Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #29
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Like posted above. E85 and a tune are the only mods you will get noticable gains with. The cars pritty danm good on it's own. Can you get e85 in ca?
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:31 AM   #30
WarlockCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Like posted above. E85 and a tune are the only mods you will get noticable gains with. The cars pritty danm good on it's own. Can you get e85 in ca?
^ Yes you can, but all of the stations here are very scarce or are too far away. One of our high school seniors that graduated owns a 800-900 hp evo. you might know him as Chris from supercar-suspects and he told me he needs to drive over 20 miles (one city over) to full up his tank with E85. E85 here is also very expensive last time I checked it was 9$ per gallon.
WarlockCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:37 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
Okay, I didn't intend for this thread to turn into a thread about the environment and such, but regarding that I want to say a few words. As a person who has lived in California his whole life I have seen my fair share of bad fog days. I know the history of this state/county (LA) like the back of my hand, and I also know that it's environment/air pollution is in a complete disarray. That's why I made this thread in the first place, to ask if there are any CARB and or environmentally friendly performance parts for my car, so that I may not only get horsepower gains, but also not add to the worsening pollution issue in my county. I know it's ironic that I'm taking about saving the environment as a V8 owner, but at least I'm trying to follow the rules of this land as much as I can.
Edited this to protect a Vendor...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 10:41 AM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
We get E85 for less than $3 around the capitol. It seems you can get to about 700-RWHP, or there-abouts, before the cats' become a thermal issue. I've been noticing LTs for LT4-type cars are only worth about 20-RWHP so for all the trouble they are for CA-residents, CAI, TB, ported blower, stealthy cam, ported heads and E85 don't sound all that bad for a good power-return.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:36 AM   #33
Fast02Z06

Drives: 2018 ZL1
this is why I moved out of California15 years ago and will never look back. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and jumped at the1st opportunity to get the Hell out of that shi#hole. I have a cammed long
tube header built C7 Z06 and my Zl1 with zero issues abt loud exhaust, damn carb bs, not to mention the ridiculous cost of living in Cali. I don't get what ppl see abt that place at all? unless you are in tech or film/entertainment industry why torture yourself?

Texas is where it's at this plus I'm a homeowner on a decent income where in Cali I'd be on government assistance.
Fast02Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:10 PM   #34
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast02Z06 View Post
this is why I moved out of California15 years ago and will never look back. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and jumped at the1st opportunity to get the Hell out of that shi#hole. I have a cammed long
tube header built C7 Z06 and my Zl1 with zero issues abt loud exhaust, damn carb bs, not to mention the ridiculous cost of living in Cali. I don't get what ppl see abt that place at all? unless you are in tech or film/entertainment industry why torture yourself?

Texas is where it's at this plus I'm a homeowner on a decent income where in Cali I'd be on government assistance.
Beautiful coastline and beaches
Mild winter
Mild summers with low humidity
Yosemite, Tahoe, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Redwoods
Napa Valley, Alexander Valley, Santa Barbara and other wine growing regions
Highway 1 and Big Sur, too many great mountain highways to list
Sierra Mountains with great trails and ski resorts
Laguna Seca, Infineon Sears Point
Disneyland, Sea World, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, etc.
San Francisco, Los Angeles with all their cultural attractions and cuisine options
Military: many great Navy and Marine stations

The downsides you list are real, and job-wise there are great-paying jobs here, but if you don't have one of them, the cost of living is a killer. But I don't think CARB, and laws against 30-round clips, sap the enjoyment out of life.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:54 PM   #35
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
Right on! I recently spent two years in Daytona and have been to Texas many times. It is true that income can be an issue at any of the coastal cities, but I would rather live in a cardboard box than put up with that heat and humidity every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:54 PM   #36
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlockCamaro View Post
^ Yes you can, but all of the stations here are very scarce or are too far away. One of our high school seniors that graduated owns a 800-900 hp evo. you might know him as Chris from supercar-suspects and he told me he needs to drive over 20 miles (one city over) to full up his tank with E85. E85 here is also very expensive last time I checked it was 9$ per gallon.
I have a friend with a CTS-V tuned for E85, and he said he only pays about $2.60 a gallon. When we had the big gas price increase recently, he said the E85 stayed about the same.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:01 PM   #37
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshelar View Post
Right on! I recently spent two years in Daytona and have been to Texas many times. It is true that income can be an issue at any of the coastal cities, but I would rather live in a cardboard box than put up with that heat and humidity every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compared to a house with good A/C, I can't imagine a cardboard box being too comfortable, but to each his own.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote