Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #29
Au201

Drives: Black V6 auto 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
GM considers a top end cleaning a maintenance item. So that would not be covered at all. It's like if a dirty air filter caused an issue/damage it wouldn't be covered.
Highly doubt that. I had one done on my LFX powered equinox and it was under warrantee.

Sent from my bragging iPhone using an app that encourages it.
Au201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #30
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Au201 View Post
Highly doubt that. I had one done on my LFX powered equinox and it was under warrantee.

Sent from my bragging iPhone using an app that encourages it.
Under bumper to bumper. Less than 3/36k. After that it wouldn't be covered unless your dealer was just being nice and did it for you.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #31
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaavi View Post
But I don't want to go back to that dealership ....I'm planning on avoiding them from now on.
lol i feel u.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
Sinaavi

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallica Camaro LS
Just a quick update. I called the dealership yesterday and they said they received the engine. They will work on getting the engine put back together and into the car today, and I should be able to pick it up on Friday. (Since they are obviously closed on the 4th of July) I asked about the possibility of a 5 year, 60,000 warranty from now for the engine, but was promptly told no. That's okay, I can understand that. After all, I shouldn't complain too much right, since I am getting a new engine. Will just have to go through the break-in period again. But hey, if I remember right, it states to not drive at the same speed all the time. Which is fine by me.
Oh, and the first dealership said that if I took my car back there, they would clean up the mess they left on the side of my car. They also said that they would give me the $160 that I paid for the service back in service credit. Gee thanks for the offer, but the idea is that I don't want to take my car back to your place. So, looks like that is out the window.
Sinaavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #33
sdhberg

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
I have been having the same problem sporadically with my 2011 2LT for over a year and a half. I have taken it into the dealer several times and they could not find anything wrong. I have had two check engine lights; one for a cylinder misfire and the other was an unknown reason. During a recent long road trip the rattling noise went from sporadic to constant at all times except initial acceleration/deacceleration. Took it back to the dealer and received a call informing me that they talked to GM and will be removing the engine for a teardown/inspection, possible replacement and that GM may be sending an engineer to assist. Hate not having my car for possibly several weeks but am glad this is getting taken care before my warranty expires in 4 months.
sdhberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #34
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhberg View Post
I have been having the same problem sporadically with my 2011 2LT for over a year and a half. I have taken it into the dealer several times and they could not find anything wrong. I have had two check engine lights; one for a cylinder misfire and the other was an unknown reason. During a recent long road trip the rattling noise went from sporadic to constant at all times except initial acceleration/deacceleration. Took it back to the dealer and received a call informing me that they talked to GM and will be removing the engine for a teardown/inspection, possible replacement and that GM may be sending an engineer to assist. Hate not having my car for possibly several weeks but am glad this is getting taken care before my warranty expires in 4 months.
Wow sdhberg,

Sorry about the extensive process that you're experiencing at the dealership, though I'm happy things are moving forward for you and the vehicle. Feel free to contact me if you need additional assistance regarding communication with the dealership.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
sdhberg

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Wow sdhberg,

Sorry about the extensive process that you're experiencing at the dealership, though I'm happy things are moving forward for you and the vehicle. Feel free to contact me if you need additional assistance regarding communication with the dealership.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I received a call from the dealer today informing me that a new engine is on its way from Detroit. I didn't mean to imply that I was having issues with the dealer only that they couldn't find anything wrong during previous visits because the noise would stop. Thank you for the response.
sdhberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhberg View Post
I received a call from the dealer today informing me that a new engine is on its way from Detroit. I didn't mean to imply that I was having issues with the dealer only that they couldn't find anything wrong during previous visits because the noise would stop. Thank you for the response.
No problem,

I completely understand. I just wanted to reaffirm that we're here to assist if concerns arise at the dealership! I'm happy your engine is en route. Good luck moving forward and don't hesitate to contact us with questions.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Tags
engine noise, low milage, pinging