Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Hydrodip help need opinions

So i have got a quote for hydrodiping my interior pieces; door panels, dash trim, speedo bezel, steering wheel bezel and shifter housing all for 275 i think thats a pretty good price.

so heres my questions:

1. When they dip the shifter bezel does the gauge pod come out? or is it all one piece i would think the water would mess the gauges up or something.

2. Should i get Black carbon fiber or they said they could do a victory red with a black background carbon fiber or vice versa i think that would set off my interior but not sure about it i have always wanted some color in there besides the gray interior

3. When i remove the steering wheel bezel im going to have to disconnect the battery and airbag im guessing its ok to leave the airbag off for a couple days he said it would take them 2 or 3 days to complete just dont wanna mess anything up

any help is appreciated and if anyone has got some work like this done please post pics i would like to see what is looks like finished and i will post pics when its done hopefully next week

BTW my car is victory red with black accents on the outside taillight bezels camaro lettering and bowties and my interior is the dark gray leather

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Hired Gun
Wild Man

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I will keep an eye on this thread. I am interested in doing something to. Who is doing your work if you dont mind me asking.
2010 Camaro Black with White Stripes, Jannetty Racing Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, Long Tube Headers, GMPP Axel Back, Emblem Pros Custom "VOODOO" Under hood Bow tie, Chrome Gill Inserts, HUD plate, Sparks Performance White SS front and rear Plate MPD-1 Spoiler
Hired Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
1badtie

J and I truck accessories in Atkins AR good people ive done a ton of business with them

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
Old 09-08-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badtie View Post
So i have got a quote for hydrodiping my interior pieces; door panels, dash trim, speedo bezel, steering wheel bezel and shifter housing all for 275 i think thats a pretty good price.

so heres my questions:

1. When they dip the shifter bezel does the gauge pod come out? or is it all one piece i would think the water would mess the gauges up or something.

2. Should i get Black carbon fiber or they said they could do a victory red with a black background carbon fiber or vice versa i think that would set off my interior but not sure about it i have always wanted some color in there besides the gray interior

3. When i remove the steering wheel bezel im going to have to disconnect the battery and airbag im guessing its ok to leave the airbag off for a couple days he said it would take them 2 or 3 days to complete just dont wanna mess anything up

any help is appreciated and if anyone has got some work like this done please post pics i would like to see what is looks like finished and i will post pics when its done hopefully next week

BTW my car is victory red with black accents on the outside taillight bezels camaro lettering and bowties and my interior is the dark gray leather
1) yes the gauges can come off.

2) black in my opinion, but if you want some color go for the VR

3) yes you can leave the airbag off, but that's a safety concern. So it's up to you. Be sure to wait 15-20 minutes after you disconnect the battery for all power to drain off.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #5
1badtie

thinking on just going with the black carbon fiber

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
black CF would look best IMO
Old 09-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
2010camarolt

Drives: Victory Red 1LT
interested in this too, cant decide if i should paint them black or get them hydrodiped in black CF
Old 09-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
1badtie

im dropping them off monday for a black carbon fiber

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Old 09-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
Aries240SS

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Camaro, 1995 LSX 240SX
please post pictures of the results
I'd like to do this with all of my grey interior plastics
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #10
tonytahoe

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS
Hydrodipping

I would be intrested in the Black Carbon too on my '11 triple black convertible.Do you have a phone number for these guys.I would like to call them to get a turn around time Thanks,Tony--
tonytahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
does anybody know of a shop on the west coast doing this? hmmm
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #12
1badtie

yes ill post up pics when i get them back taking out all of the pieces tonight ill get a number when i stop by there tomorrow morning also

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Old 09-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #13
japitzer

Drives: 2016 Red hot Camaro, miss my 2012
I have a dumb question, what is hyrocoating or hydro dipping????
japitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:42 PM   #14
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by japitzer View Post
I have a dumb question, what is hyrocoating or hydro dipping????

to the OP- what about your ABL? can the light show through the hydro dip or are you going to lose it?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote