Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #15
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I have a dual gauge pillar pod and I like it a lot. I don't really notice it, but it's easy to glance over to check it when I want to.

My only concern is that when I go to put a cage in the car, I'm not sure I'll be able to keep it.

I do wish I had gotten a digital boost gauge instead of analog. It is much easier to read a digital gauge with a quick glance.

Here is a picture (the wideband was running it's start up test when I took the pic.)
This is IPS Motorsports pillar pod and the gauges are Autometer Cobalt gauges.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
The beginning of the vid shows my gauge setup. I agree with the others about not being able to look at them under wot, but very useful on the dyno or if you have a brave copilot

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #17
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
The beginning of the vid shows my gauge setup. I agree with the others about not being able to look at them under wot, but very useful on the dyno or if you have a brave copilot

Thats just what I need...a co-pilot. I can see ECS Matt's big goofy ass telling me, " Hey, maybe you should stop, the car is about to blow up!" But it would make for an interesting 1/4 pass!

Black10, Don't you guys use the dyno itself instead of the gauges most of the time?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Thats just what I need...a co-pilot. I can see ECS Matt's big goofy ass telling me, " Hey, maybe you should stop, the car is about to blow up!" But it would make for an interesting 1/4 pass!

Black10, Don't you guys use the dyno itself instead of the gauges most of the time?
Always use the dyno, but use the wideband and fp gauges in the car to verify what the readings are. We sometimes film the gauges so we can go back and compare since the wideband is further upstream. Just for cool looking backup

Btw, i dont like being a copilot!
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.w View Post
I fitted an Autometer Air Fuel and a Vacuum Boost in pods on the hood. I made some brackets that clamp up with grub screws under the lip of the hood and stick down with decal tape. No holes required so I can remove them with no sign that they have been there. I've also made a neat painted cover for the cables and hose so you cant see the flexible conduit now.

They are in the perfect position ... just to the left of the heads-up right in my line of vision.

Love your gauges.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:41 PM   #20
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSpeedFreak View Post
Love your gauges.
Thanks!

I know this look is not for everyone ... but I have been doing this to my muscle cars since the early 80's back in Australia. I love the old school meets new school look ... which is why I love the gen 5 camaro so much. It was just begging for this retro addition IMO.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #21
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Just finished remounting my gauges with the cable cover I made (out of a regular old recessed sliding door handle from Lowes that I filled holes, cut, filed, sanded, painted). You can see it sitting between the brackets ... hides the cables nicely as they go behind the hood.

Here's my view ... perfect positioning

simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #22
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
hood pod is how my GN is...love it. I just didn't do it on the Camaro. I have a plx dm6 gauge in my dash vent and a SCT to datalog along with a kiwi wifi to my apple device of choice. I have a innovative lm1 I bounce car to car on a cig lighter plug.