Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
LordAndroid

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
I have had several cars with no front plates over the years, I would have left it alone.
I didnt want a front plate on it either trust me if i could have gotten away with it i would have. But I live in a 2 plate state. Cops profile certain cars in my area to pull over id get pulled over eventually in my ZL1 not looking to give the douche a reason to ticket me for a front plate. In the past I've gotten pulled over just because he wanted to see my SRT8 up close no thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I never met Ray Lewis nor i know who he is , but tomorrow you should keep your cool and explain to the service manager WTHH ( what the heck happen ) , be very polite and try to make you point across , i also know that's easier said than done , but the alternative will get you no where . Patience can go a long way .
...yes, keep your cool, don't do a Ray Lewis, trust me....don't be that guy...for everyones sake involved...., and you are better off not knowing Ray's background or demeanor as well...just sayin.... The pen is mightier than the sword <Edward Bulwer-Lytton > The better part of valor is discretion <Shakespeare>
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #45
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
I didnt want a front plate on it either trust me if i could have gotten away with it i would have. But I live in a 2 plate state. Cops profile certain cars in my area to pull over id get pulled over eventually in my ZL1 not looking to give the douche a reason to ticket me for a front plate. In the past I've gotten pulled over just because he wanted to see my SRT8 up close no thanks!

We live in the same state.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #46
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
even Dodge dealers F up peoples rides. It seems that no one cares about other people's property any more.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...r-today-85992/
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
We live in the same state.
Cheers from the same state

Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #48
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
What is the "law" or wording when they try and hide things from you when you buy a vehicle??
Quote:
UPDATE: I went into the dealership this morning. And spoke with the Serv Dept Mangr. About the damage he came over to the car saw and conformed that the damages didnt come from a curb. So he took some digital stills and mentioned he would review the surveillance footage and where and how it happened. I just got off the phone with him and he said after viewing the footage he saw where the damage occured so there for a new WHEEL and TIRE were ordered today. But with car being 2013 the wheel isnt in GM's inventory (verbatim) so he doesnt know exactly when it will come in. I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.

...what I don't get is the conspiracy theory behind some of the new car owners with a quality control, or waranty issue, and it's the final countdown on the Mayan clock. Relax... make your claim, let the system work, there is always customer service and a field rep beyond that....
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemselves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being straight with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #49
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...what I don't get is the conspiracy theory behind some of the new car owners with a quality control, or waranty issue, and it's the final countdown on the Mayan clock. Relax... make your claim, let the system work, there is always customer service and a field rep beyond that....
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemsleves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being staright with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
Im not on my high horse but after being screwed over in the past as we all have at some point its a matter of recorse to level the playing field. I dont know about you but 60k to me isnt small change to you perhaps it is.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #50
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemselves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being straight with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
The world isn't always peaches and creme and sometimes being nice gets you nothing but screwed. I always approach these things first by being nice and civil ,but that doesn't always get results. Sometimes you have to know when not to be nice. It's not as cut and dry as you make it sound. There are way more A-holes in this world these days than ever before.

To the OP, glad to see that you may be dealing with a stand up dealer that just so happens to have a bad employee.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #51
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Im not on my high horse but after being screwed over in the past as we all have at some point its a matter of recorse to level the playing field. I dont know about you but 60k to me isnt small change to you perhaps it is.

...no small change here, it's a financial situation that I took on wanting the ultimate Camaro at any cost, and I am willing to try to make it through the debt versus income come hell or high water. I got issues with mine, but I'm not slobbering tears all over the board. I am dealing with GM. My point is...the cry baby who has a problem, how dare GM, oh me oh my...freakin' Eyorere sulking...the guy who said they better keep the dealership open for me because I have an issue, the guy who posts about some conspiracy theory, the guy who posts about dealeraships lack of ability to perform what the owner wants, when they want, right away...and have everything come out perfect on the spot...the posts about the sense of entitlement that 60 K brings instant karma to ones life without issue...really? Screwed over? Explain your position please....
Old 10-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
LordAndroid

Quote:
...no small change here, it's a financial situation that I took on wanting the ultimate Camaro at any cost, and I am willing to try to make it through the debt versus income come hell or high water. I got issues with mine, but I'm not slobbering tears all over the board. I am dealing with GM. My point is...the cry baby who has a problem, how dare GM, oh me oh my...freakin' Eyorere sulking...the guy who said they better keep the dealership open for me because I have an issue, the guy who posts about some conspiracy theory, the guy who posts about dealeraships lack of ability to perform what the owner wants, when they want, right away...and have everything come out perfect on the spot...the posts about the sense of entitlement that 60 K brings instant karma to ones life without issue...really? Screwed over? Explain your position please....
In my past I've have dealerships. Order and install remanufactured parts when I stressed I only approved and paid for OEM to complete the project I scheduled service for. I didn't find this out until many months later. Another example was I had a bad coil and this particular dealer kept giving me excuses as to why they couldn't find the problem. So I took the tech with me on a quick "road test" I was able to duplicate the issue I was had the car die on me in the middle of an intersection the engine re fired and we went back to the shop after two diagnostic test and about a weeks time $390 later the best answer I got was we can't find the issue so nothing is wrong......so I guess the vehicle dying is normal operation? Oh by the way here's what you owe us! So yes most of these dealerships do tend to get away with the bare minimum at the exchange of the consumers maximum so due diligence is in order at least for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #53
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
In my past I've have dealerships. Order and install remanufactured parts when I stressed I only approved and paid for OEM to complete the project I scheduled service for. I didn't find this out until many months later. Another example was I had a bad coil and this particular dealer kept giving me excuses as to why they couldn't find the problem. So I took the tech with me on a quick "road test" I was able to duplicate the issue I was had the car die on me in the middle of an intersection the engine re fired and we went back to the shop after two diagnostic test and about a weeks time $390 later the best answer I got was we can't find the issue so nothing is wrong......so I guess the vehicle dying is normal operation? Oh by the way here's what you owe us! So yes most of these dealerships do tend to get away with the bare minimum at the exchange of the consumers maximum so due diligence is in order at least for me.

...wow, really? So sorry to hear about that one. IMHO you failed, not the dealer, if you could not rectify the situation even after you rode with the tech and you were still not satisfied? ...look, not having an automotive background, or knowledge with issues or problems is a major issue with consumers who believe whatever they are told and are taken for face value such as you have described are commom place, I get that. You are the mercy of what is presented to you. I don't believe for a second the dealer is out to screw you however. Question...how do you know remanufactured parts were used?

Last edited by OldScoolCamaro; 10-08-2012 at 09:21 PM.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #54
LordAndroid

Quote:
...wow, really? So sorry to hear about that one. IMHO you failed, not the dealer, if you could not rectify the situation even after you rode with the tech and you were still not satisfied? You fail.. so sorry...
Its easy to pass judgements on other situations when your in front of a screen. Id like to hear about your experiences with dealerships. Oh wait let me guess you dont have an real world bad experiences because your Mr Perfect! My fellow C5 user are totally insane.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #55
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Its easy to pass judgements on other situations when your in front of a screen. Id like to hear about your experiences with dealerships. Oh wait let me guess you dont have an real world bad experiences because your Mr Perfect! My fellow C5 user are totally insane.

...no...........I'm about as far from perfect as one can be.......but have dealt with life issues more than most I sadly admit...sorry for my partaking in this thread...I'll move on. But don't bail on me with some copout Mr. Perfect comment.....really? You are better than that...adios compadre...
Old 10-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #56
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
The world isn't always peaches and creme and sometimes being nice gets you nothing but screwed. I always approach these things first by being nice and civil ,but that doesn't always get results. Sometimes you have to know when not to be nice. It's not as cut and dry as you make it sound. There are way more A-holes in this world these days than ever before.

To the OP, glad to see that you may be dealing with a stand up dealer that just so happens to have a bad employee.
Thanks I hope everything works out.