Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #183
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
I already have a bunches of parts and accesories ready

First week I get it I already set up to take it to Wilwood engenering to get tye big brake kit installed.
More likely also the eibach 1 I'm.drop springs

At home I have ready the GM MTX subwoofer, the GM red with black letters Camaro shoulder pads for the front seats and for the rear seats the momo shoulder pads.

4 special 1LE badges made to order. two for the hood. One for the rear one for the interior.

The all weather GM Camaro trunk mat, as well as the GM trunk net.
GM fender Transformers edition Autobot emblems . The Transformers wheel caps. As well as the Transformers edition stiched ARM rest.

Satin cup holder cover, Polish Door kick panels with CAMARo letters engraved, speaker covers with Chevy logo, as well as front dash speaker cover .

Lloyd front mars with red corners and red letters with Camaro and RS logo.

Billet red racing pedals.

Le man's fender harsh marks vinyl. Side gills vinyl, mail slot vinyl, solar wing, trunk blackout cover. Plus I got the OEM inferno orange leather seat covers from a member here in perfect conditions..
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #184
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Cars are being built today. However those will not update till Tuesday. A 2SS without RS is a rare bird. Good luck guys.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #185
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Cars are being built today. However those will not update till Tuesday. A 2SS without RS is a rare bird. Good luck guys.
I know. I'm thinking I made a mistake now by not ordering the RS package ... though, after reading another thread here about the RS package and fog lamps becoming DRLs, I'm glad I didn't.

Having said that, I'm probably going to do a retrofit for the xenon lights myself. I really like the eyeball look even when the lights aren't on.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #186
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
I already have a bunches of parts and accesories ready

First week I get it I already set up to take it to Wilwood engenering to get tye big brake kit installed.
More likely also the eibach 1 I'm.drop springs

At home I have ready the GM MTX subwoofer, the GM red with black letters Camaro shoulder pads for the front seats and for the rear seats the momo shoulder pads.

4 special 1LE badges made to order. two for the hood. One for the rear one for the interior.

The all weather GM Camaro trunk mat, as well as the GM trunk net.
GM fender Transformers edition Autobot emblems . The Transformers wheel caps. As well as the Transformers edition stiched ARM rest.

Satin cup holder cover, Polish Door kick panels with CAMARo letters engraved, speaker covers with Chevy logo, as well as front dash speaker cover .

Lloyd front mars with red corners and red letters with Camaro and RS logo.

Billet red racing pedals.

Le man's fender harsh marks vinyl. Side gills vinyl, mail slot vinyl, solar wing, trunk blackout cover. Plus I got the OEM inferno orange leather seat covers from a member here in perfect conditions..
Where'd you get the badges?

I'm thinking of removing the bow tie from the front and back and the SS from the front and back. Then installing a heritage grill keeping it black only and with no emblems on it. Finally I may put my 1LE emblems either on either side of the hood (ZL1 style) or put one on the back in place of the SS and scrap the other. I'm even thinking about putting the 1LE emblems under the "camaro" funder emblems if it doesn't look too heavy.

Have you looked at Emblem Pros' Hydrocoating? I'm contemplating getting spedo/tach cluster and console bezel done in "carbon fiber". They also have skull and bones, camouflage and other designs.

http://emblempros.com/hydrocoated_parts
1. Cluster Bezel http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/5458/5060
2. Console Tray http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/5458/5059
Old 11-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #187
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
The forgotten 4
SOLD! - The Forgotten Four it is!

So everyone knows ... I'm not going to submit to becky until 10PM (soonest) Monday night PST.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #188
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
We are now like that Xbox 360 video game " Left four Dead"
I got 2SS 1LE RS Inferno Orange, Navigation, NPP .
Yeah, it's not our config. You're normal. I think I pooched myself not going RS. Didn't go navigation since I have an iPhone and several GPS apps.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #189
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Badges just like u guessed I got them at emblem pros..... Are u doing anything to upgrade brakes ?
Old 11-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #190
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Yeah, it's not our config. You're normal. I think I pooched myself not going RS. Didn't go navigation since I have an iPhone and several GPS apps.
after checking out the projectors on the retrofit source, i'm glad i didn't go RS. the lights were really the only draw for that package, but i like what i found for retrofitting even better. which now means i would've paid for the RS just for the roof ditch and painted antenna lol...

i did pick up the nav system, just because i really hate messing with my phone for anything while driving stick
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #191
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
SOLD! - The Forgotten Four it is!

So everyone knows ... I'm not going to submit to becky until 10PM (soonest) Monday night PST.
Well, i have no VIN, at least i won a name
scubadoo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:15 AM   #192
OzzySS

It is kinda sad that the originator of this thread is one of the last to be built...that being said, I read somewhere here that they are working Saturdays to build, but their system doesn't update on Sundays.
Also, lio, you gotta remember they aren't building just 1LEs up there they've got plenty of other orders to build throughout the week as well. No clue how they choose, but I'm sure there's some sort of system in place

Old 11-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #193
Lio Martinez
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
It is kinda sad that the originator of this thread is one of the last to be built...that being said, I read somewhere here that they are working Saturdays to build, but their system doesn't update on Sundays.
Also, lio, you gotta remember they aren't building just 1LEs up there they've got plenty of other orders to build throughout the week as well. No clue how they choose, but I'm sure there's some sort of system in place
Yeah I undersrand that is not only the 1LEs being built... It just feels like forever... I even had a dream last night that I already went to pick it up.......
Old 11-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #194
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Badges just like u guessed I got them at emblem pros..... Are u doing anything to upgrade brakes ?
Not going to touch the brakes until I test them a bit. A friend of my I play tennis with has a son who has his own business as a Track Driving Coach. I'm going to pay him and get out on one of the tracks in NorCal and see what he says.

I'd been thinking about a CAI but punted on it until if/when I decided to change exhaust and add a tune to it at the same time.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #195
CrystalRedTintcoat

Ozzy: thanks for the zen thoughts about being the originator.

Chevy is only expecting 2% of the 2013 Camaro buyers to go for the 1LE. If we look at the VIN numbers coming off the line by date we can get an idea of how many cars are being manufactured in between.

Section 1 - WMI - Work Manufacturer Identifier
2 = where built / Canada
G = Manufacturer / Chevrolet (L = Chevy South Korea)
1 = Make / Chevrolet

Section 2 - VDS - Vehicle Descriptor Section
FT = platform and series (ND for Malibua, WF for Impala, FT = Camaro)
1 = body type (1 = 2 door coupe; 2 = two door; 3 = two-door convertible; 5 = four-door sedan; 6 = hackback; 8 = four-door wagon; 9=four-door station wagon).
E - Restraint system
W - Engine type
9 - Check digit. USe to verify the accuracy of the rest of the VIN and that it hasn't been tampered with.

Section 3 - VIS - Vehicle Identifier Section
D - Model year of vehicle (2013)
9 - Assembly plant where car was made (Oshawa)
167045 - Car's individual serial number

11/14 1LE VINs
2G1 - FT 1EW 1 - D9 - 166827
2G1 - FT 1EW 5 - D9 - 166863
2G1 - FT 1EW 9 - D9 - 167045

11/15 1LE VIN
2G1 - FT 1EW 3 - D9 - 167588

11/16 1LE VINs
2G1 - FT 1EW X - D9 - 167894
2G1 - FT 1EW X - D9 - 168110

11/17 1LE VINs
2G1 - FT 1EW 3 - D9 - 168854
2G1 - FT 1EW 3 - D9 - 168966
Old 11-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #196
OzzySS

Woosa...CRT back with some learning so it looks like they crank out up to a couple hundred cars a day, minus ZL1s, who I think are getting their own serialized VINs. Cool!