Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #29
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Sorry you got the ticket. It's hard not to respond like you did when someone's being an ass. At least they got him too.
Thanks Palmer!! I still could have used better judgement. But we are human!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #30
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASCAR2 View Post
The RADAR detector normally will not help you if your clocked by aircraft. Normally an observer or pilot times a target vehicle between two painted lines on the highway. Most states use an 1/8 mile while some areas use 1/4 mile. The Officer who times the violator keeps a visual on the violator till an Officer on the ground stops the correct vehicle. It is very easy to spot speeding vehicles from a Cessena 182 at 2500 feet. Normally the Officer who physically stops the violator is provided the speed and time the violation was committed by the Officer in the plane.

If the defendent contest the citation the Officer in the plane and the Officer on the ground who made the stop are both subpoenaed to court. The only way a RADAR detector will help is if one of the ground units leaves their RADAR transmitting. The crew in the aircraft use stop watches or VASCAR to complete the clock to obtain the violator speed.
Yeah they examined the entire process to me. It's pretty cool. Just not cool when you get the ticket!!
Old 05-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #31
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mityguy View Post
We in a recession man, troopers will pull people all day long, I just got hit with 71 in 65.... $133 ... I'm sorry you got hit by a plane but yeah lesson learned I guess... Just sucks burning money like that...
Since when are we in a recession?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:06 PM   #32
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
They tagged me coming back from Orlando 2 years ago two, but doing 98... in a Cruz.

uh... whoops.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #33
CrazyRED

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Sonny, I see your profile says you're in GA. If you're not opposed to paying the cost of the ticket to avoid points, all you have to do in Florida is go to court plead no contest and the judge will assess court fees(usually the fine on the ticket) and all waive points. The hardest part is waiting for the judge to call your name.

On the other hand, if you go to court, plea not guilty and request a hearing(which will happen directly after you make your plea), if the trooper is a jerk he will present evidence and when the judge asks if he believes you should be responsible, in my experience they will say yes and say they do not recommend the ticket being dropped. It's then up to the judge to go against the will of the trooper to drop the ticket and I have never seen them do that.

This is based of my limited personal experience and the experience of fellow Gen 4 Camaro owners back when I belonged to North Florida F-Bodies.
CrazyRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #34
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Same stretch of road I was driving 40 years ago when I saw a trooper do a flip to pull over a speeder.
Wouldn't have made a big note of it, but the guy didn't do it in a turn-a-round.

He drove it head-on into a culvert in the middle of the median from the northbound lane, and then through grass and heavy weeds put it southbound. TOTALLY NUTS .

Probably the most aggressive manuever I ever saw an LEO do in 46 years of driving.

Vowed I'd never speed in that state if my life depended on it.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:13 PM   #35
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Same stretch of road I was driving 40 years ago when I saw a trooper do a flip to pull over a speeder.
Wouldn't have made a big note of it, but the guy didn't do it in a turn-a-round.

He drove it head-on into a culvert in the middle of the median from the northbound lane, and then through grass and heavy weeds put it southbound. TOTALLY NUTS .

Probably the most aggressive manuever I ever saw an LEO do in 46 years of driving.

This is why I could never be a cop. I'd beat the piss out of too many patrol cars.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 08:08 PM   #36
sonnydurden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post

He cut across the hwy to the other side to get me.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:29 PM   #37
Cam_Cam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS
Man I'm glad I live in a poor state. People would riot if our state spent money on planes to chase speeders.
Cam_Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #38
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
ThE planes got me outside Orlando for speeding in The slow lane while being passed by other cars. Guess the wife's green camaro was easiest to spot

I ended up using ticket clinic or some name like that for lawyer and they got it dropped
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #39
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
I got one of those aerial ticket by the FHP in 2013. I got a lawyer that specializes in the aerial tickets. My court date ended up being two days after Christmas!! The trooper DIDN'T show up. Ticket was tossed!! Money well spent!!

IMO get a lawyer and fight it!!!! Both the ticketing trooper and the trooper in the plane have to appear in court!!
Old 05-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #40
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Bottom line, we gotta stop speeding on civil roads homez. I am currently teaching myself to enjoy driving slow like at the speed limit or 2 mph below.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #41
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Sonny, sorry to hear. Every day going forward will be one more without a ticket, that's how I see it. Like you, I learned the lesson - and now no more problems.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #42
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Bottom line, we gotta stop speeding on civil roads homez. I am currently teaching myself to enjoy driving slow like at the speed limit or 2 mph below.
Cool, man - me too, that's more time I get to spend in my Camaro!!

Last edited by OrangeVert; 05-20-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Grammar
OrangeVert is offline   Reply With Quote