Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
Warning, be careful buying from On3fastSS!! Smh

Ok so typically I don't blast anyone and I deal with situations personally but this is really getting out of hand. Over the last 3 weeks I have been screwed over on 2 separate occasions. One occasion I was buying a set of Forgestar wheels from a member and gave them my word that I was buying their wheels. Basically he insisted that I sent the money and once he got back from vacation he would remove and send the wheels. I wasn't comfortable with that so I told him one he got back, I would send the money. During that time frame a few more sets of wheels became available so I would contact him just to verify that we still have a deal due to the fact that I didn't want to miss a different deal. Being that I'm a man of my word, I didn't buy the other set of wheels which was a bigger deal. To make a long story short, the week he was supposed to return, he has an emergency (which sounded legit so I'm not going to mention his username).

A week or 2 later, on3fastSS post this ad http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321138. I contact him and he agrees to sell for me for his asking price of 3k. Mind u the ad says "selling for a friend" which I never spoke to during the whole situation. So basically he wanted $500 down to secure a "serious buyer" so the blower could be removed. I send the money via PayPal paying for his invoice.

As days are going by I'm setting up appointments to have the blower installed. I'm also buying parts like pulleys and cog drive set up. I also call him to ask about the blower and I mention to him that "I want to make sure you're serious because I had a situation a week ago where seller backs out and being that I'm purchasing parts, I don't want to be screwed if you find a better buyer with more money". He tells me "the blower is yours bro, you don't have to worry" so I take his word. 2 days ago, this is what I receive via text

Basically an agreement switches to an auction but you can clearly see on his ad it says for 3k. On the PayPal invoice it also states the same thing. Enough is enough!!! That's like booking a hotel room and telling the guest after they fly there "were sorry but someone else with more money booked this room today, do u want to match it!?" That's BULLSHIT (excuse my French). Especially when u mention to the seller that you're purchasing other parts for the item you're buying from them. People need to be a man/woman of there word when selling items because you have to consider....the buyers are turning down better offers and if your requiring a deposit, that should be total confirmation from both parties that you have an agreement!! If you set a price...the key word is "set"! If you want an auction, don't accept any "security" deposit!!

I did receive a refund for the deposit this morning after I text and called yesterday to see what the status was (but didn't receive one back).

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc

Last edited by fab410; 10-11-2013 at 07:39 AM.
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS & 2001 Audi S4
There was an offer (to sell SC for $3k), acceptance (you stating to buy in writing), and consideration (your money for his SC). That's a legal contract. The issue is that he doesn't own the SC so may run into a roadblock if there isn't proof the actual owner gave him direct permission to sell it, and there is proof of communication between the owner and the friend of the $3k agreement etc.

Good luck to you sir, I hate scammers with a passion.

Edit: didn't see you got a refund, at least that's good but still sucks you're out for the other parts. If you could figure out who the actual owner is and get him to tell you in writing that he initially acknowledged and accepted the $500 +$2500 deal then you have a solid contract.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Thanks man, the crazy thing is the story sounded mixed up as if there was never no "friend". Seemed as if that was used in case a better offer presented itself. Not saying that's true but the money went to "the friend", not the actual so called person that owned the blower. I was just posting to tell people be aware and for the people actually selling items, BE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!! Its a biggggg inconvenience when you are setting up appointments and purchasing extra parts for something you "thought" you had a deal on and end up wasting money on those extra parts in the end. Or, you end up missing out on other deals because your being a man of your working thinking the seller is as well.

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
Old 10-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #4
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

oN3fastSS
Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Eric-MPD1.com

Drives: Cool parts for cool cars
Def not not how it should be, sorry

Love the color on the Camaro btw!
Eric-MPD1.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #6
Iroc2430
Smoke'm if you can

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS/LS3/M6
Sorry to hear you got screwed over on this scam. At least you have a phone number where you can contact the local authorities to press charges if you need to go that route. I hope you get you $$$ back and the ADMIN boots this A** off the forum. We don't need these scammers on here!
Texas Speed LT Headers with HF Cats, Borla ATAK Exhaust, MGW Short Throw Shifter, ADM CAI with Scoop, Elite Oil Catch Can, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Pedders XA Coilovers, Mantic Twin 9000 Clutch, PFADT Solid Subframe Bushings, PFADT Front & Rear Sways, PFADT Upper Control Arm Bushing, PFADT Trailing Arms/Tie Rods, Whiteline Adjustable End Links, Whiteline Adjustable Lower Control Arms, Pedders Diff Bushings, Line Lock, ACC Side Markers, ACC Reverse Lights, Custom Tune from Nitrous Express.
Iroc2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Stuff like that drives me nuts! A deal is a deal and the seller needs to stick to it.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #8
MileMAN402
RIP JoePa

Interesting how he had his own SLP2300 for sale back in March.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Thanks guys!
@mileman, I did find that odd. No pictures on the ad but pictures in his ad from march. The pictures he sent me looked like pictures of the same exact car he posted in March. I found a lot odd but I used PayPal to be on the safe side.

See

Old 10-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Lesson - NEVER count your chickens before they hatch. Until that blower got in your hot little hands, setting up appointments, etc., is pretty much a waste of time.

The deal about agreeing to one price, then trying to extort more because someone else offered more. That's a man NOT of his word, and should be shunned from any other dealings because that guy just does not get fair business practices. Fugg him. It's good to expose the liar for what he is.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Warning, be careful buying from On3fastSS!! Smh

You definitely live and you learn smh!!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
As big as this site is it is surprising that this does not happen more here. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
that's a very low person...
Turbonetics running 8lbs boost at 700rwhp tuned by Hi Rev, installed by K&M w/cat-muffler delete, ACS splitter, Fesler GFX, MPD1 spoiler, Custom painted Rally stripes, Cordon CR1 wheels 275/315s, Hotchkiss comp sways and end links, Barton shifter
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #14
Casper954

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I've had that done to me before but not on camaro5. People need to man up and once you made a deal with one person quit looking to find someone whose willing to pay more. Bad seller!

Appearance: Blacked out tail lights, Oracle Plasma fogs, SLP Carbon Fiber splitter, Carbon Fiber Hash Marks, Carbon Fiber ZL1 hood, 20" Giovanna Kilis rims, Eibach lowering springs

Performance: Straight-piped magnaflow exhaust, K&N intake
Casper954 is offline   Reply With Quote