Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideSS View Post
Yep - the side badges are held on by tape only

Op - I think the car looks really plain without any badging on the rear. You could look to get another form of bowtie or a different badge entirely
Agreed...
Attached Images

2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #30
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Even with the "Supercharged" badge, I think your lower trunk lid looks too plain without an emblem.

My preference would be a bow tie but I think the modern SS like the one Sparks sells looks good as well.

If you decide on replacing your bow tie, I have to second the comments from djcfuzz regarding Lupe at River City Creations. He offers a wide variety of custom painted bow ties and his workmanship is top notch. He did the taillight bezels, bow tie and black ZL1 emblem for my car and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #31
pannhead51

Drives: 2SS convertible
I got custom painted front and rear bowties... went to put the back one on and decided not to, to me it has a cleaner look and easier to wash & wax without it, same reason I took the fender emblems off, too.
Attached Images

pannhead51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #32
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKevin View Post
Ever consider something like this?

I saw it on a black Camaro before, looked pretty nice.
Yeah, that's pretty cool. Not sure if it'd look good with the supercharged badge, though. Maybe too many letters on the back

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
i think the bowtie looks fine.. like it's meant to be dark grey.. then again it may be more faded than I'm noticing.. i personally don't like when things have too little badging.. that plainness you speak of.. paint it maybe?

i like the supercharged emblem, just not sure i like the placement.. different centering than the SS.. if you go with the SS in place of the bowtie maybe shift supercharged towards right side?

i bought the cheap publix (grocery) brand floss and it worked fine for removing the SS.. just make sure you heat it up enough i guess...

.:edit:.

wow.. this i like... i just may steal this.. minus the supercharged.. cuz i don't have one yet and also because i encourage others to try =)
I'm thinking of doing the large sparks SS emblem in white, in place of the bow tie. That way, like someone else mentioned, the front and back match. If I do that, I'll probably just remove the small red SS. I'd like to avoid moving the "supercharged" badge, but putting it on the right side is a possibility. The placement would be about the same, though. It'd just be on the other side.

Here's sort of what I'm thinking....
Attached Images

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
The rear bowtie looks best imo. Sparks SS looks good but too expensive for an emblem imo.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #34
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
I love the look of that.
Thank You !
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #35
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I would just mask off the back of the car with a hefty bag and painters masking tape, then rattle can epoxy paint to the color of choice. I just sprayed mine gloss black.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 06-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #36
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
This was done by the previous owner, retro 69ish if memory still serves me well. Need to remove those little factory SS emblems.

SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #37
White Shark

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
I like the trunk badge functionally, it's what I use to shut the trunk.
Here is a pic of mine, used carbon fiber wrap! Also put thin clear bra on the lip of trunk lid not to scratch the pain lifting the trunk.
Attached Images

White Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
I went with the Sparks emblem in both the front and rear in white and removed the stock red SS emblems and stock bowties.

Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #39
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
This was done by the previous owner, retro 69ish if memory still serves me well. Need to remove those little factory SS emblems.
Yeah. One or the other... not both. I prefer the retro look.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #40
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
That looks good. I like the white, and that's what I have in the front, but I sort of like the look of the red on black. Does it matter much if the front and black colors don't match? No one will ever see them both at the same time anyway.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #41
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron71 View Post
I went with the Sparks emblem in both the front and rear in white and removed the stock red SS emblems and stock bowties.
This becomes a matter of vehicle identification, really. The "stock red SS emblems" identify the car as having the RS Package. White letters denote non-RS Package.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #42
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
That looks good. I like the white, and that's what I have in the front, but I sort of like the look of the red on black. Does it matter much if the front and black colors don't match? No one will ever see them both at the same time anyway.
See above ^^^^
It only matters if it matters to you, but the Red and White do mean something.