Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
What's new for the V6 Guy's & Girls

Reading some of the news over in the V8 section.
The're getting a:
ZL1 580 hp monster,
And now the're getting a 1LE

What is Chevy got coming for the V6 Guy's and Girl's?
We would love to get better handling, brakes and power also.

Without having to get an SS.

Turbocharged/Supercharged V6
SS Brakes or the better CTS-V Brakes
SS FE4 / BMR / Pfadt Supension
Forged Wheels from the ZL1

And still be able to get great gas millage
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:48 PM   #2
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Factory forced induction would be cool... might see that after 2015 when the new standards take effect...

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
IMO better breaks and more torque down low would be a start...
Old 03-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
Down low for sure I hate having to rev so high to pick up we will see after trifecta tune and LT headers go on the mod list.
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
I don't know... but something tell me that we are going to see a 4 cylinder turbo camaro in the near future but not as very future as what GM is doing with the SS
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I retouched on this topic yesterday when i brought back one of my old poll threads. It seems that even Dodge is now offering a performance pack for its V6 and its much more than just nice decals lol. See this for more:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146176

At this point it wouldn't suprise me either way, whether we see a V6 performance package or not for the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I don't know... but something tell me that we are going to see a 4 cylinder turbo camaro in the near future but not as very future as what GM is doing with the SS
I have that feeling also, that the 6th gen may see a turbo 4, but not before then. I just really pray that they offer the V6 as well. The Alpha platform is already optimized for the V6, so I hope they decide to go forward with it in the 6th gen.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #7
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
but you know what tho keith... even if GM does decide to go with 4 cylinder turbo, I don't think it would be all that bad assuming that it will have a lighter body and within the competition's power figure. Just look at the genesis coupe for an example, they bumped the 4 cylinder to 274hp/275tq! It look like most mfg's are leaning towards 4 cylinder turbos with plenty of horses. Another good example and somewhat of a surprise to me would be the ford ST with 258hp! I would never have imagined that ford would get in 4 cylinder turbo game in the states. I guess all this make sense with our current oil problem. With gas price in the 4 bucks per gallon, a 4 cylinder turbo is not a bad thing.

I'm sure there will be those that will say a camaro is not a camaro unless it has a V8 and blah blah blah...I can care less about displacement, I am in it for the power. I don't see anything wrong with gas saving power either. If I can have the cake and eat it too..than that is a good day for me.

Whatever the case might be, I think is fair to say that the probability for factory forced induction 6 or 4 cylinder camaro is very very high.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #8
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Ehhh.....I will take the break in the new mods.....and save my wallet

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
but you know what tho keith... even if GM does decide to go with 4 cylinder turbo, I don't think it would be all that bad assuming that it will have a lighter body and within the competition's power figure. Just look at the genesis coupe for an example, they bumped the 4 cylinder to 274hp/275tq! It look like most mfg's are leaning towards 4 cylinder turbos with plenty of horses. Another good example and somewhat of a surprise to me would be the ford ST with 258hp! I would never have imagined that ford would get in 4 cylinder turbo game in the states. I guess all this make sense with our current oil problem. With gas price in the 4 bucks per gallon, a 4 cylinder turbo is not a bad thing.

I'm sure there will be those that will say a camaro is not a camaro unless it has a V8 and blah blah blah...I can care less about displacement, I am in it for the power. I don't see anything wrong with gas saving power either. If I can have the cake and eat it too..than that is a good day for me.

Whatever the case might be, I think is fair to say that the probability for factory forced induction 6 or 4 cylinder camaro is very very high.
and the 4 cylinder EcoBoost is supposed to end up in the Mustang also...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't have a real issue with a 4 cylinder in the Camaro and I wouldn't think any less of the people who own them. I'm sure a turbo 4 in a lighter chasis near 300 hp/tq would be as quick or quicker than a stock 2010 V6.

But I guess like SS owners, I'm growing very fond of the V6, the potential it has, and even the sounds it can make lol. I like taking an N/A engine and seeing what it can do. With the way these V6s are going, I can see a 6th gen V6 being somewhere between 330 to 350 hp stock and maybe near 300 tq. That sounds so exciting, and when you start to add the mods, oh man that really gets me all excited lol. I think pushing a turbo 4 to those levels would be really pushing the envelope past what is considered safe.

I guess taking a turbo car and just simply tuning in another xx hp and calling it a day doesn't give me the same feeling of accomplishment in my build...even though it may be just as fun to drive. scrming and other turbo guys here, don't take that the wrong way as these turbo cars are incredible no doubt about that.

I guess it all boils down to the car itself. If it weights in the 3,400 or less range with a good transmission a turbo 4 might be a good performer. Weight above that, I want a V6 or that turbo 4 is going to have to be pushing HIGH torque numbers for me to really want it.

Am I wrong? Make me see the light lol.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
As much as I dont want to say this, I still cant see a Turbo 4 in the Camaro, ironic since I drive a 6. Guess I have to open up to the idea, but I feel like if I wanted the Turbo4, id go for a Cobalt SS, not really a Camaro.
I mean think about it, the Camaro gets great gas milage as it is, in the city, the SS does pretty well and even matches the city mpg of the v6 because it doesnt have to work as hard to move around. Imagine a turbo 4, it would definitly have to work harder in the city to get moving around.
Now the idea of ecoboost 6 in the mustang, twin turbo v6 in the Camaro is a great one. Get all the great mpg we have, with the added power to make these things move.
I dont see a 4cyl turbo in the Camaro until the 6th gen...sadly I think it will come up then.
I know they claim there was a 4 cylinder in the prototype 5th gens doing testing but they realized it wasnt feasable, this was obviously years ago but figured id throw that in there.
All in all I guess i have to grow into accepting the 4cyl in the Camaro since its pretty much bound to happen.
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
If they don't offer a performance V6 within the next two years I'll be trading in for a V8 (1LE or ZL1 depending on finances). I've stopped modding my V6 as far as performance even though I barely got started (Trifecta is only mod) since that is lost money in my eyes if I plan on getting a V8 within the next two years.

I wish the RS package would've been more than an appearance package.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote