Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #155
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Forgot to post the pic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:33 AM   #156
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It's a SUPER car to me and a much better performance bargain compared to what people consider a "supercar".
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #157
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Quote:
Define luxury. I personally think that the way the electronics work in unison in the Camaro is pure luxury and high tech goodness overall. It has one of the best heads up displays on the Market. Maybe BMW is the only manufacturer that compares in that area.

The way the Nav unit talks to the HUD and the lap timers, the precision and dynamic ability of the magnetic ride control interface are next generation stuff that is not found in some of the $400k cars you are mentioning.
Luxury =/= technology, as fancy as it may be. Luxurious interiors do not come in mis-fitting plastic and cheap leather as pointed by another person on this page. So while the ZL1 *may* have some tech pieces that are part of many supercars, that alone does not make it.

Quote:
I'm willing to bet the new ZR1 will run circles around a Lamborghini Aventador and be right there with it in a straight line for 300k less and it is every bit a supercar.
Again, performance alone does not make it a supercar...so just because it beat a supercar does not automatically make it a supercar itself. See my previous example...a 25k foxbody can be setup to destroy an Aventador in a straight line or around a track. And since the Aventador is a supercar, does that mean that a '92 Ford Mustang is also a supercar?
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #158
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
Luxury =/= technology, as fancy as it may be. Luxurious interiors do not come in mis-fitting plastic and cheap leather as pointed by another person on this page. So while the ZL1 *may* have some tech pieces that are part of many supercars, that alone does not make it.

Again, performance alone does not make it a supercar...so just because it beat a supercar does not automatically make it a supercar itself. See my previous example...a 25k foxbody can be setup to destroy an Aventador in a straight line or around a track. And since the Aventador is a supercar, does that mean that a '92 Ford Mustang is also a supercar?
this reminds me of cars that are out to beat the Veyron's top speed. Oh sure, you can do it....but can you do it with air conditioning, leather seats, a radio? i somehow doubt it. any car can be purpose built to out perfrom another car...its HOW it outperforms it that makes it super.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #159
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
Well I have riden in a few Ferrari's, a Lamborghini ( The most uncomfortable car I have ever riden in ), two Porche 911's. I would still rather have my ZL1. If I had enough money to purchase a bugatti.....I would not!
I would however buy a 13' ZR1, 13' COPO, and several older american cars......Oh yea a C7 vette and a C6 Camaro of course!

Last edited by bowtiefamily; 10-17-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Grammer
bowtiefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #160
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
this reminds me of cars that are out to beat the Veyron's top speed. Oh sure, you can do it....but can you do it with air conditioning, leather seats, a radio? i somehow doubt it. any car can be purpose built to out perfrom another car...its HOW it outperforms it that makes it super.

I can't even afford the first oil change on the Veyron, and I think I read somewhere that the first tire change costs like 70K. Ya gotta have Mega Bucks to own one of those babies. Wonder how much it cost to fill the Ten radiators?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #161
blufin

Drives: Fire Engine
No. It's a super car but not a supercar.
Sold
blufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #162
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
No. It's a super car but not a supercar.
winner!

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #163
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Pagani Zonda R!

Here is a video of a super car for reference.

http://youtu.be/9uNw6nTngGA
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #164
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1-V View Post
Here is a video of a super car for reference.]
I shoulda took something for motion sickness first! That thing is Insane!

Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #165
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
Uhh...quoting wiki is like quoting the crackhead down at the corner. Sorry, your wiki definitions are simply made up by someone else. Historically, it is incorrect.
I know Wiki is not a definitive source for anything, but it does make a point of good reference. And, what it defined as a "supercar" makes alot of sense, to me anyway. Very expensive, rare/limited production, elite automakes, etc. If that's not agreeable to a common crowd, I don't know what is.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #166
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
I shoulda took something for motion sickness first! That thing is Insane!

I posted the wrong video, here is the correct one. I recommend high volume settings if possible and no one else is in the room.

ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #167
Normagene

I'm in the wrong business! Took my Crosstrek (daily driver) in for its first oil change and checked out the dealership owners cars. A Ferrari F430, an E Type V12 Jag, I'm guess a 1970-72, and his brand new Vert Bentley! Wow, what a beauty. They also had a 2011 SS with only 5K miles for sale.

Old 10-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #168
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
I had pizza for lunch!