. That's what I kind of figured. Took the car in today, but they have limited personnel on Saturdays. They are having the body shop look at it Tuesday and told me I could hang out and make sure they do it right. I was set to just take care of it myself but wanted to see what the "professionals" said.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Evotion!

We are always happy to help. I am sorry I was unable to post back to you sooner. How did your appointment go? I would suggest that if you feel uncomfortable leaving your vehicle with the service department to start visiting and building a relationship with a different dealership. We want you to feel at ease when you drop off your vehicle! If you would like to send us a private message with your zip code, we can locate another dealership for you in your area.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #9
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:

Any ideas?

Ill agree that the hood seems right, its the fascia that has some issues. Mine lines up with the hood, but doesnt sit 100% right in relation the fender.

Havent tried to fix it yet, but a shim, or simply loosening a bolt, pushing the fascia down, then tightening the bolt may do it.

ITs probably right from the factory, then heat and the weight of the fascia lets the plastic settle.

The ZL1 fascia is especially heavy
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
Evotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Ill agree that the hood seems right, its the fascia that has some issues. Mine lines up with the hood, but doesnt sit 100% right in relation the fender.

Havent tried to fix it yet, but a shim, or simply loosening a bolt, pushing the fascia down, then tightening the bolt may do it.

ITs probably right from the factory, then heat and the weight of the fascia lets the plastic settle.

The ZL1 fascia is especially heavy
Because of my fear of anyone but me touching my car, I played around with it a bit. With some similar shims I was able to get it close. Ran out of time or I may have gotten it perfect.

Biggest concern now though is the amount of shims it took, this weekend I think I will take off the fascia and see if I can get it right without so many shims. I do know that my 69 has a ridiculous amount of fender shims, but I wouldn't expect that from a new car.

Thanks for the input, makes me feel a little better.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Hood alignment

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers

Last edited by Adrian97c; 04-11-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote