Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #44
msedbaue

Drives: 2009 Subaru WRX
Definition of a ricer according to www.urbandictionary.com

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

Haha always good for a laugh.
msedbaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #45
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by msedbaue View Post
Agreed, but I would subtract the typically Japanese! You can "rice" out any car really
It still is typically Japanesse cars. While I've seen some Cavaliers and Neons riced out, I've seen at least 10x as many Civics.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #46
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Is anyone bringing one to the C5Fest?
My friend is coming with his 06 STI but it's not stock.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #47
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Agreed, but I would subtract the typically Japanese! You can "rice" out any car really
You can "rice" out any car, however the riced out cars are mostly imports. Why do you think the term "rice" is applied to the cars? To spell it out for ya, the Americas aren't known for its rice.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
msedbaue

Drives: 2009 Subaru WRX
I realize this... I am just saying, you can rice out anything... you can rice our your chevy truck if you would care too. The term came from people starting with imports (civics and similar cars) but the definition has expanded. Thats all im saying
msedbaue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #49
SRM
New England Daily Driver

Drives: 2010 2SS RS CGM
I always owned american cars except my 07 WRX. I never considered that "rice" because I didn't add any "crap" to it.

Previous: 2010 2SS RS, 2007 WRX, 2000 Z28, and a few 2nd gen Fbodies...
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #50
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Seriously is there a way for a continous program to run in the background or have a setting to scan for the word "rice/ ricer", and block it from posts I have to read. Seriously, this crap can't get more stupid.
________
Easy vape digital

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:26 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #51
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
I always owned american cars except my 07 WRX. I never considered that "rice" because I didn't add any "crap" to it.
no need to add "crap" to those cars. they come fast outta the box, well the STI at least. dont know about the WRX's. how much of a step down are those from the STI?
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #52
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
I realize this... I am just saying, you can rice out anything... you can rice our your chevy truck if you would care too. The term came from people starting with imports (civics and similar cars) but the definition has expanded. Thats all im saying
We know that is applied to other vehicles now too. We are just saying that more often than not, a ricer will be an import.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #53
SRM
New England Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjf6866 View Post
no need to add "crap" to those cars. they come fast outta the box, well the STI at least. dont know about the WRX's. how much of a step down are those from the STI?
Not much, especially the 09+. My 07 was underrated from the factory. I knew it from day one after driving my LS1. There was no way that car only had the advertised 224hp and 226tq.

the 09+ WRX's are powerful, I don't know from experience but I'm sure others can chime in.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #54
SRM
New England Daily Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
We know that is applied to other vehicles now too. We are just saying that more often than not, a ricer will be an import.
It's funny though. The Imprezza's are now built in the US, and the Camaro's - are they still built in Canada?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #55
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phynyte View Post
So my co-worker found out that i'm getting a Camaro next month, probably because all I do is read this forum, and he wants to race me in his stock Subaru WRX. I know I have him on HP but i'm not sure if I can beat him. Any ideas?
As soon as you put 'em side by side the contest is over and you win !
Subaru ?!
No matter how fast that goes it's still an ugly , goofy Subaru , I wouldn't be caught dead in one . Your friend is just jealous . He could have had a Camaro .
Just kidding , but seriously do not street race ! The cost for bragging rights could get costly . Who cares who wins , look cool be cool .
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 AM   #56
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
The new 09 WRX is no joke.

0-60 4.7 seconds all day long and the 1/4 in 13.5 @102mph vs the Camaro's 0-60 in 5.9 and the 1/4 in 14.8 @94mph...... there's no way the camaro could win, not even from a roll.

09 WRX test http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test
Camaro test

Its not hard at all to get these times, just rev to 5200 slip the clutch for the first 10 feet and then fully out, and you only have to shift once to hit 60mph. My friend ran 13.8 his first time out and 13.4 the next time, it couldnt be any easier to run thoes times, no burn out, no wheel spin, no drama. Once you add a downpipe and a larger intercooler the WRX's can be tuned to 320whp.

Edmunds tested a 08 STI (slower then 09 wrx) vs Shelby GT here
This all with the 09 WRX? What does the STI do?
I love STIs, i hate the past two designs thought to be honest but they are amazing cars and sound GREAT
One of the guys at my summer job has 3 STIs, Blue, black and grey. He alternates every day too lol
Im not going to lie, im pretty disapointed that our V6 cant beat an 09 WRX.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote