Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-09-2009, 11:00 AM   #127
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner25 View Post
I must have missed something. What is the deal with the R6P?
The R6P code is a "pre-order price guarantee" which is mentioned as a FAIL because most dealers are not recognizing it. This is mostly because on the Camaro's window sticker, the MSRP price for the Camaro shows the new higher price and does not reflect the R6P code that it also has on the window sticker. The prices for the destination charge, IOM paint and vinyl stripe package went up as you know and GM advertised the pre-order price guarantee to death as an incentive for all of us to pre-order the Camaro. What it has become is just another way for the dealers to get charge more for the Camaro and get extra money since the dealer is re-reimbursed by GM the difference in price for all R6P code vehicles. I have wondered if after all this Government takeover, is there something that GM can do now to help out customers facing these bad dealers doing this today?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #128
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicSix6 View Post
No. I didn't see it offered for the psychiatrist option for whiney buyers that are spoiled and have nothing better to do but complain.
So communicating with your customers is a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The R6P code is a "pre-order price guarantee" which is mentioned as a FAIL because most dealers are not recognizing it. This is mostly because on the Camaro's window sticker, the MSRP price for the Camaro shows the new higher price and does not reflect the R6P code that it also has on the window sticker. The prices for the destination charge, IOM paint and vinyl stripe package went up as you know and GM advertised the pre-order price guarantee to death as an incentive for all of us to pre-order the Camaro. What it has become is just another way for the dealers to get charge more for the Camaro and get extra money since the dealer is re-reimbursed by GM the difference in price for all R6P code vehicles. I have wondered if after all this Government takeover, is there something that GM can do now to help out customers facing these bad dealers doing this today?
I think he was actually referring to the whole preorder program and not just the price protection aspect.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #129
sooner25

Drives: 1985 Iroc Z, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
So communicating with your customers is a bad thing?

I think he was actually referring to the whole preorder program and not just the price protection aspect.
no, no. Superman was right on in explaining what I needed to know. I'm expecting my car to be delivered this week, and thought that they just did away with the whole R6P code. I was going to be pissed if my car didn't have something distinguishing it as a pre-order.
sooner25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #130
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner25 View Post
no, no. Superman was right on in explaining what I needed to know. I'm expecting my car to be delivered this week, and thought that they just did away with the whole R6P code. I was going to be pissed if my car didn't have something distinguishing it as a pre-order.
Yeah, if you pre-ordered, on the window sticker as well as on the car itself there will be the R6p code there showing you were an early pre-order. No worries there. Just remember the destination charge, stripe package should be lower and the IOM paint should be free.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #131
jc97racing

Drives: 2010 rs (ordered) 07 tahoe
I don't care what color they are ...just build me a car! 2 LT/RS, ordered 12-17-08
jc97racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #132
MilotiNY

Drives: Volvo XC90
it doesn't look too bad. i would leave it like this. UNIQUE.
MilotiNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #133
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Really...the little red rings is what pushed you to get ALL that orange in the interior?

consult your physician...there's medication he can get you on...

Bringing us the best Camaro ever? = HUGE WIN (trumps all your fails...sorry)

Sometime with all these complaints about interior lighting, I wonder why some people are buying this car...

I'm getting it to drive the snot out of it....not look at interior lighting...
Lmao thanks for your advice. You know what, no one should be upset. Hey maybe they can give you a 3.6 DI engine in your SS and you shouldnt complain, just drive the snot out of it.
Yes i know its more dramatic then the rings, but what was somewhat promised, not being there is not really acceptable. THe red rings was actually a big part of why i bought the IO interior, it looked better and matched the IOM exterior and interior much better.
I paid for it, i figure i should get it. But Fbodfather ,made it clear why there will be blue rings. Am i happy with that, NO, but it cant be changed so i have accepted it. Atleast the 2LT can have the option. The only thing that they could have been done was to inform people earlier.
Dont come here saying how you dont know why some people buy this car, that just looks stupid on your part. People buy a car for the inside and out, what they pay for, they expect to get. Dont come here and shoot people down because they are upset because of a change that they did not know about until last minute.
Oh and about that medication...well i like this forum so i wont say anything...i just know a few place where you could put that
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #134
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Oh and about that medication...well i like this forum so i wont say anything...i just know a few place where you could put that
Bad policeman!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:48 AM   #135
Betterthanbad

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
it's kinda cool that I don't know if I'll get blue or red!!!! I ordered all black interior so it works either way!!!!!!!lol
Betterthanbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #136
Hylton

Okay - I talked to the supplier about the cluster and here's the cluster breakdown:

The ONLY car with IO interior that gets the red rings is the 2SS with US specs. ALL Canadian cars, all Middle Eastern cars and all V6 US cars get the cluster with the blue rings.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #137
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Shouldn't there be a member of the marketing/PR team assigned to be the community liaison?

welllllllllllll.........you may recall we were told that we did not cut back enough in terms of people and plants and such.......

sooooo.......that's what I'm trying to do on here.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #138
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
welllllllllllll.........you may recall we were told that we did not cut back enough in terms of people and plants and such.......

sooooo.......that's what I'm trying to do on here.........

And we sure do appreciate you doing so, Scott!
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #139
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
.....Although I probably would have still enjoyed the engine and brakes etc.
You're not kidding.......
Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #140
porscheis1

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Orange rings are for German cars like BMW. Blue rings are for American cars like Camaros. Stick with blue!
porscheis1 is offline   Reply With Quote