Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #29
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Sorry to hear about your car. Thank God you are ok.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:16 AM   #30
OnStar Advisor

Drives: Camaro
OnStar

HarriSSon,

I hope you and anyone else involved in your crash is okay. I would certainly like to investigate this incident further. Please PM me your VIN information, and I will contact you directly. Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarriSSon View Post
Also, not sure how much it takes to set off crash sensors but, I had an estimated $11,500 in damage and neither airbags nor OnStar was activated. A family friend totaled her new Yukon a few years back from being hit in the side by a drunk driver. Flipped her vehicle and OnStar didn't activate. I think it's hit and miss, but I'm not taking any chances. Ifeel that being able to lock, start and track your car remotely is a plus.
OnStar Advisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #31
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Happened Tuesday. As many of you know, I have hundreds of man hours and my blood, sweat, tears and love in this car. She was just recently featured in a Camaro calendar. I've done all the mods myself, and it's fully loaded with tons of engine mods, Hotchkis track pack suspension, many new body pieces, custom interior and engine bay, etc. I was terrified that because the side curtain and seat airbags deployed, the car would be a total loss. But fortunately, they valued her so high, it's not a total, thank God. Some people were telling me I should be happy if they totaled it, and for a while we thought it would be and were looking for an IBM SS (which is VERY hard to find in an automatic, loaded, because of how rare the color is, I discovered) but I wanted MY car, not a different one, and I broke down and cried when they told me they valued her at almost $20K even with 100k miles on her and that I'm going to get to keep her because there's only about $10k in damage. I was shocked how they included all my mods in the valuation; State Farm has truly been fantastic. They are covering my transportation, gas, time off work, medical bills, everything.

I was able to start her up and back her off the road, but the axle is badly bent and the suspension is trashed, so she's getting a new rear end, new 1LE wheel, new headliner and seat (which I actually needed), etc, but she's going to be fine. I'm shaken up and very sore, but she protected me, and before she even stopped moving after I was hit, OnStar was on the line asking me if I was okay and calling an ambulance. I will continue to pay for OnStar now because it truly was a huge relief to hear that voice talking to me and sending out first responders. I'm pretty sore; it was a hell of a hit, but the damage could have been far worse, and if she had hit me even three feet to the left I may not be able to sit here and tell you all about it. So I'm in my second car for a few weeks while they do repairs, and licking my wounds at home.

I was so distraught. When I posted about it on Facebook, some jerk made the comment that my priorities are all f'd up and it's just a car and blah blah blah, but this car is the reason I met my husband, and it has SO much sentimental value and so many good memories and it absolutely irreplaceable-- the first car I ever bought new, with signed stuff from everyone who built her at Oshawa. My baby!

Lot of wrecks lately; 5 just within our Camaro club. Be safe out there, guys. Your whole life can change in just a blink.

P.S. Airbags are disgusting. They smell like cow sh*t and get smoke and dust EVERYWHERE!
Sorry about your car & glad you are OK. Your build thread is one of the first I had read on this forum awhile back. It was great to read & watch someone with a ton of pride building a car. Was beginning to think that was a lost art that were not those that can afford to throw $20-$30+ grand at something right off the showroom floor.

Hope they get your car back to you quickly.

Oh & the nice thing about fb is you show your priorities by deleting the "jerk".
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:39 AM   #32
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Oh noo. Sux but glad your ok bowtiebelle!
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #33
Kendell347
Doc

Drives: BLACKOUT & Fifty
So sorry to hear about the hit, first, glad to hear you're ok! Second, glad to hear you're able to keep your baby. Third, don't let comments from anyone get you down, most people are just jealous cause they don't know what goes on in the Camaro community. All they know is to use the car to get from point a to b. Best of luck getting your baby back, just be patient

Sent from BLACKOUT using Tapatalk
1100-7/20/2009 * 6000-2/4/10 Proud Owner of Autographed Litho # 1282010 Camaro 2 SS/RS - BLACKOUT & 2017 Camaro 2 SS - 50th Anniversary #894 WWW. NY5THGEN.COM
Kendell347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:04 PM   #34
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Quote:
over 100K miles, I doubt they will give me a diminished value claim.
Does not help, you might get a little something (money) you can spend on Car or yourself.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:16 PM   #35
1badtie

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
keep us updated

2010 2SS RS --- SOLD
MODS-
Performance: BMR trailing arms & bushings | BMR Toe links | X-pipe | Muffler delete | Vmax ported throttle body | Apex "strong" MAS | Vararam CAI | Apex catch can | Kooks Headers | Kooks HF Cats | Dyno tuned by GPI 417 RWHP 409 FT-Lb
Cosmetic: painted Zl1 rockers | Zl1 grill | AAC side markers | AAC LED backup lights | windows tint | taillight tint | JDP tow hook | all emblems blacked out | LED fogs
1badtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #36
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build

Quote:
over 100K miles, I doubt they will give me a diminished value claim.
WOW what the [Hell]. Glad to see your ok the car not so lucky. But still I can't believe that is all the damage you got for 60 mph hit. Glad your Ins. is taking care of you.
I have American Collectors Ins on my 2011 IBM. $35,000 for the car almost $25,000 in mods. done 95% of the work my self. Had the car appraised by a professional for the Ins. appraised for $47,000. They will replace every thing just as it was if anything happens to it. $1,000 deductible. $600 for full coverage a year.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #37
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Glad you are ok these cars seem to handle crashes well. A guy in our club got hit by a train over the weekend. Said it flipped 4 times and he lived to tell about it. Cars can be replaced people can't. Build it better and keep enjoying!

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #38
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Glad you're okay. Man, everyone's been getting hit lately! I actually got rear ended a few months back, and theres a few threads popping up because of accidents. Kinda scary
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 07:54 PM   #39
Camarodave66

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Glad you are ok. Don't listen to keyboard warriors on Facebook. They are probably miserable people with no life's.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #40
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
She did her job and kept you safe, and glad to see you did yours and kept her safe with a good insurance company that realized its not A car its YOUR car.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #41
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
So sorry about your Camaro but really glad it will get fixed & you are okay. AND glad to see you back here on C5 among friends who get it! Keep us posted, take care of yourself & hope you are feeling better & your baby is all fixed up ASAP!
Old 11-03-2014, 09:37 PM   #42
LSXDoc

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS/1LE
hope to see you up and running again soon
Stainless Power LTs w/ CATs
Stainless Works ZL1 Res. Delete 3" Retro Catback
DST Ported ZL1 TB
619RWHP / 539LB-FT
LSXDoc is offline   Reply With Quote