Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
AVRCP 1.3

Question regarding Bluetooth. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running a ROM that supports AVRCP 1.3. With this recently implemented, I expected my song titles to show up when using Google Music or Pandora. Well, it doesn't. The head unit still just displays my phone name. Music streams fine and I can control track skipping using the seek buttons on the head unit and steering wheel. Just wondering if there is any way to get the metadata to show on the head unit. Thanks in advance.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
Pur3vil

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
As far as I know, an aftermarket head unit is the only way to get the meta-data to show from bluetooth. It appears that GM didn't implement the AVRCP stack in the head unit or pdim, where ever the entertainment bluetooth stack is located.
Pur3vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
CrutchfieldBrooke

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 1968 Camaro
Yes. I agree with Pur3vil. Although I haven't tried it yet on mine, it's likely that the factory stereo doesn't support the profile needed for the data to appear. You typically do find this is most aftermarket head units though.
CrutchfieldBrooke is offline   Reply With Quote