Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #85
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Our new Camaro? Do you work for GM or something? It's funny how so many GM fanboys are down on the Challenger but ga-ga over the new Camaro when they have a lot of similar stling cues.

Oh, well, that's why they make more than one ponycar I guess. I still think it brings into question your maturity when you have to put down something else to make your own choice/opinion look better.
funny. i guess this guy figures the whale's have got to stick together!

thats ok friend, im sure someone likes your gt500
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:02 AM   #86
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
camaro round chally not
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #87
STEVE LS3 SS RS

Drives: 1993 Accord EX
I think the Challenger and Mustang look nice.

I JUST HATE FORDS, AND DODGE EVEN MORE.

If its not a Japanese or German car, its ONLY A GM PERIOD.
STEVE LS3 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:10 AM   #88
Beelzebubba
cheap plastic member

Drives: Mazda6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
I got challenged by an 06 mustang v6 here. .

Ran into the same situation.

Some guy pulls up to me in a loud 05-06-07 Mustang. Obviously a V6 with Flowmasters (or some cheap Flowmaster knockoffs from the sound) revving and glaring at me.

I'm in my wife's "Clown Hearse" PT Cruiser. Why is he doing this? Did he see the High Output TURBO badge and decide to give it a try. Is he tired of getting beat by....well everything and needs a victory on a station wagon?

I usually try to be a grown-up in these situations. I really do. But there are no side streets on the stretch ahead of us and the juvenile delinquent in me overrode all sensibility and I reached down and turned off the traction control.

Light turned green and he shot out about a fender and half a door length on me. Turbo spools up and the "laggin' wagon" walks away from him.

I wish I'd had a camera. His eyes were the size of saucers and his mouth was wide open

Maybe he'll try an HHR SS next time.

But the owners of the V6 Mustangs are the biggest deterrent to ownership of a Mustang for me.
They are some of the worst ricers. Incorrect badges, big aluminum wings straight off the roof of an outlaw sprint car...etc... If you have a 140 hp 3.8 V6, you should not put Cobra badges on it. You should definitely not put Nissan GT-R or Honda SiR or VTEC badges on it.
Beelzebubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #89
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzebubba View Post

Ran into the same situation.

Some guy pulls up to me in a loud 05-06-07 Mustang. Obviously a V6 with Flowmasters (or some cheap Flowmaster knockoffs from the sound) revving and glaring at me.

I'm in my wife's "Clown Hearse" PT Cruiser. Why is he doing this? Did he see the High Output TURBO badge and decide to give it a try. Is he tired of getting beat by....well everything and needs a victory on a station wagon?

I usually try to be a grown-up in these situations. I really do. But there are no side streets on the stretch ahead of us and the juvenile delinquent in me overrode all sensibility and I reached down and turned off the traction control.

Light turned green and he shot out about a fender and half a door length on me. Turbo spools up and the "laggin' wagon" walks away from him.

I wish I'd had a camera. His eyes were the size of saucers and his mouth was wide open

Maybe he'll try an HHR SS next time.

But the owners of the V6 Mustangs are the biggest deterrent to ownership of a Mustang for me.
They are some of the worst ricers. Incorrect badges, big aluminum wings straight off the roof of an outlaw sprint car...etc... If you have a 140 hp 3.8 V6, you should not put Cobra badges on it. You should definitely not put Nissan GT-R or Honda SiR or VTEC badges on it.
That is an awesome story
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote