Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #1
Blackandwhite

Drives: 2015 Camaro ZL1
Turn Signal Sidemarker light problem

My passenger side front turn signal and front sidemarker lamp stay on ALL THE TIME. Even when ignition is off, all auto lights are off, tried every mode on the switch. replaced the turn signal bulb multiple times. I know it's a DRL and stays on when the car is ON, but even when my car is OFF, it still stays on, while my driver side one goes off. I removed both bulbs a few weeks ago and i asked a few shops and they had no clue and my friend said the dealer wouldn't know much either, as he used to work there. I don't know what to do. i have a 2012 LS camaro. I had HIDS and also had LED turn signals that i took out. The side that's having the problem, did have an LED turn signal burn out, and then went to replace it, and the new one stayed lit the entire time. I don't know what's wrong. I checked all fuses and everything looked fine. There's no visible evidence of wire or wire fraying or any exposed wire anywhere. The turn signal socket looks brand new. PLEASE HELP ME.
Blackandwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:27 AM   #2
Blackandwhite

Bump
Old 11-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Your back feeding power, what mods did you do to the car?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Blackandwhite

I bought HID's from XenonSupply. I put them in myself. I had no problems when i had them years ago, but recently i had to get a new harness because my brights would not work with my HIDS in, so the upgraded harness let me switch the Connectors that supplied the signals from my factory head light socket. So i had to mess around with the connectors until my brights worked, and they did, but at first they projected downwards, and i finally got them to project up, but then the actual bulbs wouldnt stay in my housings. so i just took it all out, and put in my stock yellow h13 bulbs. i also had some LED turn signals, forgot the brand. :\
Old 11-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #5
Blackandwhite

I also have a 2,000 watt sub system with an extra car battery all on my stock alternator. but the shop and myself lowered my gain and settings on my amp and nothing happened :\
Old 11-11-2014, 05:25 AM   #6
Blackandwhite

bump
Old 11-11-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
To me it sounds like you still have something powering the light, what it may be from here is hard to tell, did you live a load resister in there some where?
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #8
Blackandwhite

I just asked the guy if he had a resistor in there and he doesn't remember. I assume he put one on the wires somewhere. I'm going to have another guy backtrace the whole install and find it. If its not fixed i'll be back next week. Thank you for answering me.

Tags
confused, light bulb, problem, stays on, turn signal