Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Numero_uno

Drives: Nissan Altima
Should I go somewhere else?

So the Camaro will be the first new car I've ever bought, so I don't know how the whole deal is supposed to go. I went to my local GM dealership yesterday and asked what he(the manager) could do for me if I showed interest in ordering the new Camaro from him.

Well he sat me down and after he punched all the information including options (he couldn't tell me exactly what was in the RS package, which I found odd considering we all know what's included). After all that he tells me he has no pricing information. Is that something he should know about? Have the dealers not gotten the final pricing? I thought we already knew this?

He told me also that he already had two orders placed, both 2SS's.

He did tell me that he wouldn't mark it up on me he would sell it to me for just MSRP. Does that sound like a dealer who knows what he's talking about or should I continue the search?? Thanks.
Numero_uno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your dealer is an idiot. Despite his idiocy, the salesperson was willing to guarantee MSRP, which is good.

Dealers have access to order information. If he has placed 2 orders, then he should have no problem giving you the proper information.

You need to ask about the dealer's allotment. If this dealer has 40 orders in front of you, it will be a long wait before you get yours. Additionally, you need to ask about the possibility of a refundable deposit. If there is a line, you want to buy a spot in line before you place your order. Stay in touch with this dealer to make sure that you don't lose your spot and know how many people have already received their orders. I would consider other dealers and tell them that this dealer has offered MSRP. Ask them if they can bring it closer to invoice. If someone offers you less than MSRP, get it in writing. I'm hoping that you have this dealer's offer in writing because some salespeople tend to forget their promises.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Numero_uno

Thanks. Yeah I forgot to ask him about his allotment, but like I said he has only had 2 orders placed. It's a small town dealership, but there is a much larger business about 30 minutes away or so so that was going to be my next stop if this guy didn't sound too promising. lol I did like that I would only have to pay MSRP, though.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #4
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero_uno View Post
Thanks. Yeah I forgot to ask him about his allotment, but like I said he has only had 2 orders placed. It's a small town dealership, but there is a much larger business about 30 minutes away or so so that was going to be my next stop if this guy didn't sound too promising. lol I did like that I would only have to pay MSRP, though.
It definitely sounds good to me. Just keep it competitive. Take a trip up to the bigger one just to see if they'll go a little lower. Compare allotments and where you'll be in line before you make your decision.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
The dealers DO NOT HAVE final pricing (other than what's posted on www.chevy.com/camaro). The pricing that we have here is not "official" so that would be why.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Go easy on the dealers and salemen. The Workbench does NOT have final pricing in it yet and as others have said the pricing we have is preliminary and not official.

If your dealer says they will sell you at MSRP, get it in writing and be happy that you are not paying a premium.

For those of you who don't have it in writing, I sure hope you dealt with ethical sales people/dealerships. It wouldn't surprise me to hear horror stories sometime in the future where a customer/dealer get into arguments over pricing and "he said/she said"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Your dealer is an idiot. Despite his idiocy, the salesperson was willing to guarantee MSRP, which is good.

Dealers have access to order information. If he has placed 2 orders, then he should have no problem giving you the proper information.

You need to ask about the dealer's allotment. If this dealer has 40 orders in front of you, it will be a long wait before you get yours. Additionally, you need to ask about the possibility of a refundable deposit. If there is a line, you want to buy a spot in line before you place your order. Stay in touch with this dealer to make sure that you don't lose your spot and know how many people have already received their orders. I would consider other dealers and tell them that this dealer has offered MSRP. Ask them if they can bring it closer to invoice. If someone offers you less than MSRP, get it in writing. I'm hoping that you have this dealer's offer in writing because some salespeople tend to forget their promises.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Yeh....but he should have atleast gave him the preliminay prices
that most all of us got. These prices have been out for sometime now.
so I haft to agree with Blurr. (your dealer is a idiot)
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #8
The_Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by in a hurry View Post
Yeh....but he should have atleast gave him the preliminay prices
that most all of us got. These prices have been out for sometime now.
so I haft to agree with Blurr. (your dealer is a idiot)
It's good to see the agreement on the idiotic dealer front. Dealers should be able to give pricing estimates and guarantee MSRP or less. Failure to do so only enhances their idiocy, like the guy in Milk_1027's signature that I was discussing.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #9
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Your dealer is an idiot
This should be a new smilie!
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Numero_uno

Yeah he did seem to at least halfway know what he was talking about. He had even seen the video of the V6 revving and driving around. He agreed it made the V6 Mustang sound like a kitten purring. Thanks guys.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #11
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero_uno View Post
So the Camaro will be the first new car I've ever bought, so I don't know how the whole deal is supposed to go. I went to my local GM dealership yesterday and asked what he(the manager) could do for me if I showed interest in ordering the new Camaro from him.

Well he sat me down and after he punched all the information including options (he couldn't tell me exactly what was in the RS package, which I found odd considering we all know what's included). After all that he tells me he has no pricing information. Is that something he should know about? Have the dealers not gotten the final pricing? I thought we already knew this?

He told me also that he already had two orders placed, both 2SS's.

He did tell me that he wouldn't mark it up on me he would sell it to me for just MSRP. Does that sound like a dealer who knows what he's talking about or should I continue the search?? Thanks.
What part of Texas are you in? I went to Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX. You need to talk to Mike Carnes. He visits this site and knows what is going on. Hopefully you are in the Dallas area. I wouldn't bother with the Carrollton or Lewisville dealers because unless they are up to speed they were still spinning their wheels and seemed to be in a row boat with one paddle going around in circles. I drove out of my way to get to Classic and sw Mike and I'm getting mine for under MSRP with my company discount. He said mine should be close to 4-4.5% above employee pricing. These other guys I have talked to have NO CLUE AT ALL!!!
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Do not settle for just the Salesman's promise in writing, get the sales MANAGER to sign the paperwork promising MSRP. Salesmen leave every day, but sales managers tend to hang around. If possible get the dealership owner to also sign...
I did that with my First Sky and had no worries.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Numero_uno

Quote:
Originally Posted by a6pk2go View Post
What part of Texas are you in? I went to Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine, TX. You need to talk to Mike Carnes. He visits this site and knows what is going on. Hopefully you are in the Dallas area. I wouldn't bother with the Carrollton or Lewisville dealers because unless they are up to speed they were still spinning their wheels and seemed to be in a row boat with one paddle going around in circles. I drove out of my way to get to Classic and sw Mike and I'm getting mine for under MSRP with my company discount. He said mine should be close to 4-4.5% above employee pricing. These other guys I have talked to have NO CLUE AT ALL!!!

I live about an hour and a half east of Dallas, so that is a bit of a drive. But that sounds good, if nothing else I'll give these guys at Classic a call and see if it would be worth driving down there. I'm willing to drive an hour and a half or so if it'll save me a couple K. lol.