Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #15
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
One of my teachers, way back when, (he was a biker) told me of this 100mph club. Where they set up check-points at bars so that to make it to the end, you must break 100 on your bike. Get a patch or something if you make it. Crazy.........

Back in college when i had the bike one of my best friends had a Hayabusa (1300 GSX-R). you talk about crazy. He had the speed regulator taken off as well as some other mods. This bike is absolutely a rocket on wheels. The speedo goes up to 180.... he would bury the needle in the speedo before he even shifted into 6th gear. There are reports of those things getting well into 200mph. He was one of the 200mph club.... luckily he never had an accident and he has since sold the bike.

We went to the drag strip a few time so that he could see what it would do in the 1/4mile. His was pretty good as he was constantly in the low 11's and could have been in the 10's but he is a bad drag racer. There were other people there with even more modified hayabusas that were running low 9's!

I never had the balls to even attempt to ride his bike... my 600cc F4i was plenty of power for me!
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 AM   #16
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosen75 View Post
Casull your dog looks sad that u dont have the bike anymore in that pic.
Lol.. I think she was more upset because I was taking up some of her bench!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:46 PM   #17
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I was in Gainesville one night and we hear this crazy loud sound. I knew it had to be a bike. We were at a redlight and sure enough this bike pulls up next to us. I couldnt tell what kind it was, had custom body, all kinds of LED's on it, it was crazy lookin and soundin. It was a long light so we started talkin to him and he shut his bike off. We asked him how fast he has gotten it and he says "Ahh about 220". We ask him if he will get on it when the light turns green he says sure. Light turns green, he is leaned all the way forward on his bike, he takes off only his rear tire is touchin the pavement and it is smokin like crazy. He shifts gears, front tire hits the ground then pops right back up, shifts into third, tire pops again. He mustve hit 80 in about 4 seconds. I wanted a bike for a while til I saw that, then I realized that I dont want to kill myself lol.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #18
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
I was in Gainesville one night and we hear this crazy loud sound. I knew it had to be a bike. We were at a redlight and sure enough this bike pulls up next to us. I couldnt tell what kind it was, had custom body, all kinds of LED's on it, it was crazy lookin and soundin. It was a long light so we started talkin to him and he shut his bike off. We asked him how fast he has gotten it and he says "Ahh about 220". We ask him if he will get on it when the light turns green he says sure. Light turns green, he is leaned all the way forward on his bike, he takes off only his rear tire is touchin the pavement and it is smokin like crazy. He shifts gears, front tire hits the ground then pops right back up, shifts into third, tire pops again. He mustve hit 80 in about 4 seconds. I wanted a bike for a while til I saw that, then I realized that I dont want to kill myself lol.
that's crazy. unless it was modified (ie turbocharged), it would have to have either been a Kawasaki Ninja ZX 14 or a Hayabusa as I believe they are the only two bikes capable of 200+ stock (when the regulator is removed of course).

I wouldn't say that your experience with that guy is not typical of sport bikes in general. I mean that bike had some crazy power. My little 600 was very fast but not nearly as powerful. I mean for me to pop a wheelie I had to actually work at it, it wouldn't just pop a wheelie from a dead stop if I slammed on the throttle, but it still did 0-60 in about 4-5 seconds and the 1/4 mile in about 12.8 fully stock. It all depends on what kind of rider you are. I was a very conservative rider, but I had many friends that appeared to have a death wish much like the guy you described.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:24 PM   #19
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
It wasnt a Hayabusa, couldve been a ninja, but the body was custom. He was a black dude, had bunch of jewelry no helmet and a thin jacket. Not sure what kind of person he was, but apparently he had lots of confidence in his riding abilities lol. He said it was "His baby". Apparently he wasnt telling a lie.

BTW: He didnt catwalk it completely, just his front tire lifted Id say about a foot from the ground when he took off.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote