Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #701
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
They wont. They already confirmed it is still coming with every X1 after they said it is no longer required to play.
They also said that turning off always on is not a decision that can be made by "flipping a switch". 2 days later they flipped the switch
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #702
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Microsoft has another press conference tomorrow with supposedly big news. Who knows at this point.
I can't seem to find anything about this..... Is it still going to happen?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #703
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I can't seem to find anything about this..... Is it still going to happen?
The first day of Gamescom's about to wrap up with Phil Spencer's keynote, which is taking place from 7pm local time - and that translates to 6pm BST in the UK. After the stealth conference Microsoft held yesterday it's fair not to expect much in the way of news, but after Andrew House's pointed dig at the Xbox One's more fluid policies we may at least get a little corporate fisticuffs. There's no stream, unfortunately, so Martin Robinson will be here to fill in the details. And if all else fails he'll be sure to fill you in on the interior decor of the Tanzbrunnen in which the keynote's taking place. It'll be fun!

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...mescom-keynote

First thing that came up on google
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #704
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Don't worry. They'll announce the $399 bundle without kinect any day now. By the time release day comes around it'll just be a more powerful xbox 360. No new features just like the ps4.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #705
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
As far as an X1 without a Kinect goes it has been confirmed that it won't happen. Here you go

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-games-charge/

A quick word on Kinect - I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it. You are doing this for developer-related reasons as much as your own. You want all developers to know that they can always implement Kinect technology because it always comes with every system. Would that be correct?

Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.

What we have shown really well at Gamescom is the magic of games that use Kinect. We have shown the power of voice control. I'm probably going to piss off your readers unintentionally when I say this; I have an Xbox One at home, and being able to walk in and say "Xbox on", and for the system to recognise me, launch and load my profile, and put my choices of content on the font page is a very magical experience. It makes you think about your relationship with technology in a slightly different way. It's personal. It makes you think, I wish more devices would do this.
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #706
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
As far as an X1 without a Kinect goes it has been confirmed that it won't happen. Here you go

A quick word on Kinect - I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it. You are doing this for developer-related reasons as much as your own. You want all developers to know that they can always implement Kinect technology because it always comes with every system. Would that be correct?

Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.

What we have shown really well at Gamescom is the magic of games that use Kinect. We have shown the power of voice control. I'm probably going to piss off your readers unintentionally when I say this; I have an Xbox One at home, and being able to walk in and say "Xbox on", and for the system to recognise me, launch and load my profile, and put my choices of content on the font page is a very magical experience. It makes you think about your relationship with technology in a slightly different way. It's personal. It makes you think, I wish more devices would do this.
This is such a stupid move...
Old 08-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #707
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:

Good. Its time to move forward with technology.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #708
mikeyg36

Derrick is looking forward to the Zumba dance super workout
Old 08-21-2013, 01:29 PM   #709
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
This is such a stupid move...
On the contrary I think it is a brilliant move. Create a whole new different level of immersion when playing games since MS can guarantee a kinect with every system for the developers.

Example being zombies in DR3 are able to hear you if your too loud, being able to lean to peek around a corner, horror survival games knowing when to change the tone of music since it can detect your heart rate. Possibilities are endless
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #710
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Quote:
Derrick is looking forward to the Zumba dance super workout
I gotta get my zumba on man, naked.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #711
mikeyg36

Quote:
On the contrary I think it is a brilliant move. Create a whole new different level of immersion when playing games since MS can guarantee a kinect with every system for the developers.

Example being zombies in DR3 are able to hear you if your too loud, being able to lean to peek around a corner, horror survival games knowing when to change the tone of music since it can detect your heart rate. Possibilities are endless
And it also drives people away to don't want to spend an extra $100 on something they don't want. If they want Kinect that bad they should take a loss and sell it at $400. That way people see it as a great value and they out sell PS4 by a huge margin.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #712
ShnOmac

Quote:

Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #713
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
And it also drives people away to don't want to spend an extra $100 on something they don't want. If they want Kinect that bad they should take a loss and sell it at $400. That way people see it as a great value and they out sell PS4 by a huge margin.
But then developers might not be as motivated to use the Kinect, if they don't think many people have them.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #714
ShnOmac

Quote:

It is PART of the system not a extra device.