Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #15
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
congrats!!
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #16
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Congrats!!!! aqua blue is a cool color and even better in the bright sunshine. I see you have the permagrin.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjose View Post
hey just curious but are you buyin the car or are yer parents gettin it for you?

don't be jealous !

congrats on the car
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
hey just curious but are you buyin the car or are yer parents gettin it for you?
He paid for the car and worked his ass off to get it.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #19
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
sorry i wasnt jealous just curious, just like there is a post about under25 buyin a new camaro.

So since i forgot to say it earlier CONGRATS, I love the color, if I ordered one i would've got that color.
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #20
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
He paid for the car and worked his ass off to get it.
How do you know are you one of his parents? anyways i was just asking jeeze i'm not jealous just curious. Cause i'm 27 and this is the first car i got in my name with my own credit. I am working as an electrician trainee and going to school, and for where I live i'm making pretty decent money and i couldnt afford much more than the 1LT with some options. So all that said I was asking to find out if he was buying it so i could ask what he does, that's if he's buying it. If not that's cool too, some people's parents make good money and can buy their kids stuff like that. I hope that when my kids are at the driving age I can have a few cars that are in good condition that they will like so they can drive them to school and depending what kind of kids they are ( cooperative vs. uncooperative) I might even get them a new(er) car when they get their license.
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
ToddSS
ZZ Motorsports Sales Rep

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS
Congrats on the car! The Blue is one sexy mofo!
ToddSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #22
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
How do you know are you one of his parents? anyways i was just asking jeeze i'm not jealous just curious. Cause i'm 27 and this is the first car i got in my name with my own credit. I am working as an electrician trainee and going to school, and for where I live i'm making pretty decent money and i couldnt afford much more than the 1LT with some options. So all that said I was asking to find out if he was buying it so i could ask what he does, that's if he's buying it. If not that's cool too, some people's parents make good money and can buy their kids stuff like that. I hope that when my kids are at the driving age I can have a few cars that are in good condition that they will like so they can drive them to school and depending what kind of kids they are ( cooperative vs. uncooperative) I might even get them a new(er) car when they get their license.
I took care of the insurance for him. I thought you were being sarcastic so I apologize. I am 30 yo and the first time in my life can afford two brand new cars, and worked my ass off for them. So I have a lot of respect for Ant and you.

I think parents who buy this car for their kids are just asking for trouble, imo. But people under 25 or even 21 who buy this car themselves have proven to be responsible enough to drive such a powerful car, imo.

The car before me that sold at my dealership was a 2SS SIM, for a 16yo child whose parents were buying for them. The dealer just shook his head and said I hope he doesn't wreck this car.

Not to get into an age discrimation here but there are people that I know in their 30's I would not trust with my car.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Great color u decided on Ant...Love it!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #24
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
BEAUTIFUL.
Have fun with you're new LT/RS
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #25
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Sweet ride! Love the color - and yes, for a while you will feel famous
Old 08-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #26
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Quote:
sorry i wasnt jealous just curious, just like there is a post about under25 buyin a new camaro.

So since i forgot to say it earlier CONGRATS, I love the color, if I ordered one i would've got that color.
all is forgiven
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
I took care of the insurance for him. I thought you were being sarcastic so I apologize. I am 30 yo and the first time in my life can afford two brand new cars, and worked my ass off for them. So I have a lot of respect for Ant and you.

I think parents who buy this car for their kids are just asking for trouble, imo. But people under 25 or even 21 who buy this car themselves have proven to be responsible enough to drive such a powerful car, imo.

The car before me that sold at my dealership was a 2SS SIM, for a 16yo child whose parents were buying for them. The dealer just shook his head and said I hope he doesn't wreck this car.

Not to get into an age discrimation here but there are people that I know in their 30's I would not trust with my car.
Sigh... It's that kind of thing that really burns me up. Parents buy these brand new, expensive cars for their fresh-driver children, and most of the time, the children go around and wreck it because they have no real appreciation for the car.
I mean, you're 30, you bought TWO new cars (which I salute you for), and because you worked for them, they probably mean A LOT to you. But that kid, it's just his first car. He doesn't know what its like to have to work for something so grand. And it's a 2SS- probably gonna crash it too. I can't help but age discriminate. I'm 16, I know what it's like to be in a car. You just want that power, and a 2SS delivers. Me, I'm driving a $3600 '98 Camaro, and I love it more than I would ever love a $36,000 '10 Camaro my parents would buy me. Plus, I couldn't accept it. I know the value of a dollar, and I work for my things. But come on, 16 and driving one of the most powerful cars on the road.
I don't know. Just a rant. I don't think kids should be in new cars unless they pay for it themselves. In that instance, I extend my hand out to them.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #28
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:

Yeah my son is 13 and told me 2 days ago that he is starting to save up his money for a V6...

I told him okay and was glad he didnt ask me to buy him one..

He said he was gonna try and save up as much as he could before his 16th birthday..

I told him if he has at least 20,000 saved up I will pay the reamiaing...

He told me he wants a 2LT RS with manual tranny and RJT like his pops...

Lol so I am ok with my 16 year old having the V6 hack I would be happy with him have a V8 as long as he payd for it but he said thats too much power for him lol...

So I told him as longs as he works his butt off that I would pay what was left from what he had...
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote