Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #43
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
One more question for Steve.

Are you telling me HPTuners does not have access to the same Transmission tables your software has?
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #44
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
[QUOTE=JANNETTYRACING;1264994]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
I'm not trying to sell you our software? But if you would like to try our TCM calibration to better serve your customers.

Why NOT?, I currently have SCT, HPTuners, and Diablo Custom Tuning Software.

Why would a custom tuning shop want to go backwards in evolution to the days of Custom Tuning Via Superchips, before SCT.
Ted, our software is proprietary to us. It is not for sale. I dont call this backwards in eveloution. I call it foward progression.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 PM   #45
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
One more question for Steve.

Are you telling me HPTuners does not have access to the same Transmission tables your software has?
Are you telling me now that your gonna put HPT. files into a diablo? So now you need to inlist the help of other software to try to get the results your looking for?

And yes that is what I'm telling you. Agian with all do respect, I'd like to see you do Torque managment by mode with H.P tuners. And that is just one of many other functions.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Did someone say there is TQ management on a manual trans car? Someone explain that because how can you do that when there is no converter involved.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #47
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Did someone say there is TQ management on a manual trans car? Someone explain that because how can you do that when there is no converter involved.
There are TM settings in the ECM, there are methods used to control this torque in the calibration strategy. But we have seen stock cars produce over 320 ftlbs. under 3000 rpm with a factory calibration.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #48
JANNETTYRACING

[QUOTE=Steve@Vectormotorsports;1265228]
Quote:

Ted, our software is proprietary to us. It is not for sale. I dont call this backwards in eveloution. I call it foward progression.
You Know what I was refering to, You Send me a file, I datalog, send you the datalogs, you send me a file, I datalog etc.

This I What we Used to do in the old days

When or If you every change your Mind My Door is Always Open to new technology.

For Now, Diablo is the best solution for Us to remote tune, and HP Tuners is the best solution for our Custom Tuning in house, SCT is a good backup.

Every Product has its own little advantage or disadvantage, As far as the End User is concerned Diablo is the best solution Today, It gives the user power to make changes they want to when they want to.

Ted.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #49
kelley@vectormotorsports

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8 GT
[QUOTE=JANNETTYRACING;1265417]
Quote:

You Know what I was refering to, You Send me a file, I datalog, send you the datalogs, you send me a file, I datalog etc.

This I What we Used to do in the old days

When or If you every change your Mind My Door is Always Open to new technology.

For Now, Diablo is the best solution for Us to remote tune, and HP Tuners is the best solution for our Custom Tuning in house, SCT is a good backup.

Every Product has its own little advantage or disadvantage, As far as the End User is concerned Diablo is the best solution Today, It gives the user power to make changes they want to when they want to.

Ted.
Data logging is great if everybody has a wide band air/fuel meter in their car. We have all of our tunes perfected when the end user gets them. We mainly use data logging to find problems.

We use HP Tuners, LS2 Edit and EFI Live in house, so we know the benefits of all of them. In the early days we actually used the GM software to edit files. I personally have been tuning LSX cars since 1998. We started remote tuning in 2005 and have tuned well over 1400 late model LSX vehicles since then.

Some customers like to change limiters and such once they receive their calibration. We cater to the customer that wants the best calibration they can get for their EXACT set of modifications and leave it there. Also, we NEVER have issues with new GM software releases that can leave a customer with hardware that does not work.

We have full transmission support with ability to change torque management by shift mode. You can drive like stock in Normal mode and have an aggressive shift in Sport/Manual for example.

Like you we strive to keep our customers happy and have an excellent customer support record. Our PowerFlash customers have my personal cell phone number and can call 24/7.

I would like to send you a TCM file to try if you want.

At this point we are beating a dead horse. This "I'm better than you" stuff gets old quick. We are both obviously passionate about what we do and will do what it takes to keep our customers happy.
kelley@vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #50
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=Kirk@VectorMotorsports;1265563]
Quote:

Data logging is great if everybody has a wide band air/fuel meter in their car. We have all of our tunes perfected when the end user gets them. We mainly use data logging to find problems.

We use HP Tuners, LS2 Edit and EFI Live in house, so we know the benefits of all of them. In the early days we actually used the GM software to edit files. I personally have been tuning LSX cars since 1998. We started remote tuning in 2005 and have tuned well over 1400 late model LSX vehicles since then.

Some customers like to change limiters and such once they receive their calibration. We cater to the customer that wants the best calibration they can get for their EXACT set of modifications and leave it there. Also, we NEVER have issues with new GM software releases that can leave a customer with hardware that does not work.

We have full transmission support with ability to change torque management by shift mode. You can drive like stock in Normal mode and have an aggressive shift in Sport/Manual for example.

Like you we strive to keep our customers happy and have an excellent customer support record. Our PowerFlash customers have my personal cell phone number and can call 24/7.

At this point we are beating a dead horse. This "I'm better than you" stuff gets old quick. We are both obviously passionate about what we do and will do what it takes to keep our customers happy.
You can send it to me, I will PM you my address. So do you have transmission tables that HPT and EFI not have that can make a high stall work?
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #51
JANNETTYRACING

[QUOTE=Kirk@VectorMotorsports;1265563]
Quote:

That would be Great, I have an L99 car here now we just installed a magnacharger and Meth injection with a 3.4 pulley and have a 3.0 pulley on stand by.

I never once doubted your ability , and I am certainly not better than anyone, but I am passionate about what I do, it was simply a comparison of product in the customers eyes, but your right lets move on.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #52
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
So, it looks like either way I go I win. Looks like you are both very dedicated and knowledgable in your respective forte, just 2 different ways to skin the cat! It will come down to price and support for me when I decide to do a tune. I like the portability of the Diablo but also like the no charge future tunes and 24/7 support that come with the Vector! Sometime this winter I'll order, she's in her winter hibernation till April. Thanks guys for all you both do!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #53
ohfck

Drives: 2010 RJT M6 bone stock ... for now
Quote:
There are TM settings in the ECM, there are methods used to control this torque in the calibration strategy. But we have seen stock cars produce over 320 ftlbs. under 3000 rpm with a factory calibration.

I have HP Tuners and played with the torque limiting settings per gear today and did feel any seat of the pants difference, not saying it didn't affect anything but I couldn't feel it.
ohfck is offline   Reply With Quote