Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Anyone ever had wheels made?

I'm talking full on milled from a billet to your specs. In all honesty I really love the factory wheels on my Camaro, I just wish they were wider.
Have started wondering what the price and process would be to have a pair of wheels milled to match the car.
Would move the stock rears to the front and have a set of customs milled in 20X10.5 to fit the rear and match the look of the stockers.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Seems like a lot of work and expense when you could just have the factory wheels widened?? One of the guys up here had that done.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #3
mpiersd

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
Seems like a lot of work and expense when you could just have the factory wheels widened?? One of the guys up here had that done.
True, but the widened wheels still need spacers to fit right, and would not pass inspection for any road course events

ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:11 AM   #4
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
I don't think you will want to pay for that extra half inch with a custom wheel ...You can have the factory wheels widened and no spacer is needed ..I would go an inch tho
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:06 PM   #5
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Most 3 piece and 2 piece wheels are made when you order them with the specs you want, business can't afford to have wheels made sitting on the shelf and no buyers.

Last edited by SSmoothie; 05-28-2014 at 10:47 PM.
SSmoothie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #6
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I'm going to be in that boat with my project '67. I've got mini-tubbing to finish and then rears suspension to install then I'll need my wheels to start mock-up on the diff. Sadly it seems to start in the $3,500 and up range for a set of four custom billet wheels. Ouch!

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
mpiersd

I spoke with a couple of guys with CNC machines capable of the work, for just two wheels in a 20x10.5 I'd be looking at over $2800.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:25 PM   #8
ModBargains

Drives: Camaro RS/SS, 996TT, E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
I spoke with a couple of guys with CNC machines capable of the work, for just two wheels in a 20x10.5 I'd be looking at over $2800.
That's actually not far off from most 3 piece forged wheels. While expensive it would be cool!
ModBargains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
mpiersd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModBargains View Post
That's actually not far off from most 3 piece forged wheels. While expensive it would be cool!
Problem is, I'm not a fan of 3 piece wheels. I like the clean look of a one piece wheel.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 PM   #10
xtreme industries

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2lt RS
on another forum (different car), there was a guy that had a one off set made, cost was 700 a wheel and those were only 17"
2010 Camaro 2lt RS, IOM on IOM, M6, eibach springs, eibach sways, ported throttle body, black ice-olator, RX catch can, OBX headers - no cats, Pypes cat back, Vibrant resonators, injen intake, DRL over ride, decepticon fender emblems, transformer sill plates, transformer script on cowl, more to come.
xtreme industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:57 PM   #11
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
Problem is, I'm not a fan of 3 piece wheels. I like the clean look of a one piece wheel.
Do a search in this part of the form , I know that a couple years ago someone did just that , posted a thread showing the process as it were being built
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #12
mpiersd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Do a search in this part of the form , I know that a couple years ago someone did just that , posted a thread showing the process as it were being built
Thanks.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
mpiersd

Quote:
Any help on this? Searched a half dozen terms and scanned through about 75 pages of threads, haven't found a thread yet for custom milled wheels other than one guy in the U.K.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #14
Robvas

Drives: G8
Quote:
Could have swore one of the CamaroZ28.com guys had some custom wheels made up.
Robvas is offline   Reply With Quote