Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 02-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
I just hope Microsoft gets away from the DVD laser they are using .....hopefully blu or something better , I own both a ps3 and Xbox 360, but really interested to see the new consoles
It's already been confirmed. Microsoft already made a deal with Sony to pay them a set amount per console so the Xbox can use Sony's Blu-Ray tech.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #16
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
I just hope they stop holding back gaming.
Judging from the specs, looks to be another bleak 8 years of mediocre PC games. x86 only makes ports easier. Hardly touches a medium spec rig. And to be honest I haven't even touched my ps3 (Other than blu ray duty) since the huge disappointing mess of Final Fantasy 13. All that really interests me out of sony is the PSone classics on my PSPgo because of the way they try to make everything so 'accessible' and easy for everyone.

I miss the days when games where made by hobbiests for fun, to have fun. Now its all about the money, and how broad of an audience your game sells to. Look how many usless PR and Media people these companies have now compared to 10-15 years ago. Its as fake as Bollywood now. Without the amusement.
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #17
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Ill be buying it day one for sure no matter the price!! I did it when the original Ps3s came out.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #18
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
I just hope Microsoft gets away from the DVD laser they are using .....hopefully blu or something better , I own both a ps3 and Xbox 360, but really interested to see the new consoles
Figured that would be the case, but interesting none-the-less. The PS4 announcement for me was pretty dull. I'm primarily a PC gamer, though I own both the 360 and PS3 right now. I think if Playstation can improve the PSN enough to compete with Xbox live they'll be doing better. If not I just don't see game devs jumping on the PS4 wagon when it looks like a lot of the next gen console games are going to be depending on constant internet connections.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I love this part of that link.

A few months ago, a couple developers leaked out some specs of both the PS4 and the Xbox 720. At first they was just taken as rumors but after the press conference by Sony it was shown that these "rumors" about the PS4 hardware was actually true. If these same sources are also correct about the hardware of the Xbox 720, then the hardware of the Xbox will be quite inferior to the PS4 and the performance differences between the two systems will be quite noticeable. Especially if Microsoft continues with their plan on installing Windows 8 on the Xbox and allocating half of the consoles ram to only being able to be used by the operating system. This would only allow the Xbox to have 4 gigs of DDR3 ram for games vs PS4's 8 gigs of GDDR5 (which is superior type of ram to start with).
until games are designed to use more than a max of 2GB RAM (in other words, moving from 32-bit games to 64-bit), the RAM is kind of a moot point on the games themselves. Any PC gamer will tell you that having too much RAM is overkill. 8 is the norm on most gamer rigs because of the other aspects of the system, i.e. running an OS and having a ton of programs open. This is why the PS3 and Xbox360 had less than 1GB of RAM... it wasn't necessary to put more. As for the 720... Even if you're running 2GB of RAM on Windows 8, you still have the 2GB open for the games.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #20
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Honestly, I'm not going to worry about what system to get. In the end it doesn't matter to me because I know I will end up with both the PS4 and the Xbox 720 eventually anyway; I will still have my sweet gaming PC as well.

Win - Win - Win
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #21
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
All I want to know is price. Is it gonna be $300 or are they going to rape us?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna more on to the next generation or not. I barely have time for all the games I have piled up unopened already. I guess it all depends on what comes out.
depending on the size you got when the ps3 first came out, it was $500-600.

I would suspect the new system to be about the same, if not a little more, when it launches.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #22
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Price will be around 299-399. Its using generic parts and even blu-ray burners can be had for 50 bucks.

Bank on it.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
Price will be around 299-399. Its using generic parts and even blu-ray burners can be had for 50 bucks.

Bank on it.
I think $400, but I agree with you on the fact that this is why they are switching to a more standard PC x86-64 configuration (easy standard parts).
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Sony switched to off the shelf parts in order to make this console cheaper as well as easier to develop for. I am suspecting two models priced in the $350 - $450 range. I would be shocked to see a console priced at $300 this upcoming gen. I do not count the Wii U as next gen. It's a few years too late. The only way we might see a cheaper next gen console is if Microsoft does the contract thing again with the 720.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #25
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
until games are designed to use more than a max of 2GB RAM
They are coming this generation.

Last edited by Mr_Draco; 02-27-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #26
Mr_Draco

Quote:

Bank on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
I think $400, but I agree with you on the fact that this is why they are switching to a more standard PC x86-64 configuration (easy standard parts).
Scroll up.

The Japanese price points have already been leaked, which with the current exchange rate comes out to $450 or $550 depending on which model you get. However US prices have always been higher then the exchange rate so you're looking at $500 or $600.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #27
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Scroll up.

The Japanese price points have already been leaked, which with the current exchange rate comes out to $450 or $550 depending on which model you get. However US prices have always been higher then the exchange rate so you're looking at $500 or $600.

$430

It's not been confirmed.

Search for PS4 299 and see what you get. The PS3 was so silly costly because of Blu-ray at the time and that stupid Cell cpu. I'm expecting two systems @ 299 and 399.

BUT! I won't buy it anyways.

PC FTW!
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #28
Mr_Draco

Quote:
$430

It's not been confirmed.

Search for PS4 299 and see what you get. The PS3 was so silly costly because of Blu-ray at the time and that stupid Cell cpu. I'm expecting two systems @ 299 and 399.

BUT! I won't buy it anyways.

PC FTW!
The inside sources for the PS4 prices is the same sources that leaked the prices for both PS3 models and the price of the PS2 and both times was dead on the money. They also leaked the specs for the PS4 over 6 months ago before Sony's press conference. You can expect whatever you want but these sources have proven to be very reliable.

I bet you a new PS4 that the prices will be $499 and $599.