Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #1
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
chipped paint DIY help

hey all, ive decided i want to touch up my paint myself, and i was wondering if anyone knew of some nice DIY products i could buy. i got my 01 navy blue metallic recently and theres enough paint chips in the hood for me to care about, and id really rather not have to pay someone else to fix this
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=langka
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
BICHN CAMARO

Drives: without a license: ss 6m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotowns Finest View Post
hey all, ive decided i want to touch up my paint myself, and i was wondering if anyone knew of some nice DIY products i could buy. i got my 01 navy blue metallic recently and theres enough paint chips in the hood for me to care about, and id really rather not have to pay someone else to fix this
Fotown, get a bottle of T/U paint from either the dealer or a body shop. If you go to a body shop ask them NOT to reduce the mix. Do not use the included brush. Instead, go to a crafts store a buy a good artists brush kit containing brush sizes slightly smaller than the size of the chips. Use those brushes instead. It takes a few coats to cover the area and do not GLOB it on. This will save you $$ and give a decent repair.
and they all ride the bus!

Dead Milkmen
BICHN CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
blackknight
Camaro Lover

Drives: 2014 GMC Sierra 5.3L
While swapping my rear bowtie out with a black painted one, i made a nice little chip when i pulled it off. Luckily its pretty small, and in an inconspicuous area....gonna use some touch up to fix it.