Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-20-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
balthazar

Drives: Black 2SS/RS w/Ground Effects
Second ticket in three weeks.

F'ing fantastic...

Don't do 3/4 throttle in 2nd gear, thats rapid acceleration.

I'm not trying to say I hit a hard 1-2 shift, I was in first, normally shifting into second, once I hit second I got into it a little, hit the brakes.

So then when I say "huh" genuinely surprised thats what hes giving me a ticket for..."ok..." comes back with 15 over.

Was I doing 15 over? No. Did he know that. Yes. Did he also know there is no way I'm risking points so I'll just fix it. Yes.

Mother F'ER.

Just, don't do anything. Don't make ANY noise from your tires. Friend got popped for that (I was in the car, he SCRATCHED the tires, no burnout, just, scratched them). Don't make a lot of exhaust noise, ticket for that. Don't accelerate...rapidly...nice and arbitrary. Ticket for that. Two other people have gotten tickets for 5 over, I got popped for a speed trap a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty well GD sick of it at this point...literally, if they don't like ANYTHING about you, there is something to give you a ticket for.

Rapid acceleration...oooook...

You know the crap part is, I can't 100% blame them. Enough utter jackasses drive like COMPLETE a-holes...combine that with the state gov pissing money away for decades until they are all broke...hell, why not.

The incentive to NOT be an utter moron like everyone else is pretty low. You still get smacked down...might as well deserve it.

</pissed off rant>
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
how many points you got now?
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
balthazar

0, all fixed.

I`m not fighting it and risking points
Old 04-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I've been hearing a lot of rumors floating around that says that the police in cash-strapped states are being told to give no leeway in any infraction. You go 66 in a 65 and you get nabbed. They need the money.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Two choices here.

1) Don't speed and take it easy for a while
2) Get a radar detector

edit: 3 choices actually

3) Keep getting tickets
Old 04-21-2010, 12:13 AM   #6
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
man sounds like the ass backwards cops out here in Cali that are giving people up to 3 tickets for one offense. My friend got tagged with failure to yield, and unsafe driving for now stopping at a stop sign while taking a turn (admittedly he didnt stop and blasted through the sign)
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:01 AM   #7
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
That's what you get for living in freakin' misery...er Missouri.

Major cities care far less about that kinda BS. They will still use that if they are bored at night...but usually, they're only looking for the ones driving like jack-holes.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
just get somethin that cant go over 60 and accelerates to 60 in 1 minute!

easy solution
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #9
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Yep, that's county cops for you. Bored with nothing to do other than give people a hard time.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 AM   #10
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
Didn't take long for this rhetoric to get posted, now did it.
Well what the hell did he hope to gain by whining about speeding tickets he was responsible for. Rhetoric my ass. It is the friggin law!
Indescent_Exposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #11
balthazar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indescent_Exposure View Post
Well what the hell did he hope to gain by whining about speeding tickets he was responsible for. Rhetoric my ass. It is the friggin law!
Hey, now that you've posted your opinion. I'd like to direct you to the part where I WASN'T doing 15 over. And where I got that because when he came up with the "rapid acceleration ticket" and I looked at him kinda dumbfounded and said "huh" and didn't just snatch the ticket and say "thank you" (which I normally do btw, I even wrote a letter after being pulled over for expired plates once because the cop was so damned cool about it).

Let me know how the adult illiteracy classes go.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #12
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by balthazar View Post
Eat me.

Which is more of a reply than you are worth.
Like I give a damn what you reply to. Pay your dues/tickets, stop whining, and obey traffic laws. The "Sympathy Train" was decommissioned a long time ago, genius.

Do you understand why police "quotas" are in place? The politicians of the town you had the infraction in TELL the police officers that if they don't figure out a way to assign tickets to those even remotely disobeying the law, they would lose vacation time, and other perks officers would normally get or expect to receive. Why do them any favors? Is there a problem with my grammar too? Is the guilt too much for you to bear?
Old 04-21-2010, 01:21 AM   #13
PbFoot

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Camaro
As a college grad applying to a county police department, I must say I find threads like this where people bash county police officers quite frustrating. Not to single out the OP of this thread, but in general people like to blow things out of proportion as far as how the cop treated them. I've gotten pulled over for BS things in my Camaro as well as in my Cobalt SS/SC. It happens. To be honest, you should be glad the police are proactive in your community- one day if you need their help, you'll be glad you have such an active police department to rely on. Please respect those who risk their lives daily for your safety
Old 04-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #14
Indescent_Exposure
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot View Post
As a college grad applying to a county police department, I must say I find threads like this where people bash county police officers quite frustrating. Not to single out the OP of this thread, but in general people like to blow things out of proportion as far as how the cop treated them. I've gotten pulled over for BS things in my Camaro as well as in my Cobalt SS/SC. It happens. To be honest, you should be glad the police are proactive in your community- one day if you need their help, you'll be glad you have such an active police department to rely on. Please respect those who risk their lives daily for your safety
+1000000

Well said!