Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #435
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
not remembering her name does not make it "Top Secret"
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #436
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

How's my guys doing? Ready for this week! I was busy working on cars (including mine)

My son's camaro: RS headlights conversion, catch can + breather

Son's friend Mazda 3: HID headlights conversion, HID fog lights conversion, seat covers, doors gto, rear spoiler, top rear spoiler, blue neon license plate...

Mine: AAC halo/ drls halo color shift conversion!
Attached Images

Old 03-09-2014, 07:47 PM   #437
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
Today was Legs/Shoulders day: but today was different... after reading a nice article from the other exercise thread I was into push myself way higher than normal, so I took the heavy squat! Normally I go up to 185, today I keep going up! When I get to 225 I pick them up, back up and I doubt myself to squat, when I was about to put them back I look at the mirror an notice a poster behind me...

after that I didn't think just did it! Squat 5 times! I saw stars but I was happy!
Thats awesome! Good job!
Love equating heavy, no better way to get great strong legs and tush!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #438
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Thats awesome! Good job!
Love equating heavy, no better way to get great strong legs and tush!

3/10/2014
Chest/triceps day: I feel amazing! Did 225 today! Buuuuut using the secure machine, so my question is how much more I have to go up before I try on complete free weights?
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #439
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:

3/10/2014
Chest/triceps day: I feel amazing! Did 225 today! Buuuuut using the secure machine, so my question is how much more I have to go up before I try on complete free weights?
You should use freeweights , much better/different than machines. Just start real light and concentrate on proper form. Once you're familiar with it start adding weight.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #440
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
You should use freeweights , much better/different than machines. Just start real light and concentrate on proper form. Once you're familiar with it start adding weight.
It's not a machine, it's free weights but the bar it's on rails that if something happens you can lock it and get out...
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #441
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
It's not a machine, it's free weights but the bar it's on rails that if something happens you can lock it and get out...
That's a machine....

Anything that takes stabilization out of the lift is a machine...

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #442
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
That's a machine....

Anything that takes stabilization out of the lift is a machine...
Thanks for the explanation! This is the machine: because I was alone in the gym I want to play safe, so how much more I have to go to really bench 225?
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #443
CFD

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation! This is the machine: because I was alone in the gym I want to play safe, so how much more I have to go to really bench 225?
You will never bench 225 if you don't start. You should start now. Also, are you using that machine for squats as well?
Old 03-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #444
Yendor

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE Hyper Blue
If you are alone in the gym don't take yourself out of your safety zone using free weights, those stabilizing muscles need to get a work out too. Keep up with your form. Form is crucial (at least in my eyes anyway).
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #445
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
You will never bench 225 if you don't start. You should start now. Also, are you using that machine for squats as well?
I think you not understanding what I'm saying... I always use free weights, only sometimes I use cables... I already bench 195 on free weights, this was just to test myself... but because I was alone I use that machine instead of the regular bench... I just want to know how much weight I have to push in that machine before I can safely try in a regular bench...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
If you are alone in the gym don't take yourself out of your safety zone using free weights, those stabilizing muscles need to get a work out too. Keep up with your form. Form is crucial (at least in my eyes anyway).
100% true better safe than sorry!
Old 03-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #446
CFD

Quote:
I think you not understanding what I'm saying... I always use free weights, only sometimes I use cables... I already bench 195 on free weights, this was just to test myself... but because I was alone I use that machine instead of the regular bench... I just want to know how much weight I have to push in that machine before I can safely try in a regular bench...

100% true better safe than sorry!
It doesn't matter what you can do in the machine, you may be able to bench the same without it, maybe not, but if you want to build your bench press, you have to bench press and free weights are the best choice. You approach it like every other strength gaining routine. Concentrate on form, start at a weight you're sure you can do, how can you be sure, start light and try it, work in the 5-6 rep range and increase weight when you can do 3 sets of the desired rep range. If there is someone to spot you once in a while push close to or to failure, other wise be safe and work so as it's a challenge but you won't reach failure.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #447
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you can do in the machine, you may be able to bench the same without it, maybe not, but if you want to build your bench press, you have to bench press and free weights are the best choice. You approach it like every other strength gaining routine. Concentrate on form, start at a weight you're sure you can do, how can you be sure, start light and try it, work in the 5-6 rep range and increase weight when you can do 3 sets of the desired rep range. If there is someone to spot you once in a while push close to or to failure, other wise be safe and work so as it's a challenge but you won't reach failure.
Ok I'll do that!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #448
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Good workout today. Finally added back to my routine, I am using a mix of my Bowflex and free weights. Last week two of my works out were outside busting up ice to clear the street for water flow to the two drainage openings that are along my property and curbs.
It was good to get back into the basement today.

I will be ordering my new Trek Mountain Bike first weekend in April. Should be riding it for cardio by the end of April. Another few weeks from now.

I am down a total of 73 lbs. so far in 3 months since the surgery. Another 77 to go. Then again I am not really sure where bottom will be, time will tell.