Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 AM   #85
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTCAM View Post
The T -Tap or connectors( see pic 2nd to the last on instalment 2) are the blue things that are clamped to the wires. They are I believe the "female" component. Think of a mouse trap thats opened up. Opened up ... there is a tiny piece of metal which you place your wire that you want to connect to...then you clamp/fold the the blue tap using pliers & they snap shup. The the red wire you see with the the shiny silver colored flat thing @ its tip is the "male" component. You insert the "male" part into the "female part" and the connection is made. The back wires you see are already connected. You can plug or unplug @ will.

To run the wire thru the opening... I use a wire coat hanger, grabbed one end of the connector ,taped it to the wire & snaked it thru
Thanks soo much. Im defintily going to do this mod soon
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #86
CaMuzzy
CaMuzzy77

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS ABM
...do the newly installed ambient lights dim up and down with the door panel lights??? Do they use the same dimmer???
CaMuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 AM   #87
KTCAM
HPE 600

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS w Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95droptopZ View Post
Just a thought, but if you put a dab of black paint on the end of the light tube going to the passenger side, would that help keep the light from fading? In other words, it would not allow the light to go out the end and make it diffuse outward. Just thinking out loud. Great work on the write up!
DO NOT put any black anything on it. it will NOT make it brighter or "redirect" the light. ...also if you use hot glue to hold the tube ...BTW which you do NOT need to ...it will diffuse the light in such a way that when you put it all back together it look like an isolated island of light brighter than the rest of the line of light going down thru the tube
KTCAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #88
KTCAM
HPE 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMuzzy View Post
...do the newly installed ambient lights dim up and down with the door panel lights??? Do they use the same dimmer???
they do not dim that i am are of ..but even so theres not that much light that you need to do that anyway ...remember its a lighting eefect ..not to be interpeted as a source of light when you cant see anthing
Old 09-17-2009, 08:40 AM   #89
KTCAM
HPE 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGen View Post
so hows the drive at night ? tell me its worth it
that like asking me " Was it worth it waiting for 10 months on a pre order of the car, waiting to get my stripes, waiting 2 weeks to get my car back because of the supercharger install, waiting to install the ABL & not being able to drive all that time?........what do you think???????
Old 09-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #90
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
YES
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 AM   #91
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
hummm. I thought it would dim with the door lights since we were using factory connections...
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #92
CmB
OMG Bumblebee!! UM NO!!

Drives: IMO 2SS RS LOADED!
Ok so the question is why run new wiring instead of T Tapping the door lights to gain the benefit of the dimming? I would think this would be easier than figuring out how to get the dimming to work on this mod.

Thoughts?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #93
KTCAM
HPE 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmB View Post
Ok so the question is why run new wiring instead of T Tapping the door lights to gain the benefit of the dimming? I would think this would be easier than figuring out how to get the dimming to work on this mod.

Thoughts?
you could tap into the door lights ...but i dont think the door lights dim either but i could be wrong.... i have not noticed that mine dim....its also easier running a tap from the light from the back of the speedo than taking the door apart
Old 09-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #94
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
The door lights DO dim! Mine do...tapping into those would be the way to go. I'm surprised the existing 2 connectors don't use the same circuit... :(

You shouldn't have to take the door apart - well, I'm going to since the ABL doesn't run to the top of the door - since the wires go INTO the door from under the dash to begin with. Just gotta find where they originate.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #95
KTCAM
HPE 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
The door lights DO dim! Mine do...tapping into those would be the way to go. I'm surprised the existing 2 connectors don't use the same circuit... :(

You shouldn't have to take the door apart - well, I'm going to since the ABL doesn't run to the top of the door - since the wires go INTO the door from under the dash to begin with. Just gotta find where they originate.
Thanks for the info...Yea I agree it would be the way to go if all do the same trick of on/off, dimmimg ect.

Again thanks for headsup since i still haven't put back the speedo in yet
Old 09-17-2009, 12:53 PM   #96
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I can't wait to get my ABL parts...have the tube...but GM needs to hurry up w/ the blue lights!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #97
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
What would happen if you uses the foil tape to cover the whole expanse of the dash where it is hidden by the trim pieces, and the have the rod in fron of it so that it is just reflecting the entire light would this maybe make the whole panel glow?
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:09 PM   #98
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
The plugs in the dash are on the same circuit and everything dims properly.
Driving is fine at night and everyone who has seen mine thinks it came that way and are amazed that it is a mod. Definatly worth the time and money! I would think it would be a pretty daunting mod for someone who does not do this type of work though. I have been in the colllision industry for over 20 yrs and it took me 4 hours to get it right. Not to say it cant be done, its not hard just takes some time and patience.
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote