Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Drives: '11 LS SGM, '96 BK, '88 S10
Talking Gloss White Forgestar F14's 18x8.5 on SGM

Hey all, these came in today and I got them on right away! 18x8.5, stock LS tires, stock ride height. Haven't had a chance to weigh my spare yet, but I was told around 19.5lbs for each rim.

Photos aren't top-quality and there are some uber-dark spots...but this was with my little point-and-shoot, and they get the idea across. When I get a buddy of mine with a DSLR to snap some I'll update. Enjoy for the meantime!

1o.f00t.570rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
In just about every color I love that F 14 wheel
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Those look good!!

Did you put rain-x on them?

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Thanks for the business! You were the first one to order them in white from me, and also the first to order a matching spare tire. As for suggestions, I'd lower the car and put on white hood/trunk SS stripes. That would complete the look.

Tony
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #5
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Thank you as well for the rims, I love them! The plan will definitely be to go about an inch lower, though I need to take a measurement for clearance cuz' my parking garage is underground and the driveway is sloped. Keeps my cars out of the weather, but does limit how far I can drop it. Will definitely be painting the tail light bezels a gloss white, and seeing what kind of gradient tint I can get.

For striping, I am stuck between a couple different ideas because I like:

1) "Rally dual" center stripes
2) "Solid" and "Solid with pinstripe" center stripes
3) "Grand Sport" fender stripes
4) How a CF hood and trunk accent the body lines, before taking into account striping

I am currently leaning towards one of the solid stripe sets with a CF hood/trunk and the grand sport stripes. I don't want it to be too "busy", but I've also found that hood/trunk stripes don't show up at every angle. An inspiration for the striping I am thinking of looks like this:

Old 04-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
Nice!

I would probably do a white face with the inserts in synergy green, I think that would look awesome! Maybe something you might consider later on. Looks great now drop that bad boy and get a spoiler! LOL
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #7
Nine Ball

This is my favorite green SS posted so far. Simple stripes, stunning result. Don't add too many white accents, it can be overdone. I'd limit the white to the wheels and the stripes, nothing else.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136664

Tony
Old 04-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
SATXLS3

Spoiler?

Hey 10foot,

I have a summit white factory spoiler off my SS, if you want it shoot me a pm
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
This is my favorite green SS posted so far. Simple stripes, stunning result. Don't add too many white accents, it can be overdone. I'd limit the white to the wheels and the stripes, nothing else.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136664

Tony
IMO in the ground-view from the rear quarter, there wasn't enough white, and for me that's where the grand sport stripes and tail light bezels would come in.

But yea...clean and simple does look nice. I am definitely going to need to spend some time in illustrator and mock this stuff up. Too many options that look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATXLS3 View Post
Hey 10foot,

I have a summit white factory spoiler off my SS, if you want it shoot me a pm
Thanks for the offer, but I am one of those weird guys who isn't completely sold on the dovetail spoiler. I think the 3rd gen looked awesome with it's high-deck spoiler, so I've been trying to find something like that for the Camaro. So far, no luck, but I'm starting to look at other vehicles to see if something would adapt.

Even something milder like the following I like better than the lip spoilers:

Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
Nine Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1o.f00t.570rk View Post
IMO in the ground-view from the rear quarter, there wasn't enough white, and for me that's where the grand sport stripes and tail light bezels would come in.[/IMG]
Don't make the mistake of basing things on picture angles, LOL. What matters is real life, seeing the car at a show or in the parking lot as you walk around it. You don't need a smidge of white in every single photo angle

If you put a spoiler on it, and wrap the stripe over the top edge of the spoiler onto the back of the spoiler, you'll have your white from that rear 3/4 ground view.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #11
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Lookin good!!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
SATXLS3

Thanks for the offer, but I am one of those weird guys who isn't completely sold on the dovetail spoiler. I think the 3rd gen looked awesome with it's high-deck spoiler, so I've been trying to find something like that for the Camaro. So far, no luck, but I'm starting to look at other vehicles to see if something would adapt.

Even something milder like the following I like better than the lip spoilers:

Doesn't GM have a spoiler like that on the new synergy series?

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-28-2011, 09:42 AM   #13
1o.f00t.570rk
Tall Guy

So I know that GM has been working on one that I think is either exactly like or similar to the one that Bumblebee has in TF3:

Which isn't bad...but not awesome either. I am more than happy to just not have anything till I find something I am totally sold on. For a "thick" upright like that, the wing styles for the EVOs and STIs I like better because the upright is on the far outside edges of the wing, instead of being inset from the outer edge.

Now, looking at the SSX Concept and Beauwulfs' Camaros, I do like the look of an adjustable wing with the "thin" uprights in the middle...though I need to re-do my napkin math on the downforce generated in the 50~60mph range. There are a *lot* of nice twisty country roads up here at those speed limits. Even if I am not at a dedicated road course, if I can see 30~40lbs of downforce from a "3d" airfoil design at those legal speeds, I'd consider that a worthwhile addition. The lowest speed CFD data that APR has for instance is at 80mph, with a maximum downforce of about 150lbs on a GTC-300 @ 0 degrees AOA measured from the center spoiler section, so my napkin assumption is that there'd be exponential decay of the down force when going slower than that.

Some more examples of concepts/renders I think look awesome with a more aggressive spoiler:

Tags
f14, forgestar, rims, sgm, white