Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 09-04-2010, 05:38 PM   #1
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
Exclamation Atlanta Race this weekend

I want to take my Camaro real bad. Anyone ever taken their cars to a NASCAR race and wished they hadn't?

I am OK with parking it in a field, I don't think they have any pay parking areas so I could make it safer. I really want to take the Camaro instead of the Sebring. Anyone? I park in a large tight parking lot now at work on the base and so far no dings or chips. Would this finally give me my first ding? Or worse?

Next - Tinting
USAFJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Most racing events I've gone to people have more than your average respect for nice cars. They with thought not have any special parking for you. You'll be out there right with everyone else. I've gone to Kansas Raceway and Bandimere and never had.

One other thing watch out for fields that have high grass. I once went to a car show where the dried grass was set off by the cats from another car!. .
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
CaniacFan

Drives: '10 SS CGM #75,288, '14 Stingray
A lot of tracks have off the road grass lot parking (Martinsville, Bristol, Darlington) in which I wouldn't want to drive my Camaro through. My brother and I went to Daytona (I flew, he drove), and we parked in a Target lot which would be no problem.

If you're familiar with parking go fo it, it would be no different than parking anywhere wlse (risk-wise).. Good Luck..
CaniacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Thanks for the replies. I bought it to be a daily driver and if you cannot enjoy a Camaro at a NASCAR race, where can you enjoy it!

Next - Tinting
Old 09-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
soniccj7

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS IBM
Did you end up enjoying the race with your Camaro?

ED
soniccj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
of Smoke doin' a burnout

The worst I had happen at a Cup race was having my bullet shell valve stem caps stolen of my bullitt wheels
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 PM   #7
USAFJeeper
Bringing mullets back

Car was fine! Of course several people asked me to hit it when I had cops all around haha. I declined

Got a lot of thumbs up and no car damage apart from road dust!

Few pictures now!

The Real GREEN Camaro! There was a car show on the track before hand. This is the Camaro Green!

THINGS YOU CANNOT UNSEE!!!! I have no idea what this was all about...

Montoya was there doing an interview and signing so I could not get a good angle here and didnt have a chance to go back...

Junior Pit

Next - Tinting