Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-26-2016, 07:17 AM   #15
Roasstum1
EbonyCamaro

Drives: Black SS 14
I did my own springs 1" hotchkis love the way it feels. Honestly it rides just as nice as it did with the stock springs.
Roasstum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:03 AM   #16
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeneelyf View Post
I been thinkning of lowering my 2015 Camaro RS. I saw a lot of people have BMR springs I was wondering how good they were? I still want the stiff stock ride and no bounce I want some insight on the ride and quality. Or should I do coilovers if I go that route? If so what brands are good and how do they ride?
I bought BMR stage 2 and in my opinion I would not use them. The springs float around and don't fit in the spring sockets correctly. Twice I've had a problem in the rears and the car will start handling funny. The fronts don't fit right either. Occasionally I will have to jack the car to unload the springs and rotate them into the proper position.
Also if you have a supercharger the added weight will lower more than an inch.
Someday I will do it right and get some Pedders adjustable coil over.
Be prepared to change your driving habits as speed bumps, parking bumpers, and scrapes will cost you bodywork.
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:26 AM   #17
L99

Drives: B On B L99-Gone/SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeneelyf View Post
Do you know if lowering will void warranty. I wanted the dealership to do most of the work to my car but they said that alone without parts would be 900
Go to a reputable speed shop that know what their doing. GM dealer mechanics are parts pushers and really are not trained to do any mods of any sort.
I made a mistake and had gears put in once and they totally ****ed it up.
Never have them balance your tires they can't do that right either. The weights fell off because they didn't properly clean the rims and they used a screwdriver to scrape off the old weights and left scrape marks. I was ****ing pissed.
Some mods do void warranty like engine mods understandably.
I moded my engine with a supercharger and cam and later the oil seal in the rear went out. I didn't think it was related but I was SOL.
L99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brands, lowering, springs