Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
delius
David Hayter

Drives: F-body
Secret for Auto Shows

Alright...well...I was at the Michigan Automotive Convention today...even though it doesnt start till tommorrow at 11 AM

I was thinkin to myself... It prolly takes more than a couple of hours to get all the cars into the rooms...they might have the camaro though so i can peek at it through the outside glass...

Well..my presumptions were true...they had every car that was supposed to be there on thursday already there and open for everyone to see from the outside...well on my job...i look like a maintanence guy for a building...its fire retardant and is just dark navy blue. And it says electrician on the back. So i kinda look like i need to be there...well i used this to my advantage. Apparently...the day before the convention officially started..there was some kinda of invitation only for the show. And these people arent average everyday people...these are the kind with the tuxedos and the fake girlfriends and hang around ferraris and lambos all day. SO pretty much..all the domestic car brands were empty while all the italians got the pre-show love.

WEEELLLLL....

There it was...a victory red LS Camaro...right next to a ZR1 Vette. omg i think i heard god turn on "Lets get it on" by marvin gaye over the intercom.

AND...i was the only one there in that room....i've heard all the long wait stories...so i knew i had got really lucky.

I opened that door sooo slowly...made sure my fingers didnt touch the body and used my shirt to hold the handle...i gently pulled the body-colored handle and watched my own little personal pandora's box be opened.

When i sat in that car...i cannot begin to explain on what i felt. First of all the car's seating position is superb...it sucks you in and comfortably.

I am 6 2 and the car still has ample room for my head and legs.

Secondly, the console and the door armrest are extremely well placed and your shoulders are kinda supported by the console and armrest..but not to the point of that exhausting throbbing pain you can get after you drive alot.

Unfortuneatly it wasnt a stick...but it was still awesome.

It was vic red with the black heritage wheels.

Lol...there was a buggatti veyron in the main hall that i didn't even notice until i left because i caught a glimpse of victory red right when i entered

BTW...

If any of you guys are near Grand Rapids, MI

Go check it out from this Thurs to Sun.

And yes i know some of you might scream...pics or it didn't happen

Well seeing how i wasn't supposed to be there, adding a flashing camera to the only person in the GM area would only cause suspicion. And btw...i also sat in the 2010 mustang....all i have to say is bleh. Its the SAME CAR...on the outside atleast. Really all they did was round out the edges.

But the other car that deserved respect was a 69 Judge sitting about 3 cars down from the veyron...but of course...i was the only one droolin over it while all the "Cool" people were busy pretending over by the italians.

Anyways check it out...please go to the nearest show if your paitience is wearing thin...this will renew your enthusiasm for the car and only convince you to wait another a year if you have to.

I want my camaro....NOOOOOOOOOOW!!! /turn yellow
delius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow that is an awesome story! I had pretty much the exact feeling when I sat in the Camaro for the first time too!(tho I went during the actual show lol) I was smiling for several days afterwards and just could not stop thinking about it.

And I agree with ya again on the Stang, a little nicer but still meh, inside and out.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
lol sorry but I don't believe you.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
evalentin32

Drives: 2000 CELICA and 1977 Corvette
Send a message via AIM to evalentin32
that was a beutiful story, i turned off the lights and lit a candle getting lost in it like sebastian in the never ending story.. lol haha wish that was me I can't wait to get the chance to sit in and close the door.
evalentin32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 AM   #5
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
"And yes i know some of you might scream...pics or it didn't happen"

You know us pretty well.....
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #6
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by delius View Post
...omg i think i heard god turn on "Lets get it on" by marvin gaye over the intercom...

Hey man, you didn't leave any clearglide in the tail pipe did you?
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:15 AM   #7
Scooter

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Great story & good info, I am the same height.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #8
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Pics or it didn't happen! Haha jk that's sweet man.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #9
a6pk2go

Drives: ...
Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do. Great story.
a6pk2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
LOL dont let Scott catch ya
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Only the security cameras can prove it.

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #12
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
the shows around here you can get a hold of them before hand & offer to stand doors or work the groups & they will let you in a couple day a head of time.

Or get there when they are unloading cars & with scotts help hang out with him & get to see the cars in close person lol

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
good post, glad to hear your experience, in case the LS isn't in Chicago next weekend, I lived it through you.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #14
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
What do you mean "shoulders are kinda supported by the console and arm rest"? Does that mean it has little shoulder room? That is a big sticking point for me as I have really broad shoulders.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote