Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 12-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Free Shipping to The Great White North

After calling some of the local pro-shops, I'm become very disheartened with the pricing. Seems we're being gouged cause the shops are not keeping up with the exchange rate??

Anyways, I found this site. Still a US online retailer, but they have free shipping to most of Canada.

Check it out. Anyone have experience with this outfit?

http://www.magnaflowstop.com/information

Tom
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #2
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Just remember that even if they ship for free you still might have to pay duties and handling charges depending on how the item is shipped. Using the post office is always your best bet.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
Just remember that even if they ship for free you still might have to pay duties and handling charges depending on how the item is shipped. Using the post office is always your best bet.
Using the postal service will not allow you to by-pass duty charges. Although they have the cheapest brokerage and handling rates by far. UPS is the worst I've seen.

If they're offering free shipping it's probably economy ground shipping, which is fine. If that's the case you s/b able to convince them to do it through USPS.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #4
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
it says in the Taxes area, that they have a warehouse in Canada, so duties probably wont come into effect. but the prices are in US dollars. here it is below

Taxes

There are no state sales tax when shopping at MagnaflowStop. Canadian residents will be charged 5% GST. Ontario residents will be charged 5% GST and 8% PST. Maritime residents, will be charged 13% HST. In addition to our US warehouses, we have a warehouse in Canada meaning that you do not have to pay any customs or brokerage fees.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Avalnch

That's right. No duties, but since the exhaust is fabricated in the US, there would be no duties, however, if it was shipped from the US, you'd have to pay brokerage, which is bad too.

BUT, as Victoryred points out, they state that they ship within Canada, so for us in BC, it's a pretty good deal since we don't have to pay PST!

After calling around, I found that you can save upto $250, depending on which make/model you get.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Davenport

Drives: 2016 with, Magnuson Heartbeat, FF15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
After calling some of the local pro-shops, I'm become very disheartened with the pricing. Seems we're being gouged cause the shops are not keeping up with the exchange rate??

Anyways, I found this site. Still a US online retailer, but they have free shipping to most of Canada.

Check it out. Anyone have experience with this outfit?

http://www.magnaflowstop.com/information

Tom
That's odd, I compared three part #'s, two 2010 Camaro systems, and a Avalanche system. On all three our prices are less in Canadian funds. We're in Calgary but from my quick comparison I think we'd still be cheaper with shipping. PM me with the part #'s you're interested in, I'll give it my best shot.
Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #7
Avalnch

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenport View Post
That's odd, I compared three part #'s, two 2010 Camaro systems, and a Avalanche system. On all three our prices are less in Canadian funds. We're in Calgary but from my quick comparison I think we'd still be cheaper with shipping. PM me with the part #'s you're interested in, I'll give it my best shot.
Thanks, I would much rather deal with a Canadian distributor. I will contact you in the new year about a Borla and CAI system. Bolra's the unit that I'd prefer cause it's made of 304SS. BTW, can you get the Volant Power Core system?
Old 12-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian GP View Post
YEP! If they UPS it be prepared to pay $40 for the recieving at your end. UPS will charge you a brokerage fee. Total BS!
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
Davenport

Quote:
Thanks, I would much rather deal with a Canadian distributor. I will contact you in the new year about a Borla and CAI system. Bolra's the unit that I'd prefer cause it's made of 304SS. BTW, can you get the Volant Power Core system?
Sounds good! Yes, we are a Volant distributor, we stock the truck systems, and will be getting some Camaro systems in the new year.

Last edited by Davenport; 12-23-2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
it says on the website they have a warehouse in canada//i guess toronto// so that's why the free shipping. the price is adjusted in the price of the exhaust.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #11
Avalnch

The previous poster bring another item to mind. Anyone installed the Hurst short-throw shifter? Where'd you get it from?
Old 12-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #12
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
The last thing I brought in "Properly" is my MPD spoiler. I have bought some more stuff and all came in under the radar. I dont care Im not paying a ridiculous amount of gov BS for car parts especially because canada has almost nothing here. I feel no guilt at all because I feel its a huge scam. If it was a few bucks ok but when it gets to your door and you pay up to an additional 50% on what the actual price is thats shit.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #13
Davenport

Quote:
The previous poster bring another item to mind. Anyone installed the Hurst short-throw shifter? Where'd you get it from?
We've got a couple of them in stock. Haven't installed yet but hopefully soon.