Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
2010 Detroit Auto Show

I was up in Detroit over the past weekend and I had a chance to shoot some of the cars there. I love going to that show ever year!

Here are a few that I posted on my flickr site. Feel free to check them out and comment. - John

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4266631...7623243131256/

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
johndawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Nice, thanks for posting!
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Great shots!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Thanks johndawg,

Looking at the black Camaro, brings this question to mind, again. If GM doesn't offer a paint option for the ground effects, why do they paint them when they show them? Of course, I know you can get your dealer to paint them, I did. I just don't understand why they don't offer it as an option.

Nice pics!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
Thanks johndawg,

Looking at the black Camaro, brings this question to mind, again. If GM doesn't offer a paint option for the ground effects, why do they paint them when they show them? Of course, I know you can get your dealer to paint them, I did. I just don't understand why they don't offer it as an option.

Nice pics!
Also... the matte black rally stripes are not an option when ordering black! The car looks awesome in person! I think I am going to get the same stripes for my car soon.

However... the GFX looked great, but I was able to get real close to them and they felt kinda cheap. Like they really didn't 'fit' on the car. How do you like yours?

John

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
Old 01-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
thanks for the pics, so the stripes on the black camaro are matte black??? it would be interesting to see how the satin black transformers stripes would look on a black camaro.
dr damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
What camera did you use? These are very good shots!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFire View Post
What camera did you use? These are very good shots!

I have a Nikon D700... It's probably the best pro-sumer camera out there for the money.

A lot of those shots were at 1200+ ISO.

I'm pleased with the way most of the pics came out. I'm glad you guys like'em.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr damon View Post
thanks for the pics, so the stripes on the black camaro are matte black??? it would be interesting to see how the satin black transformers stripes would look on a black camaro.
yeah... I'm not sure how a black satin or gloss stripes would look on the black body. The matte really sets off on the gloss paint. It looks really good.

I would like to see the 'bumble bee' stripes in matte black that come below the mail slot. I like that look on the transformer version.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndawg View Post
Also... the matte black rally stripes are not an option when ordering black! The car looks awesome in person! I think I am going to get the same stripes for my car soon.

However... the GFX looked great, but I was able to get real close to them and they felt kinda cheap. Like they really didn't 'fit' on the car. How do you like yours?

John
Interesting. I only have 2 very minor gripes about my ground effects. I emphasize, my, ground effects because you would not find these issues with all ground effects. My exhaust pipes are not hung identically. It shows when you look through the ports of the ground effects. When the front piece of the ground effects were painted, I think they didn't realize a small strip of it would show, so they didn't sand it down. VERY minor. I used to perform final inspection on boats before they got shipped too, though. I catch this stuff very easily.

From washing and waxing, I have not had the impression of them feeling flimsy, or cheap. I'll quote a guy I met at Cars and Cafine, in Roswell (I see you are in Alpharetta) "The ground effects make the car." Now, they may not make the car, but I like the added look. I think it adds to the appearance.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #11
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
thanks for posting
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanvoice View Post
Interesting. I only have 2 very minor gripes about my ground effects. I emphasize, my, ground effects because you would not find these issues with all ground effects. My exhaust pipes are not hung identically. It shows when you look through the ports of the ground effects. When the front piece of the ground effects were painted, I think they didn't realize a small strip of it would show, so they didn't sand it down. VERY minor. I used to perform final inspection on boats before they got shipped too, though. I catch this stuff very easily.

From washing and waxing, I have not had the impression of them feeling flimsy, or cheap. I'll quote a guy I met at Cars and Cafine, in Roswell (I see you are in Alpharetta) "The ground effects make the car." Now, they may not make the car, but I like the added look. I think it adds to the appearance.
Yeah... I'm p1$$ed I missed the meet-up last weekend, but I think being at the car show made up for it.... mentally

I'd love to take a look at your car someday. I've been thinking about GFX since I got it!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:23 PM   #13
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
awesome pics man, Synergy green is awesome, the limitations on the color...not soo much
Great pics!
The black SS with painted GFX and flat black stripe(?) looks MEAN!
Thanks for the pics
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 PM   #14
johndawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
awesome pics man, Synergy green is awesome, the limitations on the color...not soo much
Great pics!
The black SS with painted GFX and flat black stripe(?) looks MEAN!
Thanks for the pics
thanks!

yeah... those flat/matte black stripes looked great! I'm pretty sure that's my next update. I'd say mod, but vinyl stickers isn't much of a mod.