Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #2871
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
God bless the USA....and our ability to defend against all enemy's foreign and DOMESTIC

The old dudes back in the 18th century knew what they were doing. It was not about HUNTING for Christ's sake (sorry Jesus!, maybe if more people believed)

We have AR's and 30 round Magazines (they are not clips for ****s sake) to protect this land against tyrants!!!!!!! That's why!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!! WHAT IS UNCLEAR????

**** I HAVE A HEAD ACHE!!!!!!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #2872
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I'm sorry, but that's not true. Sig makes a CT compliant AR style rifle.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...-ny-model.aspx

So do a couple other companies I believe, but I knew Sig for sure.
Here's there AR law:

Sec. 53-202c. Possession of assault weapon prohibited. Class D felony
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #2873
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
God bless the USA....and our ability to defend against all enemy's foreign and DOMESTIC

The old dudes back in the 18th century knew what they were doing. It was not about HUNTING for Christ's sake (sorry Jesus!, maybe if more people believed)

We have AR's and 30 round Magazines (they are not clips for ****s sake) to protect this land against tyrants!!!!!!! That's why!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!! WHAT IS UNCLEAR????

**** I HAVE A HEAD ACHE!!!!!!
hearing the media use the word "clips" is about to drive me freaking bonkers.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #2874
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Aren't automatic weapons already banned? Why don't people see the gun wasn't the problem here. It could of been a chainsaw, a knife, a anything. Shit, he could have driven that car through the building and killed 26 people.

In some states yes, you can not sell, buy, transfer, etc. CA is one of them. The only exception is if you own a armored car company or own a movie prop company. Then you are allowed with a license to have the good stuff. However, in most other states, all fully-autos are considered NFA items and are registered after the ban. In some state they still allow you to sell, buy, and transfer but they are generally only affordable to the upper class. The last time I've seen a fully automatic AR-15 for sale, it ran in the range of $18,000. What the law did was made it a rich man's sport than a sport available to all men. Also the background check on them is a VERY extensive check. I have heard people waiting half a year before they are cleared. Also you need to pay a $200 federal tax stamp every year to own one I believe. Like I said....rich man's sport now.

And I forgot to add, yes they are "banned". Since 1986, I believe the NFA registry has been closed so anything out there is all there is available to collectors.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:16 AM   #2875
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrracing97 View Post
Okay now go ahead and ban me for all I really care but I was trained by our Military and although the thought of lots of bullets in your rifle is awsome, I was taught one bullet was all it took so why the need for 30 or 50 round magazines let alone a 200 round drum, we going to war because honestly thats the only time I needed mine. Just saying and voicing my opinion. Do I own a rifle? Several and one is a semi automatic that Canada is now trying to ban or put on the restricted weapons list and I am fine with it as I have my proper permits and am happy to say that it does only take one round to shoot what I aim at. Just a humble Vetern's opinion.
Cheers,
Jim

Well then good for you. You keep your mind on Canadian affairs and we'll keep our mind on American affairs. Just because you don't mind your government chipping away at your natural born right to self defense doesn't mean the rest of us don't. You won't understand the need for standard capacity magazines and I don't blame you. You have no duty to understand the foundation of this great country and how it was formed. If you did, you wouldn't have the viewpoint that you do now.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 AM   #2876
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Here's there AR law:

It is necessary to know the legal definition of 'assault weapon' in CT, and if they differentiate between that and 'assault rifle'. For all I know, they mean fully automatic weapons by that definition
Old 12-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #2877
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
You have a nice collection going there! 223 is a nice rifle for young and old.
What is that 22 pistol?

We will have to get together sometime... We were going to shoot monday, but I don't know yet. If we do you're welcome to come out. 20 miles instead of 90, and a few pistols you can try out.

The Stag wasn't mine. Both my kids train in the Winchester Youth Marksmanship Program. One of the mentors brought that in for the kids to use. Also that M&P 22 wasn't mine either. Someone at my range had it and let my daughter try it. The pistol in the picture with my daughter and the M&P 22 was my Ruger Hunter MKIII
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #2878
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Anyone else buying nra memberships for friends and family as a stocking stuffer ? I know I am.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #2879
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
Anyone else buying nra memberships for friends and family as a stocking stuffer ? I know I am.
Great idea!

<--- Check out the new avatar

This one was too small to read
Old 12-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #2880
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Chuck Woolery saving the Constitution one amendment at a time!

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #2881
Mr Twisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
Chuck Woolery saving the Constitution one amendment at a time!
"The real assault weapon is the liberal media." He nailed that!

A person needs to be very careful what he says and does..... It could easily be construed as waging war against the citizens of America.

WE THE PEOPLE... will defend our nation against ALL enemies... both foreign and domestic!

..... seems I've read that someplace before .....

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 12-22-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #2882
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Here's there AR law:

Yes. And you don't know enough about weapons to know why this particular type of "assault rifle" is legal, so let me explain.

" (3) Any semiautomatic firearm not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection that meets the following criteria:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least TWO of the following:

(i) A folding or telescoping stock;

(ii) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(iii) A bayonet mount;

(iv) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and

(v) A grenade launcher"

The pistol grip is part one that causes that style of AR to be considered an Assault Weapon. So all it needs is to meet one more requirement. However, the sig does NOT have a telescoping or folding stock, it does not have a flash suppressor or bayonet mount, and it does not have a threaded barrel/flash suppressor. So this weapon does not meet the requirements by CT state law to be considered an Assault Weapon. It IS legal.

Edit: I realize that came off kind of snotty. Not my intention...
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #2883
Mr Twisty

What did the kid have I wonder?
Old 12-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #2884
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
What did the kid have I wonder?
I can't find the model of it, but I would imagine it was bought to CT standards. They didn't say the weapon was illegally owned.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun