Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #15
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
I saw a black Challenger today, had to do a double take b/c I thought it was a new Camaro...it was a sweet looking car. Still had plastic wrapping on the front seats.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 AM   #16
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
im not sure that its a good thing so many people mistake them for camaros...
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #17
MaJ

Drives: Chevy Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
im not sure that its a good thing so many people mistake them for camaros...
I don't really understand how anyone could mistake it for a Camaro... who knows?
MaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
You have to admit the body style is very similar.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #19
MaJ

Drives: Chevy Cobalt SS/SC
They only body lines that look the same to me are... the lower grille, fog light location/design, side window overall shape.

Other then those 3 things, I personally don't think they look anything alike. The Challenger has outwardly extruded body panels all the way around. The Camaro is much more cut and refined, with shape angles throughout the body of the car. The rear shoulder line is different, the fender walls are completely different, the hood and trunk lines are extremely different...
MaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #20
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Would'ja take a freakin' look at that?

Chrysler LLC thinks it's Honda.

Honda buyers are accustomed to the "Needless Dealer Mark Up".

Remember when they released the Integra Type R? 195 naturally aspirated horsepower out of 1.8 tiny liters......and an automatic $5,000 added on to the sticker price.

They did the same thing with the current Civic Si. At least in my market. Want a $21,000 Si? Better bring $27,000

Come to think of it, it's not the first time Chrysler dealers did this. I remember hearing about some lady who paid $35,000 for one of the first PT Cruisers.

Man I hope GM dealers don't collectively decide to screw us with their "demand" markup.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #21
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post
Would'ja take a freakin' look at that?

Chrysler LLC thinks it's Honda.

Honda buyers are accustomed to the "Needless Dealer Mark Up".

Remember when they released the Integra Type R? 195 naturally aspirated horsepower out of 1.8 tiny liters......and an automatic $5,000 added on to the sticker price.

They did the same thing with the current Civic Si. At least in my market. Want a $21,000 Si? Better bring $27,000

Come to think of it, it's not the first time Chrysler dealers did this. I remember hearing about some lady who paid $35,000 for one of the first PT Cruisers.

Man I hope GM dealers don't collectively decide to screw us with their "demand" markup.
It is going to happen...
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #22
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJ View Post
They only body lines that look the same to me are... the lower grille, fog light location/design, side window overall shape.

Other then those 3 things, I personally don't think they look anything alike. The Challenger has outwardly extruded body panels all the way around. The Camaro is much more cut and refined, with shape angles throughout the body of the car. The rear shoulder line is different, the fender walls are completely different, the hood and trunk lines are extremely different...
I think it is better to say that the challenger is muscle car looking and the camaro took cues from the old ones and put a more modern touch to its design. The challenger put more retro then modern in the challenger.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #23
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaJ View Post

It does look very similar from the side and some angle shots.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #24
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
The Challenger, if you ask me, won't be a good buy until the R/T comes out, and even that won't be good until the absurd markups start dying down. There's an SRT8 at Spitzer Dodge over in Homestead and the markup is, like, $15K I think. I never even heard of such insanity - it better not happen to the Camaros. It's almost criminal.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #25
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
The Challenger, if you ask me, won't be a good buy until the R/T comes out, and even that won't be good until the absurd markups start dying down. There's an SRT8 at Spitzer Dodge over in Homestead and the markup is, like, $15K I think. I never even heard of such insanity - it better not happen to the Camaros. It's almost criminal.
Ditto on that one..
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:13 AM   #26
ULTIMATEORANGESS

Drives: 1999 Hugger SS 2005 QS GTO
i like challengers but theyre too expensive and its interior is horrible imo. i saw an orange one a few weeks ago. very nice.

ill be buying a camaro.
ULTIMATEORANGESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
big_dog
Future Z28 Owner.

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS View Post
i like challengers but theyre too expensive and its interior is horrible imo. i saw an orange one a few weeks ago. very nice.

ill be buying a camaro.
i like the older challengers...the ones before they tried to be the next camaro

but i like the sound

Last edited by big_dog; 07-27-2008 at 01:47 PM.
big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #28
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If the RS SS is a dime more than $30k, I will be very disappointed. That is a psychological barrier that GM cannot cross. The RS SS represents a low-to-mid-level SS. That would place the tricked out SS around $35k, allowing a base one to be as low as maybe $27k.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote